CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   new to this (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/369961-new.html)

bobb December 11th, 2009 12:15 AM

new to this

extremely young atheletic, 50 yr old straight M , unattached , and would rather vacation with a companion. i have lots of time off from my work, somewhat flexible, wondering if this may be my answer to the cold , northeast winter blues. any thoughts, suggestions, pros, cons....would be greatly appreciated.
thnx, bobb

PeterFLA December 15th, 2009 01:44 PM

Hello Bobb: I am 58 y.o. male from Florida, originally from the Northeast and I am interested in a February cruise from Florida with someone who does not snore. My schedule is also very flexible. What do you think? Pete

JulieOregon December 17th, 2009 11:00 PM

Hi Bob

Hi Bob,
Would you consider the West Coast? LOL I'm female a young 52 and I do snore. I don't drink or smoke. I would consider a Caribbean cruise but the dates have to be right for the airfare. Julie

globetrotter28 December 27th, 2009 11:43 AM

Hi Bob,

I am thinking about going on a Western Caribbean cruise on Holland America either on Jan 3,17, or 31 going to

Key West
Belize
Mahagony Bay Honduras
Costa May Mexico

Let me know if you have any interest. Thanks.

jchesco January 5th, 2010 05:21 PM

Hi Bob, I am a 65 year old retired man located in the Northeast and am also interested in trying a cruise. I will be travelling alone and going with a companion sounds like the most frugal way to get started.

I don't know anything about how to start shopping for a cruise and what are the bestlines to loook at. I would like to try a trip to the Belize area leaving from Florida or that area.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
John

PS: I click quick reply, is that the proper way to send a post? What does Quote message in reply mean? Is that including the original message with my post?

yellowbee January 5th, 2010 05:45 PM

Hi Bob

I'm in your shoes. I am in NY not to far from Fulton where they had a record snowfall of 4 feet...yes yuk! I have sailed 9 times and I am currently searching for a relaxing safe cruiseline to travel solo with. At this time I have narrowed down my search to either Celebrity, Norwegian or Disney. I would love a Princess cruise but have not been able to find anything that suits my fancy. Costa was a wonderful cruise, very laid back and the staff was extremely attentive. I typically rate my cruises by the staff, if I can remember their names it's a good thing and by itinerary's. I don't usually rate food because on each and every cruise I have sailed I found all to have the good the bad and the ugly so to speak and more & more cruises are giving us the options of finer dining if we wish to pay extra.
BTW both the Eastern and Western Caribbean are beautiful :O)
Best of luck
Happy Sailing!
Maria

ednotmilkman January 5th, 2010 09:50 PM

Hey bobb,

I would suggest that once you find someone interested in joining you, you correspond by e-mail and then phone a few times just to get a "feel" for how compatable you are. Two rather quiet people might be boring, but even so, it should make it easier for both of you to strike up conversations with other people on the ship since others will be more at ease talking to "two friends" instead of some lonely guy, assuming you are a man, Bob ?? This should work no matter whether you are a co-ed pair or two buddies. That would be the best way to meet some nice ladies since girlfriends travel a lot more together than 2 guys. If you find the other person talks too much, then you better be planning to get away from them and do your own thing a lot.

I've had one male cabinmate, but he was the cruise director of the hosted singles group I went on and he was too busy planning stuff for me to ever get to know him much. He never even answered an e-mail before the crusie. Didn't matter so much there since there were 27 women and only 7 guys in the group and we ate every night together and many times at breakfast. The other time was with a nice lady and we e-mailed a lot and talked about 4 times on the phone before meeting at the ship so we were comfortable with each other and it worked great. We ate almost every meal together.

I will not go cruising alone ! I tell people its boring on the ship after about 2 days unless you have some friends to do stuff with.