Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 16th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Beginner

Default Wanna share a Transatlantic Cruise in March or April?

I am planning a reinvention of myself and decided to incorporate a cruise into the equation. I will start by explaining my situation. I have recently decided to make a move to Italy and originally was going to take a 13 hour flight and just hop right into a new culture. Then I discovered repositioning cruises and decided that it would be a great way to prepare for my new adventure by taking a 14day or longer cruise across the Atlantic! I found some great itineraries however found that I would be penalized financially for trying to travel alone. I stumbled across this website and thought I could share a room with someone and they will be able to share in my reinvention. I am very easy going and I have an outstanding sense of humor. I have an excellent outlook on life as well. The first cruise I have interest in sharing leaves on March 28, 2010 and visits the Bahamas, various Caribbean Islands, Spain, Portugal, and ends in Italy. It is 17 days long. The next leaves on April 10th from Miami to the Canary Islands, Spain, France, Pisa, Rome...it is 14 days long. They both seem outstanding. If you have any interest in either of these, please let me know. I have not put a deposit on either cruise so we could decide together. I am open to females or males. I am a 35 year old male without any issues and have an interesting story to share with someone.
Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2009, 08:35 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to gfleo

Hi,

I might be intrested.I guess the 2 ships are Costa Fortuna and Navigator of the Seas. I'm already booked on the Costa Fortuna for the Mar 14-21 sailing and since I'm not familiar with Costa I don't want to take a longer cruise. However I just came back from a Transatlantic on the Navigator and loved it. I was actually looking at the Independence of the Seas, but guess I will be fine with the Navigator too. Besides that I'm platinum(might be diamond by the time we cruise) with Royal Caribbean. My e-mail is dajanproperties@gmail.com
Caribbean Princess
C. Destiny
N.Pearl Nov
C.Valor Sept 2008
Ruby Princess
C.Splendor
Indy
Liberty OTS 2009
Carnival Liberty
Eurodam
Radiance OTS
Mariner OTS
C. Freedom
C. Triumph
Navigator OTS(TA)
C.Dream
Solstice 2010
Costa Fortuna
Summit
Norwegian Dawn
C.Glory Sept 2011
Brilliance OTS 2012
Mariner OTS (TA)
Liberty OTS
C.Breeze 2013
C.Conquest
Serenade OTS TA
C.Sunshine 2014
Indy
Vision OTS
Old December 17th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Beginner

Gfleo, You are correct. The first cruise is Costa and the Second is Navigator of the Seas. Navigator looks like a great trip and a great ship! Here is the itinerary

Cruise line: Royal Caribbean International
Cruise ship: Navigator of the Seas
Destination: TRANSATLANTIC
Sail date: April 10, 2010 April 24, 2010
Category: N
Rate Code: BRKA01
Conf. #: Pending

Day Ports of Call Arrival Departure

Sat, Apr 10 Miami, Florida --- 5:00 PM
Sun, Apr 11 At Sea --- ---
Mon, Apr 12 At Sea --- ---
Tue, Apr 13 At Sea --- ---
Wed, Apr 14 At Sea --- ---
Thu, Apr 15 At Sea --- ---
Fri, Apr 16 At Sea --- ---
Sat, Apr 17 At Sea --- ---
Sun, Apr 18 Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain 8:00 AM 4:00 PM
Mon, Apr 19 At Sea --- ---
Tue, Apr 20 At Sea --- ---
Wed, Apr 21 Barcelona, Spain 9:00 AM 5:00 PM
Thu, Apr 22 Nice, France 9:00 AM 8:00 PM
Fri, Apr 23 Pisa, Italy 7:00 AM 6:00 PM
Sat, Apr 24 Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy 4:00 AM ---

I was quoted $897 per person for an interior cabin. Let me know what you think.

Regards,
Just Jimmy
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Familiar Face

Default Transatlantic

I am definitely interested in a transatlantic, I have been on numerous cruises, but never a transatlantic. I'm a 45 yr single straight male, non-smoker, doesn't snore, and light drinker.
I just missed an awesome deal on a transatlantic, 15 days for $500.
Email me direct with more details, viaggiatore88@yahoo.com
Mike
Old December 19th, 2009, 05:03 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to gfleo

I'm out of town. Will get back to you on Wednesday.
Caribbean Princess
C. Destiny
N.Pearl Nov
C.Valor Sept 2008
Ruby Princess
C.Splendor
Indy
Liberty OTS 2009
Carnival Liberty
Eurodam
Radiance OTS
Mariner OTS
C. Freedom
C. Triumph
Navigator OTS(TA)
C.Dream
Solstice 2010
Costa Fortuna
Summit
Norwegian Dawn
C.Glory Sept 2011
Brilliance OTS 2012
Mariner OTS (TA)
Liberty OTS
C.Breeze 2013
C.Conquest
Serenade OTS TA
C.Sunshine 2014
Indy
Vision OTS
Old January 14th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Transatlantic

Hello Jimmy: I am very, very interested in sailing on the Navigator of the Seas from Miami to Rome departing on April 10. The price is $649 total which includes all taxes and port fees. My father was born in Torino and it would be great to do this with someone who is considering living in Italy. Please call me asap at
727-545-3416 or email me at plrharmony@live.com with your reply one way or the other. Thank You, Peter
Old February 28th, 2010, 02:33 AM
Beginner

Hi Jimmy,

I am also looking for a Transatlantic mate. Your post stood out to me because my interest in taking a cruise has come from the same reasons. I live in Canada but I am moving to Spain and I want some space and time in between one place and the other. And I would like to spend this time on the ocean on a boat that is taking me to my destination. Are you still looking for a cabin mate? I am very interested in your option for April.10th. I'm in my twenties, mature and easy going. Email is best for communicating paurrod@gmail.com.

Paulina
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:29 AM
Familiar Face

Default beware of costa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfleo View Post
Hi,

I might be intrested.I guess the 2 ships are Costa Fortuna and Navigator of the Seas. I'm already booked on the Costa Fortuna for the Mar 14-21 sailing and since I'm not familiar with Costa I don't want to take a longer cruise. However I just came back from a Transatlantic on the Navigator and loved it. I was actually looking at the Independence of the Seas, but guess I will be fine with the Navigator too. Besides that I'm platinum(might be diamond by the time we cruise) with Royal Caribbean. My e-mail is dajanproperties@gmail.com
Just sharing my BAD experience on Costa T/A last Nov/Dec.
We booked a inside guarantee and the cabin they gave us was so small, it was only meant to be a cabin for a single. We paid for 2 people double occ. They insisted it was a double cabin but it would be impossible for 2 people live in this cabin for 14 days. After much arguing they moved us to a normal sized, for Costa, inside cabin.
The food was really bad, service was poor. Their currancy, on board, was in Euros, not good for Americans with U. S $. Overall not a good experience.
I will NEVER cruise with Costa, again.
I hope you have a better experience on your Costa cruise, but I would NEVER recommend Costa to anyone.
As for RCCL, I would HIGHLY recommend them. I did 3 T/A's with them since April. 2008. Each one was a WONDERFUL experience.
I, also did several other cruises with them and in less than 2 years have 13 cruise credits with them and am Diamond.
I'm booked on their T/A on the Voyager (LOVE that ship) this April, from Galveston to Barcelona and am really looking forward to it. Also, caught a good price a couple weeks ago.
I wish everyone good luck on getting on a, good, T/A and hope you all manage to find suitable travel partners.
I posted for a partner a couple weeks ago but a friend from Phila. decided to join me.
My recomendation to everyone is to go on an RCCL ship.
If anyone books on the Voyager, maybe we'll meet on board.
JOAN
Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:15 AM
Passenger

Default Costa

Hi, I crised costa in the med for 10 days. It was indeed not excellent. But I just thought it may have been cause my cruise before that was Cunard the QM2 just after she was built. But Costa is not a fantastic cruise line. Maybe better to go with the other.
Penny