Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Beginner

Default Looking for potential cruise-mates

I've been on three cruises with family members during the last 8 or so years. (Western Caribbean, Alaska and Panama Canal). Looking at heading out on my own but would def. like a cabin-mate to keep costs down.
Wondering if anyone would be interested in a scandinavian/st. petersburg itinerary either aug. 2010 or possibly delaying those plans until next year - maybe on princess or celebrity.
I'd also consider a warm-weather location later in 2010. I've also thought about a Canada/New England cruise this summer or next.
42-year-old single guy, can be quirky but respect people's boundaries, considerate in terms of noise level and letting people have their space when they want it, and hope for the same. But also open to doing things together on the ship and in ports. I like to try different kinds of foods, sight-see, like art, music, history, natural scenery, hiking, interacting with people from different places, etc.
I'd consider a male or female cabin-mate depending on circumstances, mutual interests/compatibility. Age isn't a huge issue - all things being equal I suppose my starting point would be to look for someone within 10 years of my age on either side, but open to older and younger.
Please feel free to send a message if interested.
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2010, 07:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default cruise partner

Hello Mike: I am 58, easy going and considerate. Would you be interested in going with me on the Crown Princess on May 27 from Venice. I have a great price of $1300 for the 12 days oceanview? I may be able to do your itinerary at another time. Please email your reply to me at plrharmony@live.com
Best Wishes, Peter
Old January 14th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Beginner

Hi Mike
I'm a Mike too
Just getting used to this system

I'm looking for a cruise companion for a trip from Sydney Australia to Fiji for March 06 2010.

Interested? or not in the right part of the world ?
Let me know - I will at least know that I sent this message ok to start me off

take care

Mike
Old February 26th, 2010, 01:33 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi, Mike-- it sounds like we have various interests in common, so I thought you might want to check out my new post regarding a 12-nt round-trip from Venice in May of 2011 on Nieuw Amsterdam. Come to think of it, I think I may still be able to just paste it right in here below-- yep, it worked! Read on:

I've had my eye on this exceptional itinerary for a while-- I even tried to talk my brother and his girlfriend into going in Sept or Oct of 2010-- but other realities intervened on their part. As things stand, I'm resolved to make the booking immediately, and go by myself if nobody else steps in. It would be far from the first time it's worked out that way-- but a roomie could cut the cost by about a thousand bucks, particularly if we also split a couple of hotel nights in Venice before boarding.

Here's the itinerarary:

Day 1 (April 30, 2011): Board mid-day; ship remains in Venice overnight, serving as our hotel for an additional night in the city.

Day 2: Sail from Venice at 5pm

Day 3: Split, Croatia (by tender), 9am-4pm

Day 4: at sea

Day 5: Piraeus/Athens, 8am-5pm

Day 6: arrive Istanbul 4pm-- overnight stay

Day 7: depart Istanbul 5pm

Day 8: Mykonos, (by tender) 1pm-11pm

Day 9: Kusadasi, Turkey (port for excursions to Roman ruins at Ephesus), 7am-7pm

Day 10: Santorini, (by tender) 8am-5pm

Day 11: Katakolon, (port for excursions to site of ancient Olympics) 9am-5pm

Day 12: at sea

Day 13: arrive back in Venice, 7am

The best per-person prices I've seen thus far for a cat. G cabin (partial view, upper promenade deck) are a bit over $1900. This is Holland America's newest vessel, (the maiden voyage is this July) with a few new specialty restaurant options and other bells and whistles.

I'm Jeff, and I live in western Mass. About to turn 51, an experienced cruiser, although this will be my first cruise in European waters. I'm very much interested in architecture, cultural landmarks and photography, and I figure this trip has to be a shutterbug's dream. I'm very active when I cruise, covering a lot of ground on foot. It could be enjoyable to spend a lot of time together and share expenses ashore, but if your interests and pace are altogether different, ("A few hours of shopping, and then hit the nearest beach!") then I won't take offense if we usually wind up going our separate ways. I like wine with dinner, but I'm anything but a "party-hearty" type, and I'm hoping to find someone quiet, reasonably neat, responsible, and considerate. Although I assume most of those responding to this posting will be male, women are welcome as well-- I would have absolutely no expectations of romance. I think I'd be most likely to get along with someone within a decade or so either way in age. I can't stand cigarette smoke, so I don't want to room with anyone who'd be lighting up in the cabin. Also, NOT SNORING is KEY!

I think that covers the territory pretty well-- so how about you?

Here's to smooth sailing-- "jeph"
Old February 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Beginner

Hi Mike,

I would like to take a cruise from New York to South Hampton on April 29th with Cunard. They have a great promotion at the moment, it is $1,267.00 for double occupancy. Please let me know if you are interested. paurrod@gmail.com.

Paulina