Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via ICQ to talenavi Send a message via Yahoo to talenavi Send a message via Skype™ to talenavi
Default Last minute Caribbean Princess May 18 from NY

I found the deal today - 9 days Caribbean Princess leaving May 18 from Brooklyn, New York inside cabin- $459 pp or $1220 for two with all taxes and fees. Oceanview is slightly more expensive -$549 Is anyone available at such a short notice? I am 37 SWW, not-smoking, nice and easy going
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2010, 03:28 PM
Beginner

Hi! I am interested in joining you on this trip. I have been looking for a good deal on a cruise and this is perfect for me. Please let me know if it is still available.
Eric
Old May 13th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Familiar Face

Default May 18 cruise

Is this still available? Please email further details to napluna@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Old May 14th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via ICQ to talenavi Send a message via Yahoo to talenavi Send a message via Skype™ to talenavi
Default Thank you!

The deal is still available, I sent PMs. That seems like really good deal for this cruiseline. The room is Inside guaranteed.
Old May 18th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Familiar Face

Smile

Hi Talenavi,

I just saw your post and was wondering if you had any luck finding someone for the May 18 cruise. Right now i'm in a predicament as i'm booked in an inside cabin on the May 27 departure (same cruise as you mentioned - 9 Day Princess). I paid $1204.98 for two (total with port fees and taxes) so not as great a deal as the one you found. But if you didn't end up going and you are interested, please let me know. I'm a quite, fun, straight, non-smoking late 30's female in Rochester NY - I'm driving down to Poughkeepsie the morning of May 27th and taking the train to NYC. Since i'm already stuck with this price (even if i go as a single) i could discount it down to what you had planned to pay for the 18th if you feel that would be fare.

Sorry - i didn't have time to set up my profile on this site as i wanted to write you quick.

Well if you did end up finding someone - you'd be leaving today. Have fun and let me know how it turned out.

Take care,
Paula
Old May 22nd, 2010, 06:56 PM
Familiar Face

Default Next cruise?

Paula, I am actually on Caribbean Princess, ended up traveling alone. It's a great cruise and I enjoy my time here greatly! If you are still looking for a companion for your May 27 travel please let me know asap - I would definitely go again!
Old May 23rd, 2010, 05:03 PM
Familiar Face

Default Princess - May 27

You'd really go again ? I'm not sure how it would work so last minute. I'm thinking it's cool that Princess would already have all your info for the immigration papers and stuff so maybe it could work. Your cruise ends the same day mine leaves - I wonder if you can just leave your stuff on the ship or if they make you actually disembark.? Would another 9 days for $500 be reasonable to you? Let me know what you think. We'd have to call Princess together so they could get the extra $100 for the port & tax fees (I'msure you know about this already Otherwise I could be out that money if you change your mind. My number is 585-703-2113. Hope to hear from you.
Old May 24th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Passenger

usually it's fine, you just tell them on board that you want to stay on for back to back sailings, if you already have a roommate, especially, it's no difference to them, just logistics...have fun!
Old May 24th, 2010, 03:09 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Talenavi,

I'm really not sure how these threads/posts work and which i'm supposed to by replying to or how to private message you. I do hope you get the messages - though I know it might be difficult when you are on the ship. Please feel free to call me asap (though i'm not sure if that's even possible from the ship) I'm on e-mail too but not in the evenings (pckarley@yahoo.com).

If I do get your e-mail at work during the day, I can send you the booking number and you could talk to whomever you need to on the ship to tell them you'll be staying on board. I want to get the booking number to you so again 'cuz i'm sure you'll need it. Feel free to call anytme (don't worry if it's after midnight, whenever is no problem) if you are interested. 585-703-2113 I'm on Verizon.

Best regards,
Paula
Old May 27th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Familiar Face

Paula,

I am so sorry that I missed your offer after all! I needed to get off the ship - lost my permanent resident card on the island and I wouldn't be allowed back onboard until I get a temporary one. Actually, even if you are taking one by one cruise they would still require a passenger to get off board and then going through the process again. But even that minor accident didn't spoil my trip - I didn't regret the single supplement after all. However I am really sorry I couldn't use that chance to share the room on May 27th! I am sure you will have a great time anyway! I want to be back on Caribbean Princess on June 5th
Old June 9th, 2010, 06:37 PM
Familiar Face

Hi again Talenavi!!

That's too bad about your resident card. I'm so sorry i missed you before i got on the ship. I kept checking my phone. That was one of my biggest fears - losing my important documents, but unbelievably it didn't happen. I had soooo much fun I truthfully didn't mind paying the difference either quite honestly. I pretty much feel like I ONLY ever want to travel by myself now - it's so worth the money and you don't have to worry about anyone else and whether they are having fun or not. andi had THE BEST time!

The weather was absolutely perfect and the food was yummy and I even lost 8 lbs 'cuz I was dancing till 4 am every morning. Plus being in the sun and running around, you sweat it off too.

I met three awesome families and hung out with them separately all week. A family of five from NJ (two sons and a daughter 26 to 32) they were my after-dinner dancing family (10 pm to 4 am). Next was the PA family of 5 (daughter and parents and aunt and uncle) who I never would have met if I hadn't missed my flight. They were my dinner time / excursions / wedding at the Ritz family they were a blast and absolutely hysterical. I met Crystal when I was checking in 15 minutes before the ship was leaving (due to the fact i issed my flight). Her boyfriend had to cancel the day before 'cuz his father was sick - so we were in the same boat having a room to ourselves. Her mom Barb looked like she was her sister - she was 43 and then we became fast friends too. They invited me & Josie (my medical alert yorkie) to their 25 year wedding renewal and Josie was even posed in the wedding pictures

Then there was a mother/daughter (from CA and Manhattan) and they were my breakfast and lunch friends and lay out in the sun friends (also had a couple of dinners with them).

I am soooooo happy I went I needed this vacation so bad !! Let me know where you end up on your next cruise. i don't always check here so feel free to write my on yahoo.. pckarley@yahoo.com I have all my cruise pics up on facebook if you want to add me as a friend - search for the e-mail address.

Take care and safe travels

-Paula
Old June 10th, 2010, 01:32 PM
Familiar Face

Paula I m so glad you enjoyed your cruise! I m on the Caribbean Princess now and having a blast again!!! If I would find a partner on a short notice I ll stay for another cruise going on 14th! There is just so much fun here and so much better traveling when you know the ship so well! I ll send you email shortly, would be so nice to talk and share the experience!
Old June 16th, 2010, 08:35 PM
Familiar Face

Hi again Talenavi - glad you had a great time on the Caribbean Princess all over again! I wish i had written you sooner so you could give two of my favorite bar servers a big hug for me up in Skywalkers or out near the pools. Ashley and Clint - both fantastic guys from India. If you end up on the ship again soon tell them Paula and Josie say hello. (they will know who we are and Lauren in the Vine Shop and Laurena in the clothing/sandal/purse shop. So i have to ask... how do you manage to cruise so often. I would love nothing more to do the same exact thing. I just have to find a way to not work at my 8 to 5 job every day and fund these vacations some other way. My goal would be to retire asap and be on a ship every day! I love it What trip do you have planned next? The friends i met on the cruise asked if i'd be interested in a Royal Caribbean in September. Baltimore to the Bahamas, 5 Days, so i'm considering that, but would love to do the Prin.Carib. again before Sep.

Hope you are well,
Take care !
Paula Karley Ellsworth
ps. Are you on facebook? All my cruise pics are up there if you want to see them.
Old March 16th, 2011, 06:18 PM
Familiar Face

Smile Hi Again Talenavi

I may try writing to your Yahoo messenger tomorrow if this doesn't go through - i still don't know how these threads work. I know we wrote each other last year and i missed you by a week on the Caribbean Princess - I left May 27 (you had lost your resident card and couldn't get back on that day) and you left on June 6 instead i believe.

I'm booked on the May 1 2011 CP departure from San Juan and back to NYC - I cannot wait ! I'm hoping to see some familiar faces. I've saved up enough now and am ready to set sail for good beginning in November (will either sell or rent my house out and will be leaving my job). Life is too short! I would love some hints and pointers on the cruise life, I want to make sure i'm budgeting correctly and taking all costs into account. I am sooo happy - the cruise ships are my favorite place to be! Look forward to hearing back from you. (i attached a pic of me at dinner with the family I sat with -i'm in the blue).

Best regards,
Paula
Old March 16th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Paula

I'm sort of butting in, sorry. But have you checked out the cruisecritic thread under solo cruisers? The poster Musica is currently on a ship for a year. I think the title or the thread is "Never too old" or something close to that.

Happy cruising!
Old April 11th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cruise may 30th- june 7th

I have a female friend who is looking to join a large group of mine on the carnival miracle cruise to the Bahamas coming up on may 30th. The dilemma is she needs to purchase a separate cabin and can not afford the cost alone. If anyone is interested please let me know asap. She is 19 years old looking for another female roommate
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Familiar Face

It sounds like a really nice deal that you have got there. I think that I might be interested.Can you provide me with some more information so that I can Think about it further?

Last edited by Trip; October 15th, 2012 at 08:31 AM. Reason: removed link