CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Alaskan Cruise late July2010 - F50 seeks F cabinshare (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/374889-alaskan-cruise-late-july2010-f50-seeks-f-cabinshare.html)

kvledger June 30th, 2010 07:40 PM

Alaskan Cruise late July2010 - F50 seeks F cabinshare

The deals are so good on Alaska now that I want to go, just need a cabinmate. I'm looking at HAL 7nts Sat 7/17-24 Zuiderdam $1299pp for a Balcony cabin on VacationsToGo. Itinerary is Glacier Bay (the best!), Tracy Arm, Juneau, Skagway & Ketchikan (all the cute towns). This is roundtrip out of Vancouver. Not set in stone, and will consider a Vancouver/Anchorage itinerary, I just thought this is an AMAZING balcony deal.

I'm a 50yr old young emptynester (straight/divorced), former corporate professional and an entrepreneur. Easygoing & get along well with others from all walks of life ... considered fun and down to earth. This will be my 4th cruise and 1st on HAL. Can't wait to see the Glaciers & Wildlife - LET'S GO! Sorry guys, I need a Female cabinmate, preferably in the 40-60 age range. I'm considerate, organized and independent - we can do things together if we have similar interests or be independent. If you're a HAL veteran even better ;)

kvledger July 1st, 2010 02:18 PM

Alaska 8/8 Oosterdam RT Seattle - F50 seeks F Share $1099 Balcony

OK, seems like lots more folks want to do this in Aug, so I'm game. Holland America has a Guaranteed Balcony (Cat VH) for only $1099. Sun to Sun RT out of Seattle. Ports are Glacier Bay, Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan and Victoria BC. Just need a female roomy, please reply only if you're interested in Alaska. Thanks.

sadams1212 July 1st, 2010 04:51 PM

I want to go very badly. I have been trying to go, but cant afford it just by myself (to much money for 1 person). I am a married 46 year old female. My husband does not like to cruise, he does not like large crowds of people. But he does like the outdoors and sights of the wilderness. I live near Orlando FL . I would love to try and make plans to go with you, but I would rather go very late or early in the Alaska cruise season (rates are the lowest then). I am considering a cruise and land tour. Does this interest you? If it does please lets talk more about our options. You can email me at sadams1212@aol.com. Thanks so much. :)

itsnowornever July 3rd, 2010 02:20 AM

I'm a 50 yr old professional.. would you consider Princess? Alaska cruise for 10 days roundtrip from SF, Aug30-Sep 8, about $1010pp inside cabin. My two sisters and their significant others will be on this cruise. Need to book asap, only 8 cabins left. Thanks.

kvledger July 3rd, 2010 02:54 AM

Hi, yes Princess or RCI is fine. But after doing more homework I'm set on a Vancouver/Anchorage (or vice-versa) itinerary that includes Glacier Bay. Sailings from SF & Seattle have a lot of seasickness apparently. Like you I definitely want a balcony for Alaska though ;-) I've been looking at RCI, Princess and HAL.

kvledger July 3rd, 2010 02:56 AM

Also, Sept 30 is too late in my mind, way too cold then brrrrr. Like you said though, it's now or never! I want to book one of the great last-minute bargains on Vacations To Go - they sell out fast.