Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 1st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Familiar Face

Thumbs up 2 S. Caribbean Cruises: late Jan 2011 Mature F to share cabin either/both

I'm booked on Celebrity Summit Jan, 2011, for 7 nights and RCCL Adventure of the Seas following, also 7 nights.
Seeking F.cabin-mate/buddy for either or both cruises. Strictly platonic. I am active 58 yr F.
Share some time--need not be all time. Celebrity is a group and a very good price. My sister is my travel agent and will be hosting the group cruise and she, her husband, and I will be on RCCL for a 2nd cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old July 1st, 2010, 10:55 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigLO View Post
I'm booked on Celebrity Summit Jan, 2011, for 7 nights and RCCL Adventure of the Seas following, also 7 nights.
Seeking F.cabin-mate/buddy for either or both cruises. Strictly platonic. I am active 58 yr F.
Share some time--need not be all time. Celebrity is a group and a very good price. My sister is my travel agent and will be hosting the group cruise and she, her husband, and I will be on RCCL for a 2nd cruise.
I am interested. 56 yo retired Australian lady. Daughter is an int FA so I can readily travel to the US. Can you give me dates of cruise. Have been on both Celebrity and RCCL before.
Old July 2nd, 2010, 11:09 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Kayeemen
Celebrity Summit is Jan 29, 2011 out of San Juan Puerto Rico, and RCCL Adventure of the Seas is Feb 6,2011.
If it still sounds good to you; let's chat here.
Thanks for your message and your interest!
Sig
Old July 3rd, 2010, 11:29 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Addition: Cruise companion and I must be compatible before agreement can be made.
Old July 5th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Familiar Face

Arrow

Will provide my agent's info upon need.
Old July 18th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Familiar Face

Adventure of the Seas is RCI (RCCL) 2nd cruise.
Old July 19th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Familiar Face

Welcome Any Interested Person, I thought I had 1 roomy found only to discover I had not sent pertinent info to that person.
I am currently a smoker. Both cabins are strictly NON-SMOKING and I will comply. Most smoking areas are outside on cruise ships. I know the odor lingers.
I hope to be quit by cruise time: no guarantees of course.
If I am quit and a smoker is to be my roomy, that will not be a problem.
Old July 24th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Familiar Face

I am now focusing on RCI Adventure of the Seas, Feb 6-13, 2011 out of San Juan, Puerto Rico. I may have found a cruise-mate/buddy for the Celebrity cruise.
Old July 24th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Beginner

Hi I am a 53 yr old single F looking to possibly share a cabin with you on RCI Adventure of the Seas in February. I am very easy going, very independent, can spend time alone but enjoy other's company. Like to snorkel, golf, play Texas Hold Em tournaments. Love to go to new places. I'm from California and have lots of free air miles so could easily get to San Juan for the cruise. If interested please email me at bcald81111@earthlink.net. I'm new to this board and haven't quite figured out how all these message boards work yet. so pls email me. Thanks Barb
Old July 24th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbcald View Post
Hi I am a 53 yr old single F looking to possibly share a cabin with you on RCI Adventure of the Seas in February. I am very easy going, very independent, can spend time alone but enjoy other's company. Like to snorkel, golf, play Texas Hold Em tournaments. Love to go to new places. I'm from California and have lots of free air miles so could easily get to San Juan for the cruise. If interested please email me at bcald81111@earthlink.net. I'm new to this board and haven't quite figured out how all these message boards work yet. so pls email me. Thanks Barb
Hi Barb! Will write and send this 1st, then send an email. This system isn't too bad. When you log in to cruisemates, there's a "notification" near upper R.--or private messages just below your user name. This is my 1st time searching for cabin-mate/buddy here--so far so good.

Your description sounds good. I haven't actually snorkeled yet, but hoping to. I don't golf or play poker, but enjoy many games, and play some slots.
I can get the details for this cruise, but don't have them handy. My sister is my travel agent and she and her husband and I will be doing this cruise following a group cruise with most of us from MN. My sister, Nina (long i) may be willing to arrange things for you if you like. She'll have to do the cruise part to get you booked in my cabin. She just found a little bit lower price offered yesterday--but I don't know right now exactly what it is. My family helps me hugely with these cruises! You should be able to find the itinerary at RCI and have pretty close $ amounts. I have inside cabin. Have to write Nina's website with "spaces", or this site changes it and the link won't get you there.

www. absolutely cruises plus. vacation port.net

Just remove all the spaces. The group/hosted cruise is highlighted there, but not the RCI Adventure. You can get her contact info.

I also enjoy others company, but am OK alone.
Did you see that I am currently a smoker? Won't smoke in the cabin--not willing to pay a $250-$300 cleaning fee. I may be quit by then--no guarantees.

I enjoy the sightseeing type excursions, hiking, etc. Nina and her husband Gene golf a bit. They have talked about a Sandals Resort (St Lucia??) they will be visiting -job related for Nina, and I plan to tag along. This may be possible for both of us if you're interested. We/They will be treated very well to promote the resort.

Let's visit here and email to make sure we will be compatible. I'll get at an email very soon. If things progress, we'll talk on the phone also. Just talked with the person I'm pretty sure I'll cruise with for the group cruise today. All for now and THANKS for your interest! Sig
Old July 25th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Beginner

Hi Sig:

Thanks for the email. I looked up the travel website, and tell me if this is the right cruise, RCI Adventure of the Seas 2/6 - 2/13/10, ports of call are: Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Maarten, Virgin Islands. Wow, if so, that sounds great! Inside cabin: about $599? I love visiting new places and if this is the cruise you are referring to, sounds wonderful!

I have been on two prior cruises from the West Coast of California, but never a Caribbean one. (love to do this). I have a timeshare near Cancun (Playa Del Carmen) that I share with my Ex, and do it every other year.

I saw you are a smoker and not a problem. My best friend is one.

I would be open to talking on the phone if you like.
Have a great weekend.
Barb
Old July 26th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Familiar Face

I am again looking for a Celebrity Summit Group Cruise cabin-mate/buddy.
Old July 26th, 2010, 07:04 PM
Familiar Face

REFOCUS: Searching for cabin-mate/buddy for Celebrity Summit Jan 29-Feb 5, 2011.
Old July 30th, 2010, 08:32 AM
Familiar Face

This is a Group : "Get Out of the Cold" Cruise, Open to anyone. 7 NIghts out of
San Juan.
Inside: $360
Veranda: $700
Based on 2.... Start prices. + the usual, taxes, port fees, tips, etc.
Have a look at: (Please REMOVE the spaces I've added --if I don't write it this way, website changes it to a link that won't get you there---)

www. absolutely cruises plus. vacation port. net

My sister is my travel agent and owns/operates this small business
I have an inside cabin booked, but I'd be willing to change it to accomodate my roomy.
Others: Group space could be limited.
Old August 7th, 2010, 06:32 AM
Familiar Face

Still seeking roomy/buddy for Celebrity Summit, Jan 29-Feb 5, 2011.

Inside cabin Booked from $360.00 + the usual

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St Thomas
Philipsburg, St Maarten
St John's Antigua
Castries, St Lucia
Bridgetown, Barbados
At Sea
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Old September 8th, 2010, 10:55 PM
Familiar Face

Have found a new friend to cruise RCI with me through this site. We're happy to know each other and sharing info and making plans for our trip.

Still waiting to meet another new friend to cruise Celebrity Summit with me.

My sister is my travel agent, so if I find someone compatible, Sis can make the arrangements in a very safe way.
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Familiar Face

My sister's website is: ABSOLUTELY Cruises & Travel - Home

Click on the Hosted Cruise 2011 for more info.
Thanks!
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:00 AM
First Mate

Hi SigLo, This is close to what I'm looking for in my next cruise, except the Summit alternates between two itineraries, and on this sailing does not stop on Grenada. Am wanting to go back there to see some friends I meet while helping after Hurricane Ivan. Keep adding a new reply to your post every few weeks and you could still find a "last minute" cabinmate. You will love it !

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Old September 9th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks Ed!
Just a thought--could you get to Grenada by way of a ferry from any of my ports?
I'd like to get to The Baths, so I'm hoping for a ship excursion to get me there.

Barb--above--and I are cruising RCI together and feels like a very good match. I'm very happy with cruisemates.com and all the info I'm/we're gathering--not to mention some really nice people!!!
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Beginner

Cool Celebrity Still Open?

I am a 55 year old married female who would love to ditch the South Carolina January weather for a Caribbean cruise at a great price. I'm a self-employed professional whose husband is not a fan of the sun or of hot, or even warm, weather (he would love to leave the SE, natch.) I am very interested in being your roomie for the the Celebrity cruise, and would love to tag along to Sandals. I am easy going, a little bit adventurous, love to do anything in or near the ocean, but can't say I have any particular water skills. Not a gambler - just never been exposed to it except for a few times for fun. I have no trouble entertaining myself, but also mix easily with groups, and make conversation easily with most anybody. This sounds like a great itinerary to me! I have cruised only twice, one short cruise in Caribbean and one cruise in the Aegean. Loved it both times. I think that cruises are probably best experienced with a group of people, and sounds like you come complete with a group - what luck!. You can drop me a line at susan5566@yahoo.com if the room is still available and if you want to find out more about compatibility. Susan
Old September 9th, 2010, 07:28 PM
Beginner

Please see my reply to your post, which I evidently wrongly posted as a reply to the "thread.' Don't know if there is much of a difference, but I figured what the heck, go ahead and reply to the post anyway, to make sure that you see it. Thanks. Susanr5566@yahoo.com
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:36 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Susan,
Just want to make sure you know that I'm a smoker. Cabin strictly non-smoking and I will comply. I do understand about the smell lingering.
Hope you're still interested!
Also, my family helps me hugely with the cruises --so the price is From the $360. My price paid should be very close--plus all the usual...........
my sister's web site is: ABSOLUTELY Cruises & Travel - Home
look at the hosted cruise 2011
Sig
Old September 10th, 2010, 03:47 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Susan,
Do you know that I'm a smoker? Just want to be sure that you know. Cabin is strictly non-smoking and I will comply. I don't smoke in my home. Hope you're still interested; but will understand if you're not.
Also, price is "from" $360 plus all the usual. My family helps me hugely with the cruises, so I rarely have exact $$ amounts. It should be very close to that. Please look at Nina's website: ABSOLUTELY Cruises & Travel - Home click on the hosted cruise 2011. Her contact info is there and she'll give you $$ info.
My Best to You!
Old September 10th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Beginner

Dear SigLO:

As to your inquiry about smoking -- yes, I did understand that you are a smoker, but that you will not be smoking in the cabin. That works for me just fine. I am not a smoker myself, but as long as you are not smoking in the cabin, it won't affect me at all. I remain interested, so let me know what questions you have about me so you can get an idea as to whethe we might be compatible. As I said, I am pretty easy going, mix well, and would want to hang with you and your group, tho probably not all the time. I have found on my other two cruise experiences that while shore excrusions are fine, I am also happy on the ship, where most everthing is already paid for. I particularly like having lunch in the dining room, as opposed to a buffet or cook-out, because the food is usually so good, and the service excellent. I would like to partake of some water-related excursions for swimming, beaching, snorkeling, or "snuba"-ing I saw advertised, or one of the trips where you swing thru the treetops on a guide wire. I am not so much into shopping, as I figure that just adds more cost to the whole affair, and shopping is just not high on my list of adventurous thing to do. However, not opposed to going along with others on a shopping trip for a fun exercise in looking but not buying much for myself. I would definitely be at least somewhat value conscious on the trip, but would expect to pay additional money for some "adventures." I am a social drinker, and will probably have one to three drinks on some, but not all nights. I am not normally a daytime drinker at all. (Well, maybe an occasional tropical drink if the setting requies it!) Not so concerned about the quality of the cruise, or how this cruise compare to others, as I figure we will definitely get our money's worth. I just want to have fun in the sun, and laugh with other folks who are also having fun. Let me know what you think. susanr5566@yahoo.com
Old September 17th, 2010, 06:23 PM
Familiar Face

wishiwasaworldtraveler and I talked on the telephone last night, and she and I have decided we will cruise Celebrity Summit together. Travel Agent sister is in Jamaica, so we can't get Susan booked with me until Monday.
Thanks Everyone Here!!!
Will continue to visit this site often.
Old September 24th, 2010, 10:40 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Hi, my name is Dorothy, I am looking for a roomate to go on a cruise. Did you find someone already? I live just out side of Minneapolis, Mn. I am 65 y.o. If you still need someone what are the prices and dates of the cruises. I know Celebrity is a more expensive than Royal Car.
Old September 24th, 2010, 10:47 AM
Beginner

Default Looking for travel companion

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotahawk1 View Post
Hi, my name is Dorothy, I am looking for a roomate to go on a cruise. Did you find someone already? I live just out side of Minneapolis, Mn. I am 65 y.o. If you still need someone what are the prices and dates of the cruises. I know Celebrity is a more expensive than Royal Car.
I am trying to submit the post, but it is giving me an error saying I need at least 10 characters, so I really don't know if adding this will help.
Old September 24th, 2010, 06:30 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Dorothy! I'm sorry, but yes, I've found roomies for both cruises. The Celebrity cruise was/is a very good price--starting at $360 (based on 2 in cabin) + all the usual. If you'd still like to go, look for my sister's info in the above posts. It is a Group--open to anyone. I'm in Mankato, Sis is outside Le Center. You might be able to find a roomy here. It's taken some time--but everyone here has been GREAT!!! Also, I have a 2nd ad in here that's just about the Celebrity cruise because I found a roomy for the RCI cruise 1st. Timing was better for her. There might be more of my sister's info there. I'll look at the above posts and may Private Message you here also.
Thanks so much for your interest! Sis does the "Get Out of the Cold Cruise" around this time every year. Think this is #15. If not 2011, maybe the next year!
Hope you get to cruise soon!!!