CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   29 SBF seeks travelmate for OCT cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/376177-29-sbf-seeks-travelmate-oct-cruise.html)

ShadowDancer894 August 16th, 2010 08:48 PM

29 SBF seeks travelmate for OCT cruise
 
I'm 29, grad student, And I am almost done with my doctorate. I just have a teeny bit more work to be completed and then my formal education is over! After over a decade of classes, I very much think that I will need a cruise ( and not just to save my sanity from the immense course work) to relax a bit. I have VERY limited window in Oct in which I can travel, before I have to complete my terminal degree. I want to kick up my heels, dance the night away, sip on some daquaris and make a new friend (could that be you?)

I'm a social drinker, a morning person (well after the first cup of coffee/tea is in me, I love AM yoga and am a super touristy person (I'm the person who will drive 1/2 way across the country to see the worlds largest ball of string.) and my favorite thing to do on the cruise is EAT.

Oh and P.S. Did I mention I'm a grad student? And as we all know grad student = nearly poor. So I do tend to take budget trips (I.E. Interior cabin, back of the boat bottom of the ship, 4 - 5 days. I've even had the cabin with the bunk beds).

I'd like to find a person (or persons because I'd completely room with and find two other random fun people and share a triple) and make new friends. I'm always on the look out for new travel buddies. Age, race, gender are not important. Being relaxed fun loving and wanting to experience much of what a place wants to offer is. I'm hoping to find free-spirited, laid back people, just nutty enough to be willin to do a caribbean cruise during hurricane season.

There are bonus points for being a foodie.

I want someone who shares the idea that this is our vacation; our chance to do the things that we don't get to do the other 352 days a year. Let's make the most of it!

If you think this might be fun, Drop me a line.
Shae

TravelBum August 16th, 2010 11:40 PM

Would you be interested in a 14days cruise from Venice, Italy (VCE) to NYC (LGA) from Oct30th thru Nov13th? The ship will stop in Cadiz, Spain; Malaga, Spain; Lisbon, Portugal; And, Ponta Delgada, Portugal.

The cruise fare is $649 + $127 in tax & port fees ...if you're really a grad student, then I will help pay portion of the cruise fare. You will only be looking to spend on air cost and $549 (cruise fare). And, if you need help searching for air, let me know your airport code.

If you want to learn more about this cruise, please visit ncl.com and search for NCL Gem transatlantic cruise.


Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDancer894 (Post 1310056)
I'm 29, grad student, And I am almost done with my doctorate. I just have a teeny bit more work to be completed and then my formal education is over! After over a decade of classes, I very much think that I will need a cruise ( and not just to save my sanity from the immense course work) to relax a bit. I have VERY limited window in Oct in which I can travel, before I have to complete my terminal degree. I want to kick up my heels, dance the night away, sip on some daquaris and make a new friend (could that be you?)

I'm a social drinker, a morning person (well after the first cup of coffee/tea is in me, I love AM yoga and am a super touristy person (I'm the person who will drive 1/2 way across the country to see the worlds largest ball of string.) and my favorite thing to do on the cruise is EAT.

Oh and P.S. Did I mention I'm a grad student? And as we all know grad student = nearly poor. So I do tend to take budget trips (I.E. Interior cabin, back of the boat bottom of the ship, 4 - 5 days. I've even had the cabin with the bunk beds).

I'd like to find a person (or persons because I'd completely room with and find two other random fun people and share a triple) and make new friends. I'm always on the look out for new travel buddies. Age, race, gender are not important. Being relaxed fun loving and wanting to experience much of what a place wants to offer is. I'm hoping to find free-spirited, laid back people, just nutty enough to be willin to do a caribbean cruise during hurricane season.

There are bonus points for being a foodie.

I want someone who shares the idea that this is our vacation; our chance to do the things that we don't get to do the other 352 days a year. Let's make the most of it!

If you think this might be fun, Drop me a line.
Shae


ShadowDancer894 August 17th, 2010 07:51 AM

Why must you tease me so?

Yes, I'm a card carrying graduate student, but no I cannot take that particular sailing with you. All of my travel must be completed between Oct 17 - Oct 23. I have one week off between clinical rotations. I'm supposed to use it for travel between clinical sites; I'd rather to use it for cruising. So whatever vacation I take needs to fall between those dates and be rather short. It just needs to be a mini getaway to destress from the educational madness. But I will absolutely remember to find you when I am ready to travel for a mega whopper of a 14 day+ get away.

Thank you for asking!
Shae

radiant316 August 17th, 2010 01:43 PM

Hi- I am a 24 SBF and I am currently a grad student working on my Masters (1 more year) I am looking to make new friends and get out there and see the world. I would be extremely interested in teaming up with you to go on a cruise in Oct. (I am in desperate need of a va-ca. You can email me at radiant316@hotmail.com if you are interested.

radiant316 August 17th, 2010 01:46 PM

I would be interested in this 14 day cruise. I have a lot of vacation time saved up at work and school is getting my behind. I have never been out of the country and I am just looking to expand my horizons.

TravelBum August 18th, 2010 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by radiant316 (Post 1310258)
I would be interested in this 14 day cruise. I have a lot of vacation time saved up at work and school is getting my behind. I have never been out of the country and I am just looking to expand my horizons.

I already paid for for the cruise. you just need to find air and lock it in. pm me your phone and I will call you to discuss in further detail. Please note this is a respectable cabin sharing arrangement and I am only interested finding a (thoughtful ((and)) considerate) person to share cabin cost.

thkq!

SAMI August 20th, 2010 12:30 AM

I am very interested. I dream of a vacation just like you described and looking for a companion just like you. I want to know you and let you know me. I love the way you expressed your self. What is your PHD about? What school?
I am professional male; love to travel and to explore the world. Like photography, trying to write 2 books (about travel and my live experience). Like martial art for fitness, self control and self defense (have first Dan black belt going for the second Dan), I hope that I will continue to live in peace and never need to use it, life is so precious and beautiful, there should be no place for violence. I believe that matters should be resolved with listening, understanding, respect, and peace. I love dancing, theater, sight-seeing and learning about other cultures.
I am available during your time frame; do you have a reservation or still looking?
Please drop me a line, I am eager to hear from you.

SAMI August 20th, 2010 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAMI (Post 1310859)
I am very interested. I dream of a vacation just like you described and looking for a companion just like you. I want to know you and let you know me. I love the way you expressed your self. What is your PHD about? What school?
I am professional male; love to travel and to explore the world. Like photography, trying to write 2 books (about travel and my live experience). Like martial art for fitness, self control and self defense (have first Dan black belt going for the second Dan), I hope that I will continue to live in peace and never need to use it, life is so precious and beautiful, there should be no place for violence. I believe that matters should be resolved with listening, understanding, respect, and peace. I love dancing, theater, sight-seeing and learning about other cultures.
I am available during your time frame; do you have a reservation or still looking?
Please drop me a line, I am eager to hear from you.

Hi Shae,
I am very interested. I dream of a vacation just like you described and looking for a companion just like you. I want to know you and let you know me. I love the way you expressed your self. What is your PHD about? What school?
I am professional male; love to travel and to explore the world. Like photography, trying to write 2 books (about travel and my live experience). Like martial art for fitness, self control and self defense (have first Dan black belt going for the second Dan), I hope that I will continue to live in peace and never need to use it, life is so precious and beautiful, there should be no place for violence. I believe that matters should be resolved with listening, understanding, respect, and peace. I love dancing, theater, sight-seeing and learning about other cultures.
I am available during your time frame; do you have a reservation or still looking?
Please drop me a line, I am eager to hear from you.
Sami

SAMI August 20th, 2010 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowDancer894 (Post 1310152)
Why must you tease me so?

Yes, I'm a card carrying graduate student, but no I cannot take that particular sailing with you. All of my travel must be completed between Oct 17 - Oct 23. I have one week off between clinical rotations. I'm supposed to use it for travel between clinical sites; I'd rather to use it for cruising. So whatever vacation I take needs to fall between those dates and be rather short. It just needs to be a mini getaway to destress from the educational madness. But I will absolutely remember to find you when I am ready to travel for a mega whopper of a 14 day+ get away.

Thank you for asking!
Shae

Hi Shae,
I am very interested. I dream of a vacation just like you described and looking for a companion just like you. I want to know you and let you know me. I love the way you expressed your self. What is your PHD about? What school?
I am professional male; love to travel and to explore the world. Like photography, trying to write 2 books (about travel and my live experience). Like martial art for fitness, self control and self defense (have first Dan black belt going for the second Dan), I hope that I will continue to live in peace and never need to use it, life is so precious and beautiful, there should be no place for violence. I believe that matters should be resolved with listening, understanding, respect, and peace. I love dancing, theater, sight-seeing and learning about other cultures.
I am available during your time frame; do you have a reservation or still looking?
Please drop me a line, I am eager to hear from you.
Sami

songs48 August 20th, 2010 05:20 PM

Hi Shae,

Please read the post that I wrote and let me know if you're interested.

Thanks. (its posted below)

http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/see...carribean.html


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1