Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Default 14days cruise frm Venice, Italy to NYC $39/day

14days transatlantic cruise w/ NCL Gem from Venice, Italy to NYC on Oct30th thru Nov13th. If you want additional info and itinerary, please visit NCL.com site. The ship will visit Cadiz & Malaga, Spain and Lison & Ponta Delgada, Portugal.

ABOUT TravelBum:

I once read that:

"Writing about ourselves can be misleading. People are not so objective when it comes to describing themselves.

For example:

Adventurous.................Sleeps with everyone.
Emotionally Secure.........On medication, high on pot, or alcohol abuse
Free Spirit.....................Pot friendly.
Open-minded.................Desperate.
Outgoing.......................Loud and embarrassing.
Wants soul mate............Stalker.
Independent Thinker . . . Crazy.
Assertive . . . . . . ....... .Pushy & uptight with a mean streak.
Excited About Life?s Journey . . . . .No concept of reality.
Poetic . . . . . . . ... . . . . Lazy.
Youthful . . . . . . . . . . . Over 50 and in major denial.
Friendly . . . . . . . . . . . Never shuts up.
Financially secure. ... . . Has a job."

I totally agree with above and hence I will leave the part "tell me about yourself" when we get to dine on the ship. Anyways, we all make our first critical judgement based on the lo.Ok. Since I am young and stupid, I shall admit to this behavior.

DISCLAIMER:

PLEASE note to ANY American that wants me as cruise mate/travel partner: THIS IS A RESPECTABLE CABIN SHARING ARRANGEMENT WITH NO EXPECTATIONS OTHER THAN CORDIAL COEXISTENCE. I do not care if you're fat, straight, gay, young, seasoned, divorced, single, but if you're rude and disrespectful, then I am not the person to share the cabin with. I am ONLY interested in sharing a cabin with thoughtful ((and)) considerate.
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2010, 10:36 PM
First Mate

Wish I could make the trip with ya. I love your "self-description".
Old August 19th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
Wish I could make the trip with ya. I love your "self-description".

Oh-uh, I love myself, too. But, I am not here to auction myself. In the movie Six Degrees of Separation put it best: "Every person is a new door to a different world." Wish Americans can be that interesting, but the fact is, they're boring people. They shackle themselves to an 8-to-6 corporate slave job til their health start to deteriorate, then they start to travel. lol.

Several years back, I was on a 22 days Panama Canal cruise and the average age for the passengers were 87 years old (really!). I never seen so mmmmmaaaannnyyy passengers in wheel-chairs & motor-carts with walking canes & oxygen tanks/masks. OMG, it was an unbelievable moment to see so many people with health problems. To make long story short, I had an amazing experience on that cruise! I learned so much from those kind and wise people. But, it's so sad to see so many Americans wait until their health in a compromise state, then they start to live their lives.

Are there ANY young interesting Americans out there that can take 14days cruise? NNNNOOOOOOTTT
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:15 PM
First Mate

You are quite the paradox. Good luck finding a rooming & have a wonderful 14 days. Hopefully you don't meet too many boring Americans on your trip to America.
Old August 19th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7x57 View Post
You are quite the paradox. Good luck finding a rooming & have a wonderful 14 days. Hopefully you don't meet too many boring Americans on your trip to America.
American people are fat, loud, and obnoxious ...it won't be hard to miss 'em :-D But, I will make sure to steer away from the Purser/Help Desk/Customer Service/Front desk -- this is one place where Americans like to hang out from morning to nite (beside the buffet lol)...I hear so mmmaaannny Americans whine, cry, and complain for free upgrades and freebies at the Front Desk.
Old August 21st, 2010, 06:29 PM
Familiar Face

r u booked on NCL Gem from Venice to NY? (I am)
Old August 21st, 2010, 06:45 PM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaborfrank View Post
r u booked on NCL Gem from Venice to NY? (I am)
yes, I am, sir.
Old August 25th, 2010, 10:27 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Skype™ to davidzik

Hi TravelBum,
I'm a dedicated Hedonist and perpetual traveler along the "Bargain Basement" route.
I cruised this ship from NYC to Venice earlier this year and would do it again if I could find a cheap flight from Sydney Australia. At the moment I looking for a cruisemate from Sydney to LA departing Oct 23.
Anyway would like to stay in touch.

Cheers from "Down Under"
Tony
Old August 25th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Banned
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidzik View Post
Hi TravelBum,
I'm a dedicated Hedonist and perpetual traveler along the "Bargain Basement" route.
I cruised this ship from NYC to Venice earlier this year and would do it again if I could find a cheap flight from Sydney Australia. At the moment I looking for a cruisemate from Sydney to LA departing Oct 23.
Anyway would like to stay in touch.

Cheers from "Down Under"
Tony
Dedicated Hedonist ??? WTF!?! You should know that pain is inevitable, but suffering is optional. If we only to seek good and pleasure in life, then we miss the very essence of our quest. For without the experience of pain and suffering, then we can't truly appreciate real love and compassion. Without the season of rain, we can't appreciate the beauty of the rainbow.

With all due respect, from what I read and understand, many rapists and child molesters are hedonist. If you want to be my future cabin mate, I'd suggest not share anymore detail. I am already feeling creepy.

btw, if I find a reasonable fare from Sydney Aussie to Venice, would you consider this cruise? Please let me know other nearby airports in Sydney,, so I can look into more closely for you.