Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Summer 2011 transaltantic

Hi everybody! I'm potentially looking for a cruisemate for a late June or early/mid July Southampton to NYC Queen Mary 2 cruise. I *might* be moving home after living in Europe and sending my luggage ahead of me and think a cruise might be the perfect way to end my time in Europe.

As I do not exactly know if I will be leaving my job yet, I'm just seeing if there's anybody who might be interested in sharing the cost of a cabin.

About me: I'm a female, and while I'm not in my 20s anymore but not yet over the hill either. I'm a non-smoker, and smoke bothers my lungs. I'm an early to bed (10 PM), early to rise type of person. I'm fairly quiet and reserved with an independent streak. I hate confrontation. I don't snore from what I know. While I'm not super messy, I'm definitely NOT the neatest person either. I enjoy the occasional glass of alcohol, but I'm definitely not a heavy drinker.

I most likely could not deal with a smoker or a heavy snorer, but otherwise I don't care about much as long as you are respectful and pay for your portion of the onboard tab as I will probably avoid trying to have much on my tab. Also, let me know ahead of time, if you want me to disappear from the cabin for a period of time, as long as it doesn't become a common place or interrupt with sleeping time. If you prefer to come in late at night, as long as you do it quietly, I don't care, and I'll be nice and quiet in the morning! If you want to do stuff together, great, if you want to do your own thing and only see each other at dinner/in the cabin, great! I don't care about a male/female either, as long as you know that we're just sharing the cabin, that's it!

I'd most likely book an inside cabin, though I'd be open to other possibilities. I usually go for early dinner, but once again I'm open.

So, my apologies that I can't be more definite right now, hopefully I will know within the next month or two, but if you are open to a potential transatlantic, do let me know!
Sponsored Links
Old January 8th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Welcome Newcomer

[QUOTE=anlily;1338942]Hi everybody! I'm potentially looking for a cruisemate for a late June or early/mid July Southampton to NYC Queen Mary 2 cruise. I *might* be moving home after living in Europe and sending my luggage ahead of me and think a cruise might be the perfect way to end my time in Europe.

I am contemplating the back to back QM2 transatlantic that departs NYC Aug 22nd arrives in Southampton UK on August 29th leaving the same day and returning to NYC on September 5th, 2011

I have travelled transatlantic back to back for a vacation on the old QE2 and have always travelled alone. Past passengers with Cunard usually get a price break but I don't know how it applies to shares.

I am male, 60 years old in May, non smoker and a tea totaller. Like you this is up in the air, so feel free to send me your two cents worth
Old January 20th, 2011, 01:43 AM
Familiar Face

Default Queen Mary July 20 Southampton- New York

Hi,
I'm also looking for a cabin mate from Southampton to NY, and am already booked for July 20, inside cabin, cheapest category (got a good deal from VacationsToGo), early dinner. In the past, I've often received an upgrade (2 years ago we were actually upgraded to a balcony cabin).
Some information about myself: I'm in my late fifties, and travel transatlantic with Cunard (I've also been on the "old" QE2) and sometimes freighters about every 2 years to visit my family in Germany.
I'm married and live in the Western United States. I don't smoke, love a glass of wine with dinner but not much more, and also dislike confrontation. Two years ago I shared a cabin with someone I didn't know before, and we got along very well. We did some things together that we both enjoyed, and otherwise each did our thing. Mine is playing Bridge. ;-)
We had about the same sleeping pattern, in bed by 11 or midnight at the latest, sometimes sleeping in, sometimes not. Both of us were very considerate of the other when one of us wanted to sleep earlier or longer, and never felt disturbed.
I had no complaints from her about snoring, so I don't think that would be a problem. As to the tab, that's no issue, because each passenger provides her/his credit card number to Cunard, and anything they consume is charged to that card.
My final payment for the cruise is due beginning of April, and until then, my travel agent tells me it's fairly easy to add someone that would share my cabin. If you're interested, let me know, my hotmail address is transreise@hotmail.com. I understand that you canít commit as yet, but would love to hear from you.
Sylvia