CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Female seeking travel companion. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/379525-female-seeking-travel-companion.html)

goodcompanion January 14th, 2011 01:47 PM

Female seeking travel companion.

Genuine single white female (straight) seeks similar aged between 45-65 as travel companion on cruise, hopefully to China, Thailand, maybe even Caribbean? Anytime 2011 (flexible).

Have travelled extensively (land base and cruises), however sadly now alone and needing to look at offsetting cost of single cabin etc - also, it would be nice to have someone to talk to and share things with.

I'm educated, have good sense of humour, like to experience new things. Non smoker, non drinker, not a party-goer (although enjoy fun and entertainment) and not a "man hunter!". Get up around 8am (ish) and like to go to bed when tired, which could be 10pm (if had busy day excursions & early start next day?) - midnight (or a little later after or show/dancing). Not a slob (keeping cabin tidy as you can do, in small spaces).

I enjoy sightseeing, scuba diving, swimming, culture, good food, good conversation, sunshine, learning new things, craft, driving. Prefer doing my own trips (ships usually too expensive!) when in dock and am good at organising own travelling around.

Anyone interested must be genuine, reliable, honest, non smoker and have good sense of humour. Must also agree to "no visitors" in cabin (if you get my drift!).

If interested please e mail me: kay.counsell@sky.com (thanks)

CoolJazz January 14th, 2011 03:08 PM

Hi GoodCompanian,
Would you be interested in a Mediterranean cruise with Celebrity in late May/early June?
See my post under seeking cruise companion,
Thanks!

wildbird1275 January 18th, 2011 05:30 PM

I am what you are looking for except of am a light smoker (but only in designated areas and am considerate). I am also retired, can travel when I wish, am independent, fun, straight, am not looking for romance - I have toured all over Europe with different roommates and have enjoyed each person and experience! I live in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. Email me at dhinzey@bellsouth.net. Ciao.

wildbird1275 January 21st, 2011 08:50 PM

I am your cruise companion - except I am a light smoker - but considerate (wouldn't think of smoking in cabin or in company of non-smokers! Check me out -or email me at dhinzey@bellsouth.net. I am 61 and also an adventurer who needs a cabinmate for cruising. I have toured all over Europe with a roommate assigned by tour company with no prolblems and many great memories!

Diane

ruthlessboss January 22nd, 2011 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildbird1275 (Post 1344910)
I am your cruise companion - except I am a light smoker - but considerate (wouldn't think of smoking in cabin or in company of non-smokers! Check me out -or email me at dhinzey@bellsouth.net. I am 61 and also an adventurer who needs a cabinmate for cruising. I have toured all over Europe with a roommate assigned by tour company with no prolblems and many great memories!

Diane

Re smoking. Some posters want non smokers, so they limit responses. I too smoke, but would not do it in a cabin with a non smoker. I wish some would realize we are considerate and do not need to smoke at all times.

Lynneb2013 February 8th, 2011 12:31 PM

I am a very young, single 62 year old, straight, professional woman looking for someone to share the cost. I have booked two 7 night back to back Celebrity cruises on the Summit out of San Juan, Puerto Rico to the Caribbean. The first cruise leaves on the 19th and the second leaves on the 26th. I have found someone for the first cruise and now I'm looking for someone for the second week, that starts on March 26th. I currently have a concierge class balcony room booked. It sails out of San Juan to St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Antigua, St. Lucia, and Barbados.

You can reach me directly at Lynneb2013@yahoo.com

Lynne

sheyba February 8th, 2011 11:44 PM

Hi Lynne....I am interested in leg two of your trip and I just sent you a reply to request for a cabinmate through your email via my email address sydmoal@comcast.net. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks Monica

Rabbit_Warren February 13th, 2011 10:53 PM

Hi there! I'm going on a 13 day cruise to Vancouver to Hawaii. It stayes in Hawaii for around 6 days before departing to America/ Canada. This is on the 'Royal Caribbean' line on the 'Rhapsody of the Seas' ship! If your interested feel free to email me at

jessica.warren@ag.gov.au

Cheers!

ruthlessboss February 14th, 2011 07:18 AM

Has anyone heard from the original poster? It was 1st and only post and it's been a month now.

gbrad February 15th, 2011 05:16 PM

ruthless, you seem as frustrated as myself with many of these posters, LOL!

I personally like to give the benefit of doubt, perhaps they are on a cruise and internet is spotty at best, and I certainly wouldn't concern myself w/ cruisemates.com.
But, I do see many that do not follow up or through, it can indeed be frustrating, a feeling like one is wasting their time.

So how is your cruisemate searching going? I was quite fortunate this year so far!

Hawaiian dreamer March 23rd, 2011 10:08 PM

Would you go to Hawaii from May 21-28 leaving from Honolulu?

Renegade July 20th, 2012 05:06 PM

Hi! I just joined this forum and am looking for a travel companion for November 2012 going to Carribean. Are you still looking for someone to travel with and have a good time?

PeggyD March 9th, 2013 08:18 PM

Hi,

Where are you based and are you interested in a world trip on Princess, out of Sydney Aus. May 2014?

PeggyD

cruisemaya June 18th, 2013 05:11 PM

I am SWF straight. looking just a roommate to share cost. I would like to do Northern Europe in July/august British Isles, Norwegian Fjords, Ireland Please let me know if you are interested I am 47 Thank you Maya
dancemaya@yahoo.com

urth March 25th, 2014 03:17 PM

Ports of Call

Arrival

Departure

1 New York, New York --- 4:00 p.m.
2 At Sea --- ---
3 At Sea --- ---
4 San Juan, Puerto Rico 3:00 p.m. 9:00 p.m.
5 Philipsburg, St. Maarten 8:00 a.m. 6:00 p.m.
6 Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S.V.I. 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.
7 Samana, Dominican Republic 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
8 At Sea --- ---
9 At Sea --- ---
10 New York, New York
need similar companion for the above trip leaves 4/5 from NY for $679 email urthling123@gamil.com if interested.