Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2011, 12:35 AM
Familiar Face

Send a message via ICQ to talenavi Send a message via Yahoo to talenavi Send a message via Skype™ to talenavi
Default Norwegian Epic Transatlantic May 7

Anyone might be interested in 11 days Norwegian Epic Transatlantic cruise on May 7th? Inside $449 plus at least $100 per cabin OBC
Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2011, 10:29 AM
Familiar Face

I might be interested! Contact me at dhinzey@bellsouth.net. Price now listed at $399.00 inside on vacationstogo.
Old January 21st, 2011, 01:57 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbird1275 View Post
I might be interested! Contact me at dhinzey@bellsouth.net. Price now listed at $399.00 inside on vacationstogo.
Are you sure? My VTG ad says it's gone up to $899.
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:37 PM
Familiar Face

Post Transatlantic may 7

Yes - check out vacations to go website - inside cabin listed at $399.00.
Old January 21st, 2011, 08:38 PM
Familiar Face

Unless it has gone up since i last looked!!!
Old January 22nd, 2011, 07:52 AM
Admiral

This morning it's back to $499. What a bargain!!! I'm so envious of anyone able to go. My job holds me back on this one.

Does anyone have a ballpark figure of airfare back here?
Old March 8th, 2011, 02:13 PM
Familiar Face

Have you found someone? I might be interested (but there would be a few things to reconfirm before I commit officially).

I have cruise friends on that cruise and I would like to surprise them.
Old March 8th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via ICQ to talenavi Send a message via Yahoo to talenavi Send a message via Skype™ to talenavi
Default Epic

I am still interested in 11- or 15-days Epic's Transatlantic, however, I hope the prices will be down in April.
Old March 8th, 2011, 08:50 PM
First Mate

I''m not interested in any T Atlantic, but if I was, do the cruise lines offer the best airfares for one-way flights for this?
Old March 9th, 2011, 01:43 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by talenavi View Post
I am still interested in 11- or 15-days Epic's Transatlantic, however, I hope the prices will be down in April.

I am OK with taking a chance and waiting for a price drop. IMHO, 549$ pp+tx would be a good deal (most of my cruises have cost me about 50$/day for an inside cabin or a little more for a balcony but I don't think a balcony is necessary on a TA Cruise).

I am only interested in the 11-night since I want to visit my friend in Marseille for a few days and be back for work on May 22nd. I also have cruise friends going on the 11-night TA and it would be nice to surprise them.

I have already confirmed one thing: my friend is available on those dates and this was essential. Things I still have to verify:
- I will talk to my boss on Monday to tell him about this vacation possibility and see if it's OK with him even if I confirm only a few weeks in advance (it should be OK since not too many people take their vacation in Spring here but we never know).
- Re-verify the airfare (Quebec to Miami and Marseille to Quebec) to see that the price didnít go up too much (this can only be done when we find a cruise price that we both are willing to pay).

A little about me:

My name is Julie, I am a 32 yo Canadian from Stoneham, near Quebec City. I do not smoke and I do not snore (unless I have a big cold or I am extremely tired but this shouldnít be a problem at this time of the year and on a cruise). I am in a long-term relationship but DBF doesnít like to cruise and especially not TAs since he tends to get seasick and he is an extremely active guy, he would get sick and bored with so many sea days.

I have done a few cruises. One solo B2B TA on the QM2 and all my other cruises have been with NCL (Silver Latitudes Member) but from reading your blog (which is very interesting by the way), I understand that you are of a higher level than I am. My favourite activities on a ship are playing bridge (I know, unusual for someone my age), trivia, art auctions, working out in the gym, eating and sleeping. I am not a party-animal by any mean, I go to bed somewhat early most nights but I might stay up later a few nights.

If we get along very well, we could have dinner or go to some activities together, but only if we both feel like it. Otherwise, Iím perfectly fine in doing my own things while you do yours.

I am respectful of others and I expect the same from my roommate, especially in the following aspects:
- Not leave our stuff everywhere in the room, try to keep it tidy (donít worry, I am not a neat freak either, I just donít want to trip over your stuff and you wonít trip over mine Ė I will bring an over-the-door shoe holder and you can use half of it for small items)
- Sharing the storage space equally
- Not bring any guest into the room
- Respect the sleeping of the other (being quiet when entering the room and I would prefer if we could agree on No TV while the other is sleeping at night Ė I had a bad experience about a roommate who would listen to TV very loud at 2am and fall asleep on it while I personally couldnít sleep)

Things that I would like to know about you:
- Do you smoke at all?
- Do you snore?
- What are your expectations about a roommate?
- Is there some High-level Latitudes perks that I could enjoy since I will be your roommate? (not that itís a big deal if you canít share anything, it would just be fun if I get a little extra).

I hope you like what you read and if not, please let me know because I would keep looking for a roommate. If you think we could be roommates, let me know too and Iíll keep checking for price drops so we can book

I hope we get to meet on the Epic

Julie
Old March 10th, 2011, 11:18 AM
Familiar Face

hi there.... i am interested in this crossing... are you looking for a cabin mate..or are you an agent?

thanks so much.... I live in florida...am single, non-smoker, happy type of traveler! :-)
Old March 10th, 2011, 06:12 PM
Familiar Face

Default Hi All

I'm interested too in sharing a cruise in May Transatlantic to pretty much anywhere in Europe as I'll be travelling all over once I get there. I can leave from anywhere too since I'll probably have to fly wherever the ship in leaving from. Florida would be best since I've found really cheap flights to Florida, also Galveston I've seen transatlantic ships leaving from in May and Im in Tx not too far away from it.

I'm a 39 yr old Male, don't smoke or drink much really. Don't ever snore. I'm an electronic music DJ and performer and that's what I'll be doing travelling around Europe as well. I live in Austin Tx.
Old March 17th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to emsone

I have time off from work and want to do a cruise on the EPIC. Live in Central Florida and can get the time off/flight back is no prob If anyone wants to share an inside cabin on the TA for the Epic, contact me.

Me = 48 year old white male, guess I am an active guy, like to say I can out work most 30 year olds and many 25 year olds. Been deployed twice to Iraq, but no PWS. Am a Diamond Member on RCL, but looking to jump ship lines. Wont be a messy room mate, noisy, don't smoke and only a drink once in a while to cut the edge. Oh, no druggies or smokers please, can deal without that on a vacation. College educated, professional, easy attitude, prefer not to be a clingy room mate type, do my own thing. Will respect your space and quiet time, and no late rebel rousing.

Bill
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:43 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I am intrested and would like to know more. Please send me an E-mail with some more information. My E-mail is Vulcan42@hotmail.com
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:35 PM
Familiar Face

I work for Continental Airlines and get the employee interline rates. Looking for a cabin mate that would be interested in RCL 13 nt transalantic cruise May 6 th. Starting price $399

Reed
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:42 PM
Familiar Face

That's...I'm looking for a travel mate for my Mom :-)
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:49 PM
Familiar Face

Would your mother cabin mate get airfare discount? This RCCL cruise could also interest me.

As you can read here, I am looking for a female roomate (sorry for males but I don't think my boyfriend would like me to share a cabin with another man).
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:30 PM
Familiar Face

Still looking to share a cabin on the Queen Mary 2, leaving New York City on May 17th, arriving England May 24th. jr1234554@yahoo.com.