CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   MarchInside-S.Caribbean-from Ft.Lau or San Juan (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/380122-marchinside-s-caribbean-ft-lau-san-juan.html)

ednotmilkman February 2nd, 2011 06:46 PM

MarchInside-S.Caribbean-from Ft.Lau or San Juan

hi funseekers,

I (50yr young man) have been looking for a month to join someone cruising that includes a stop on the island of Grenada. Came close, but no perfect match yet so I'll post what I'm looking for. Unlike some here, I will not book a room alone and then go by myself if no one joins me. Check out my profile for more about me and whether I'd be compatable with you. I can give you reference from 1 woman and 2 men from cruisemates that I've cruised with. Send me a private message and I'll even give you my facebook page. Love to be facebook friends even if we don't cruise together !

I'd like to find a friendly, single lady or another guy (who likes to met and be nice to the ladies too) of any age over ........ let's say............... 30, to take off for 7 to 14 days on a cruise between Feb 20 and middle April. I'd expect you to chat with me by computer and / or a few phone calls so we can decide for sure about this before we book cabins or airfare. I'd rather try to make a friend while still at home then we won't be so edgy on the ship I hope. Don't worry, I can be very quiet after initial greetings if you don't wanna talk, but then it wouldn't be much better than going alone except for the money saved.

I am happy with inside cabins, although if you really want to, I have no problem paying my share for outside or even balcony if the upgrade is not too steep in price.

I didn't work today so I've been looking at VacationTo Go and here are the best bets for 7-14 days, excluding any ship that costs over $1500 for an inside cabin. All sail from either Ft. Lauderdale or San Juan, Puerto Rico.

7 night
Caribean Princess-San Juan - 2 different itineraries alternating weeks for 14 day cruise
Celebrity Summit-San Juan - also 2 diff. itineraries for possible 14 day cruise

10 night
Star Princess or Emerald Princess- Ft. Lauderdale- (same itinerary, different weeks)

11 night
Celebrity Millenium- San Juan

14 night
Grand Princess - Ft. Lauderdale
Celebrity Constellation - Ft. Lauderdale

Look forward to your thoughts and have a blesses evening !
Psalms 27:1

ednotmilkman February 6th, 2011 03:46 PM

Hi again,

I'm just posting to keep my thread on page 1. Still searching although 1 person is considering. Here is the link to the VTG search with the criteria I used:

Feb 20-April 15 2011
Must visit island of Grenada
7 -14 night length of cruise
Price for cheapest cabin < $1500 (would consider balcony for a bit more $$, if you really want one) ( I am fine with inside)
Would ask you to pay your fair share however we decide to do it.

I may end up going solo for one of the 10 night Princess cruises from Ft. Lauderdale but will consider a non-cruise vacation before doing that.

ednotmilkman February 6th, 2011 05:33 PM

OOPS ! ! Forgot how to insert the link to VacationsToGo correctly - let me try again :

Discount Cruises, Last-Minute Cruises, Short Notice Cruises - Vacations To Go

It is ranked by price, but you can click on another heading to rank by length of cruise, date and a few other ways.

ednotmilkman February 16th, 2011 11:51 PM

One more post here, since all the ships leave at the end of April. I'll still consider going with someone through April if you contact me 3 weeks ahead.

movingon February 20th, 2011 11:50 PM

Edwin, I am a 69yo SWM non-drink, non-smoke and non-snore. I use to do all the above to excess, decided to stop and extend living which I enjoy much. I started cruising in July 2009, have now completed 11. Interested in a Caribbean East or South, have done West. Inside cabin is good, ocean view nice if not big price adder. Have traveled with 3 different guys I met on CruiseMates, several times each; can provide reference if wanted. I would prefer a cruise longer than 7 if you can do. I live in LA area and flying to East coast barely worth it for 7 day. Contact me at mssbsconsultant@att.net if want to discuss further. Thanks, Dick

ednotmilkman February 21st, 2011 11:15 AM

Hey Dick,

That was my granddad's name. Would it be as good for you to fly to San Juan than to FLL ? I may snore a little, but drink only when thirsty unless required to be polite.

I've just gotten one other private request to share, plus one private message from last week, so maybe this will work now.

Edwin