Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 8th, 2011, 03:46 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Long Term Cruise Hopping- Need Roommate

I am a 26 year old female who is beginning a Doctorate in Business Administration. Since it is an online program I have a lot of freedom as to what to do with my spare time and where to spend it. I have been thinking a lot about finding inexpensive cruises and hopping from one to another all over the world. For example, starting in Florida one month, ending in Spain, playing in Spain for a week or two, then hopping onto a cruise leaving from somewhere near Spain to go to a new destination for a while. This would work great as a solo mission if it were not for double occupancy expectancies on cruise ships. Financially this will only work if I have a cabin mate.
I have a bachelors in Philosophy and a Masters in Social Work. I work as a psychotherapist. I like rock climbing, hiking, yoga, and traveling. I am smart, pretty, funny, and a pretty good (easy going) traveling partner.
I am looking for someone who is not a crazy partier, who doesn't need me to be with them all of the time, and who is open to occasionally getting a meal, drink, or wandering around ports together. I need someone respectful of boundaries, kind, and who is non judgmental.
I like the idea of 1 to 2 cruises a month between 7 and 14 days each. I am open to traveling anywhere, but I definitely prefer places where I can wear dresses and shorts (and see the beach).
If this sounds like something you might be interested in, drop me a line telling me about yourself and where you would like to go, and how you would see this working.
Thanks,
Crystal
P.S. I would like to start my cruise hopping adventure around August 2011, and have no set time for when it needs to end.
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2011, 04:12 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Crystal,

If you want to consider starting your travel plans next month, I have a 7 night Caribbean cruise out of San Juan for cheap. I have an 8th deck balcony cabin on Celebrity Summit. Islands are St. Croix, St Kitts, Grenada, Dominica and Tobago. You can do your own thing and I will do mine. Interests in common I'm happy to do together, no worries.
I only have my B.S. in Business Administration, but hope you wouldn't hold it against me. If you have any interest and are cool with going with a SWM with a zest for fun in the sun and water, then I'm your travel companion for the week. This is a no strings attached, financial arrangement. Feel free to contact me at adamjot38@gmail.com. Happy to share Facebook stuff so we can learn a bit more about one another as well as a phone call or two.
Enjoy your day and best of luck!
Adam
Old February 12th, 2011, 06:14 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I have to tell ya Crystal, as crazy as this may sound, I signed up on this site merely to reply to your post (literally); I found your username to be nothing shy of intriguing, (I was like a moth headin' toward the flame), and I was compelled to touch base with you on that fact alone. No matter what happens...I just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed reading your post (A LOT); I love intellect and sadly, I just don't get enough of it so your post was nothing shy of refreshing.

Now that that's out of the way, let me try to give you an abridged version, (NOT an easy thing for me), of my "plans".
I've been thinking more and more about crossing the pond but my passport still remains stampless. I have nothing set in stone but when my research led me to this site I started thinking that this could be a viable option (I've been looking into reposititioning cruises for the most part). It sounds like you and I might actually be looking for some of the same things.

At the risk of babbling, I'll just send ya this and we can take it from there. If any concrete travel plans were ever to come out of this, it's going to take a whole lot more than a posting or two. So on that note, I really hope you get back to me...something tells me that this could actually be a win/win.

Drop me a line Crystal, (steve_barszcz@yahoo.com), I'd love to hear from you. Sincerely, Steve
Old February 12th, 2011, 03:37 PM
Familiar Face

Hi crystal,
I also into e-biz, and enjoying my freedom,
I sent you IM
Old February 13th, 2011, 10:51 PM
Familiar Face

Hi there! I'm going on a 13 day cruise to Vancouver to Hawaii. It stayes in Hawaii for around 6 days before departing to America/ Canada. This is on the 'Royal Caribbean' line on the 'Rhapsody of the Seas' ship! If your interested feel free to email me at

jessica.warren@ag.gov.au

Cheers!
Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:13 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hey!

I really want to do this 18 night cruise on the Celebrity Century, Honolulu to Sydney, Australia. It'd get me home just in time for a friends wedding. It leaves November 11, 2011 arriving Nov 30. Twin share inside is about $2200, quad share is about $1600 if we can find more people I just want to meet some cool travellers, see all those beautiful places in the Pacific and basically have a looooong weekend of lying around, swimming, dancing, dining, and more lying around.

I'm a 25 year old journalist from Sydney, living in Canada at the moment.

Let me know if you're keen!

Jen
Old March 23rd, 2011, 09:38 AM
Familiar Face

Hi, look at my post for the Panama canal - are you interested? Your cost would be about 1000, plus about 400 for taxes & booking fee.( Maybe HAL is a little staid for someone your age).
I"m wwf, 66, not a partier, but love to swim, dance, read. Marg
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Familiar Face

Hello! Might you be interested in a Barcelone to London cruise aboard the Eurodam, sailing on May 12th? Cost is $1,099.00 PP for an outside cabin. About me...I am 58 yrs. young, a swf (straight), have a MA degree from NYU, have traveled extensively, and am respectful of others, and generally fun to be around. My interests include classical music, and the arts in general. i'm originally from NYC, and now live in Miami. Please email me, if you're interested. regards,
Renee reneerotta@aol.com