Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Seeking good cabin mate for grand voyages

Hello-I'm a young 70 year old SWF who would like to find another(straight) female to share cabin and avoid those high cost single supplements.

I have traveled quite a bit-several cruises, solo, group travel, camping, adventure travel, ect. Am non smoker, moderate social drinker, quiet, but enjoy fun and good conversation. Enjoy just getting out and exploring new places, especially walking. Could do things together or seperately or some of each, whatever-I'm quite flexible and up for adventure.

Not too much interested in Caribbean cruises or huge megaships-been there done that. I would like to find a cruise mate for some longer cruises, such as those offered by "Discovery"- a smaller (600 passenger) ship, which I've sailed on previously- a great ship which goes to ports all over the world-
Here's a link for this summers cruises:Voyages of Discovery US | Smaller ship cruise vacations to lesser known ports

If interested, e-mail me at snoworchid2002@yahoo.com or post
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2011, 12:40 AM
First Mate

Hi Bluebell,

I'm not the perfect cabinmate for you since I fail the sex test, but I enjoyed reading your post and looked at the VoD website since I have not considered this ship before. You sound adventurous like my widowed aunts used to be when I was a kid, although they were too busy with life on land to take a long cruise. I think one of them took an Alaska cruise back in the late 70's or early 80's but not sure what roommate she had. I've enjoyed traveling with more experienced people on Sierra Club trips, disaster relief mission trips - after Katrina and Ivan , and even some long bicycle tours.

Good Luck with your search
I'm having little to no luck with mine

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Old February 14th, 2011, 04:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Ed-
thanks for responding-How old are you? Ha Ha-not really looking for romance-but you sound like my type! I have done some adventurous travel with small tour groups to Russia, China, Africa, Europe, solo to So America as well as 3 solo camping trips across the USA, most recent one from Fla. to Olympic N.P. in Wash.at age 68.
Have done 1 week Carribean with Celebrity & Carnival, 2 week Med. with Royal Carib.
The Discovery cruise was the best-42 days from Barbados,down coast of S. America, up the Amazon, then to Rio, Falkland Is. and Antarctica-incl 2nts Hilton Hotel in Buenos Aires and air included-for $5500-this was in 2006. They still have some good deals though. The Discovery is a refurbished 1970's era luxury cruise ship with all the amenities, just on a smaller scale-very good entertainment too.