Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2011, 10:05 AM
Familiar Face

I love this thread, great info for all!!!! I'm a 28 swf looking for a cabinmate for next year and am using some of the questions everyone has posted here... GREAT HELP!
Old March 3rd, 2011, 12:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Yahoo to funinvalleyofsun

Being a single female in my 30s. The best advice I can give, is get to know each other before you sail a little bit, this gives you some insight into their character. Also set some ground rules do;s don'ts likes, dislikes. Any decent guy is open to this. I hope this helps.
Old March 17th, 2011, 10:52 PM
Familiar Face

I think I have emailed you recently. Here is my answer to your question. I have shared previous cruises with compatible ladies, none of which I met in person. Actually met when signing in to the cruise. All worked out smoothly. Personal privacy is important and can be arranged easily. If you have any questions or comments, please reply to billsimon2@juno.com
Old March 17th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

i totally agree.. we are going on cruises to have fun not increase the stress level.. just my 2cents worth
lynn
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Familiar Face

I often get deals where I can bring a "guest" for little or no money. In the past few years, I have had 5 female roomies on cruises. One was a disaster, 2 were great, 2 were fine, and only one resulted in sex. I am still in regular contact with 3 of my former roomies, and would gladly cruise with them again. The one became a 5 year off and on thing, and we cruised as a couple several times (off and on, because long-distance relationships are just tough).

The biggest thing for me is to be upfront and honest. I am not looking for a hookup, especially, and I let my prospective roomies know that. On the other hand, I am a guy, and not bloody likely to turn down an offer. Four times I had the beds seperated. One time they got pushed back. Steward didn't bat an eye. One time my roomie told the steward to leave them together, as we were both grown-ups and knew how to stay on our side. So, we did.

I try my best to be upfront about my expectations, as far as dining together, etc. As long as they are equally honest (and mostly they have been) there are no problems. I smoke. I let people know that up front. I really want someone at the dinner table with me, but I don't necessarily want to do EVERYTHING together. I let them know that. I usually spend the couple weeks before sailing with a stranger exchanging lot's of emails, getting to know them as well as I can, and letting them get to know me.

The biggest problem I have run into is being "neat". The one disaster was mostly because the lady was a slob. I had one other that was less than tidy, but she had other redeeming qualities, and responded when I pointed it out, so that was okay. But, let's face it: when you are sharing 150-200 square feet with another person you have to be conscious of clutter. I, personally, am a LOT better about picking up my stuff and stowing it on a cruise ship than I am at home.

As far as what to tell other people on the ship, I usually go with the truth, and have fun with it. I love it when people at the table ask us how long we've known each other, and I can say "Since Saturday morning. At the Airport". ;-)

Bottom line, I have had, overall, a real good experience sharing cabins with ladies I didn't know. I will continue to do it.
Old March 19th, 2011, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Nice post. Hope you find someone.
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:43 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobegal View Post
As a Senior Female I notice lately more guys looking for cruisemates. Would love to hear from anyone who has cruised with opposite sex not known before cruise.. Good,bad, caveats. What would you do differently next time? zoncom35@yahoo.com Thanks.
5/5 Not sure, but may have written to you before. I have been on 12 cruises, shared four with compatible ladies, one from England. Met all four when boarding the ship. Previous phone calls and many emails. All worked out fine. I have booked a 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise, 10/8/2011, on NCL Sun. cruise cost - $500 per person. Itinerary- Leave Cape Canaveral, Nassau, San Juan, St Thomas, NCL private island

Divorced 79 year young Fla senior. If interested, please reply.
Cruisinbill