Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2011, 11:54 PM
First Mate

Smile Consider joining me-next winter Caribbean 7-10d bargain

I've just gotten a brochure from Star Clipper for next season's Caribbean and Central America cruises. They have 3 ships that have been called a cross between the old Windjammer and upscale Windstar sail assist ships. This looks like a great way to cruise if you enjoy a smaller ship, (170 or 227 passengers) a less hectic night life and less formal attire.

They sold out almost all of their cruises this season so there were no VTG bargains and only a few departures offered on VTG, but they still have good deals if we book directly before May 31.

I'd like to try a Dec 3, 7 day, departure from Barbados on Royal Clipper for $988 pp + $215 port charges, or

Nov 26 or Dec 3, 7 day, departure from St. Maarten on the Star Clipper, for $988 pp + $215 port charges, or

many dates Nov20 - Jan 29, departure from Puerto Caldero, Costa Rica
on the Star Flyer, for $1200-1285 pp + $215 port charges.

Also there is a super looking deal on VTG on MSC Poesia from Ft. Lauderdale for a 10 night cruise departing Dec 6 for only $700 pp and it appears you get a free upgrade to balcony for early booking. I'm sure the offer will not last long.

I went this Dec on Poesia for a 7 night cruise and the food was the best part of the trip other than the fact that we had a balcony for only (actually I forget exactly) ..........about the same as this Dec 2011 offer for 10 nights.

Anyway, if you are a regular here, you've seen me post before. If you are new, read some of my other posts to find out more about me. Then if you're interested, send me a note and I look forward to planning a trip with one, or even two cabins of you cruisematies.

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Nov2014-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@Jacksville
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2011, 04:23 PM
First Mate

Unhappy MSC intro balcony upgrade

The free upgrade promo for a balcony for an inside rate of $699.....

sad to say.......... is all sold out on MSC Poesia, when I called this afternoon.

I told the VTG agent to reserve me a cabin but when she returned she said all they had left of that offer was a balcony on a higher deck for $999 pp. Still a great bargain for a 10 night balcony, but I thought I'd better wait till a potential cabinmate gave me an OK on it. Deposit is only $100 until full payment is required in Sept. Holler at me quick if you want to try this deal. I'll give you my phone if you wanna call me after sending me an e-mail or private message.

Edwin