Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2011, 03:42 AM
Familiar Face

Smile Female cabinmate needed 4 cruise out of San Juan 3/20/11 or 4/10/11, 7 days

Hi there, I was really close to cruising next week, unfortunately my future cabinmate and I were not able to go through with our plans due to specific dates and airfare and the cabin rates rose to high, so I am trying again.

I am really interested in the Carribean Cruise out of San Juan PR as friends of mines just returned this past weekend and had a wonderful time, I was scheduled to join them but could not find someone to accompany me on the trip at the last minute.

About me....I am a 46 yr old married mom of one 7 yr old daughter. My husband's job does not allow him to travel without bidding a year in advance; most of my friends don't have funds or vacation time to take off. I am a non smoker, non drinker and have no drug use. I am not a partier, but not a party pooper. I am loads of fun and adventurous. I am flexible, with a good sense of humor and I am not an early bird but don't mind someone who is...I am big on mutual respect of personal space of others and the respect the same in advance. I keep my personal space clean and tidy and hope that my future cabinmate does the same. I don't do the visitors in the cabin, as the cabin is too small for visitors. I enjoy shows and other onboard activities. Most of all I enjoy meeting all types of people and am open to all cultures and beliefs and appreciate alone time to also allow both that special moment to sit back, relax and enjoy a great book, go to the spa, dancing etc.

I am looking to meet a female (sorry guys) travel companion who enjoys an adventure and has similar interest and a easy personality. I am only looking to avoid the supplement, nothing more. I am fine venturing together or solo due to separate interest. I love....... bargain/barter shopping and sightseeing...my goal is to avoid the single surcharge which will benefit both of us.

I have selected a few itineraries below that are a great value but am open to others as long as the prices are right. I am not interested in balconies or suites as I am only in the room to sleep and get dressed for the next activity on the ship or port, so the budget contious traveler is perfect for me.

March 20-27, 2011Princess Cruise Ship: Carribean Princess
$299 (inside) $499 (ocean) + tax
San Juan, Puerto Rico - St. Thomas, Virgin Islands - Tortola, British Virgin Islands - Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda - Castries, Saint Lucia - Barbados, Barbados - At Sea - San Juan, Puerto Rico
or
March 20-27, 2011Carnival [/B]Ship: Carnival Victory
$349 (inside) $499 (ocean) + tax
San Juan, Puerto Rico - St. Thomas, Virgin Islands - At Sea - Bridgetown, Barbados - Castries, Saint Lucia - Basseterre, St Kitts, Saint Kitts and Nevis -St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles - San Juan, Puerto Rico
or
April 10-17, 2011Carnival [/B]Ship: Carnival Victory
$369 (inside) $499 (ocean) + tax
San Juan, Puerto Rico - St. Thomas, Virgin Islands - At Sea - Bridgetown, Barbados - Castries, Saint Lucia - Basseterre, St Kitts, Saint Kitts and Nevis -St. Maarten, Netherlands Antilles - San Juan, Puerto Rico

If you are interested, please email me immediately as the prices will go up as the departure date approaches to both my personal email sydmoal@comcast.net and work email as I have a blackberry monica.wilson-pough@cdph.ca.gov
thanks Monica
Sponsored Links
Old March 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Familiar Face

airfare is a killer from california even though I would love to do one of those itineraries
Old March 11th, 2011, 12:46 AM
Familiar Face

It actually isn't that bad, you would need to get to Florida, spiritair.com flys to SJ and the prices are reasonably low less then $200 so that makes it affordable. I live in Sac, CA, so I have already priced it out. Let me know if you want to discuss creative ways to get there.

Take care....Monica
Old March 11th, 2011, 01:52 PM
Familiar Face

oh I see maybe get to fll day before? then sju??? I'll check it out.
Old March 12th, 2011, 01:31 AM
Familiar Face

Thats exactly what I was going to consider, either arrive the day before or take a red eye from SFO to FLL and then connect from there on Spiritair.

Please email me if you would like to discuss options further.
sydmoal@comcast.net and monica.wilson-pough@cdph.ca.gov
Thanks
Monica
Old March 14th, 2011, 07:38 PM
Familiar Face

Monica,

Are you at all interested in a Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse 3-26? It is eastern carrib with some pretty cool ports.

The price is really great 549 inside and not much more for ocean view. I can put on hold tomorrow I think for 24 hrs before payment is due.

email or pm if interested,
Laura
lspyrka@aol.com
Old March 18th, 2011, 04:41 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura7811 View Post
Monica,

Are you at all interested in a Celebrity cruise on the Eclipse 3-26? It is eastern carrib with some pretty cool ports.

The price is really great 549 inside and not much more for ocean view. I can put on hold tomorrow I think for 24 hrs before payment is due.

email or pm if interested,
Laura
lspyrka@aol.com
Laura, I forgot to check my email on this site, I apologize....I am open to go and where the cost is reasonable...I found a few options:

Holland America, ship: ms Nieuw Amsterdam $499+ tax 3/27-4/3
Celebrity, ship: Celebrity Solstice $687 incl tax, 3/27-4/3
Princess Cruises, ship: Crown Princess $506.45 incl tax, 3/26-4/2
Holland America, ship: ms Nieuw Amsterdam $530.22 incl tax 3/27-4/3

If any of those sound good, please email me at both sydmoal@comcast.net and monica.wilson-pough@cdph.ca.gov.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Monica
Old March 18th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Familiar Face

Darn I should of mailed you directly. I just wanted a cruise so bas I talked my hubby into doing a short cruise(he doesnt like to take long weeks off) And had to book it last wed because it was a special.

But I am always up for cruise so I'll save your email in my address book, i that is okay with you.

But hey, maybe you want to join us! we booked on Century 3/28 this price is on special again for next week and even less(of course) than I booked for.

Happy Cruising
Laura