Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2011, 03:54 PM
First Mate

Default Farewell cruise out of Mobile

With the news that Carnival is leaving Mobile in November, anybody want to join me for a farewell cruise ? I only live 2 1/2 hours drive away and would like to try 1 or 2 cruises before Elation leaves. Best prices right now are for Sept and Oct of less than $300 pp for 5 night cruise. Any other time would be OK with me if I can work my schedule for it. Goes to Cozumel and every week alternates port #2 between Progresso and Calica. I'm expecting the prices to go up as more people find out the ship will be leaving (for New Orleans they say).

I'm inviting "anybody" to consider it with me as long as you are over 35 and can enjoy yourself and like meeting other people at dinner etc., without getting too carried away. I've posted more info in the past so check my older posts, or just ask me again here in public or by pm.

Jun2009-Alaska - Celebrity Mercury@ Vancouver
Dec2009-Mex&C.A.-NCL Spirit @ NOLA
Mar2010-Aru&Cura-HA WesterdamDam @ Ft. Lau
Dec2010-Caribb- MSC Poesia @ Ft. Lau
Dec2011-S. Caribb- Emerald Princess@Ft Lau
Apr2012-Bahamas- CCL Fascination@ Jacksville
Jan2013-E Caribbean- RC Brilliance @ San Juan,PR
ApMay'13-VolgaRiver-MS Chaikovsky-Rostov to Moscow
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:12 PM
First Mate

Still hoping to find a cabinmate from late August till the last call on Oct.15. 5 nights or last two departures for 7 nights. I'd pick oceanview but have no problems with inside or balcony if you prefer either.
Old July 15th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default last cruise

i am retired,sixties,and would like to talk to you about the final cruise out of mobile.i have friends on the ship,but i do not have a cabinmate.if you are interested please call at 334-649-1515.hope to hear from you soon.
Old July 17th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Welcome Newcomer

i'm interested in the final cruise oct 15th. i was on the final cruise of the carnival
holiday ported in mobile when it was sold to ibero. that nov 09 5 night cruise was only $255 including taxes for my solo porthole cabin. i'm surprised prices aren't lower for the final cruises.
btw carnival didn't do anything special on the final holiday cruise. not one banner hung, or a glass of champagne, funship freddy walking around,something extra during past guest apprieciation, nothing. and sometimes things went goofy in the buffet and mdr because the crew was packing away too many cooking and eating utensils. i don't know how many extra days worth of food they are required to carry but it was obvious they had run out of the popular buffet items halfway through the cruise and filling the buffet trays with whatever they had.
Old July 17th, 2011, 10:23 PM
First Mate

hi bj and alois,

I tried calling BJ's phone # but he must be out for the weekend.

I'd actually rather do one of the 5 night cruises in Sept, and could go as early as Aug 22, but will work it out to go whenever I can get a good cabinmate.

Are you specifically wanted to go on one of the last two, 7 day cruises, ALois ? I'll post here again after I hear from BJ. Either of you can send me a private message if you'd prefer.

Edwin
Old July 30th, 2011, 10:30 PM
First Mate

I chatted with BJNeal on the phone last weekend. He wants to go either Oct 8 or Oct 15 for one of the 7 night cruises. I told him I'd prefer going on one of the 5 night cruises earlier, but would probably go with him anyway unless I luck out to find another cabinmate.

I don't think BJ checks the site as much as I do, so thought I'd repost this to get it back to page one for a bit. He sounds like a fun gentleman to go with. I'm probably a bit quieter than he. He has won dance contests, while I just try to dance a little!

So if one of you cruisemate fans is still interested, there are your two choices - or you could book back-to-back and go Oct 3 with me on a 5 nighter, then go around again to different ports with BJ on the next 7 nights. If you are female, we'd be on our best gentlemanly behavior. If you are just another guy, we'd have better luck with double dinner dates than trying to be the Lone Ranger.

Edwin
Old August 21st, 2011, 08:36 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Many Times Mobile

I have sailed many times from Mobile with my wife, family, and friends at different times dating back to when the Holiday ship was there. Sad to see Carnival leave the port, too. My wife works and I am retired. I would love to cut the costs by sharing a cabin. I am available for which every cruise you want to pick and I don't care where it goes. I live in Little Rock, AR, 65 yr old white male who loves to cruise and be at sea. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

Paul
Old August 21st, 2011, 10:47 PM
First Mate

hello Paul,

At this time I'd say it's up to you whether you want to go with me Sept 11 for 5 nights, or go Oct 8 or 15 with BJNeal . You can use the phone number he left on his post to call BJ. Or let me know if you'd rather go with me and I'll respond by e-mail or phone. BJ is also retired while I'm sorta semi-retired but working 2 part time jobs and my opening for Mobile is either Sept 10 or 15.

I may go solo on this one anyway, but a nice lady or one of you fine gentlemen would be great to go with.

Edwin