Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:33 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default I'm ready to travel. Who needs a roommate?

After 12 years of working in the music industry Im selling my business on April 1st and planning to take a mini-retirement for a year or two. Id like to do as much traveling as possible during that time. All of my friends still have jobs that they have to go to most days so I need to find other single travelers that would prefer not to pay the single occupancy rate and wouldnt mind sharing a room with me. Im up for any destination or duration. The longer trips (one week to one month) would probably be the most appealing to me. Id prefer someone that would like to hang out at least some of the time, but if youd rather just split costs and go our separate ways I can deal with that as well. Im not looking for a love connection here, just good company. So I dont care about your age, gender, sexual persuasion, or color. As long as you are fun and respectful we will get along. If you are interested then please dont hesitate to get in touch with information about yourself and your intended trip. I look forward to your response(s)

-ABOUT ME-

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Interests/Hobbies: Photography, Music, Art/Graphic Design, Food/Dining/Cooking, Technology, Motorcycles, Gambling, Investing, and Travel of course

Non-Smoker

Social Drinker
Sponsored Links
Old March 20th, 2011, 08:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Europe

Hello Mr. CD: Please check out my posting on Cruisemates titled "Transatlantic in the Fall from Rome.(PeterFLA) I have a specific cruise in mind, but I am open to other ideas. I have been traveling quite a bit over the last two years. I am also looking for someone to get together with me for a trip to San Francisco in June. It sounds like we have similar interests. Give me a call when you get a chance and we can talk about it. Thanks, Peter 727-545-3416
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:34 PM
Familiar Face

Hi MrCD and anyone else who can give me insight into this same type of plan.

I'm doing the same thing starting in November - for at least the next 2 or 3 years. Currently live in upstate NY but thinking of getting a storage locker between Miami and Ft Lauderdale and using those two ports as my home bases. I'm using $2400 as a way high estimate for just the cruises (if i don't have to do single occupancy). Hoping to stick to 10 to 14 day cruises under $500 or $600 per person. (inside cabins)

Cruise (includes food, utilities, gym, non-alcoholic beverages - $2400
Storage Locker - $100
Air Fare (if needed) - $350
Taxi/Trans/Car Rental between FL ports - $200
Miscellaneous (Cell Phone/Laptop unlimited plan $150, Hotels - $200, Misc Food/Drink - $150, Laundry $30, Other $110) - Total $500
Medical (Look into further) or pick up cruise insurance - $200

Grand Total - $3750

Am i forgetting anything ? I'd like to lower it about $1,000 or more if i can.
Old March 21st, 2011, 12:36 PM
Familiar Face

p.s. These are my 'monthly' budget number guesstimates
Old March 21st, 2011, 07:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks for the response. I'll definitely be in touch soon.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 10:27 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Paula

You need to start your own new thread. This is buried in someone elses and will not be seen by many. Interesting idea. Have you cruised alot? You are coming to the right place for the best cruises/prices. Downside is cost of living down here is high.Takes awhile to learn the ropes down here;very international vibe,different. A pairo f affordable hostels here on Beach. Clay & other is Miami Beach Hostel-I think. Get on the sales lists of various lines. Princess sends me good pricing both Email and snail mail.They go out of FLL. But to me hardest part finding CruiseMate. Bon Chance.
Old March 23rd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Kathy,
I tried to write you a private message to reply but it said your inbox was filled to capacity and that you needed to delete some. Let me know when you do and I'll send the message to you. p.s. Thanks for the info on the hostels.
Old March 25th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Familiar Face

Hi! My lifetime best friend lives in Whitehouse, TN and my brother married a girl from Nashville so I thought I'd contact you about a potential cruise in April. I have to get a vacation before I go crazy and before May 8th do to work schedules! I consider myself fun and easy going...especially on vacation!! Last year I went solo. I had fun and talked to everyone but thought I might try the roommate theme to nex the third wheel experience. I just started looking for a last minute (great price) cruise. If you are interested in looking or email meeting drop me a note at marciafinley@yahoo.com.
Old March 25th, 2011, 07:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Paula?

Think they unjammed my PM file. My email is zoncom3@yahoo.com.
Old March 26th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivergirls View Post
Hi! My lifetime best friend lives in Whitehouse, TN and my brother married a girl from Nashville so I thought I'd contact you about a potential cruise in April. I have to get a vacation before I go crazy and before May 8th do to work schedules! I consider myself fun and easy going...especially on vacation!! Last year I went solo. I had fun and talked to everyone but thought I might try the roommate theme to nex the third wheel experience. I just started looking for a last minute (great price) cruise. If you are interested in looking or email meeting drop me a note at marciafinley@yahoo.com.
While I'd love to go anywhere, it might be difficult to come up with a solid travel plan on such a short timeline. I'm afraid I'll have too many obligations during April to get away for any length of time. If you end up doing something a little later on in the summerI'd love to discuss it with you. Either way, good luck and have a great time.
Old March 29th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCD View Post
After 12 years of working in the music industry I’m selling my business on April 1st and planning to take a mini-retirement for a year or two. I’d like to do as much traveling as possible during that time. All of my friends still have jobs that they have to go to most days so I need to find other single travelers that would prefer not to pay the single occupancy rate and wouldn’t mind sharing a room with me. I’m up for any destination or duration. The longer trips (one week to one month) would probably be the most appealing to me. I’d prefer someone that would like to hang out at least some of the time, but if you’d rather just split costs and go our separate ways I can deal with that as well. I’m not looking for a love connection here, just good company. So I don’t care about your age, gender, sexual persuasion, or color. As long as you are fun and respectful we will get along. If you are interested then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with information about yourself and your intended trip. I look forward to your response(s)

-ABOUT ME-

Interests/Hobbies: Photography, Music, Art/Graphic Design, Food/Dining/Cooking, Technology, Motorcycles, Gambling, Investing, and Travel of course

Non-Smoker

Social Drinker
Hi...I am a non-smoking female going to S. America next March (16 days Princess) wanting to find someone to split an ocean view room. Santiago to San Francisco (my home town), so if you've never been to SF I would enjoy showing off this great city after the cruise. Easy-going, like most of the stuff you listed, and am looking for a nice time, nothing else. Let me know if this might appeal to you and we can discuss it further. Gives you 11 months to get ready to see the western coast of So. America.

Thank you,
Deborah
Caucasian, straight, 50's, like food and culture, reading, art and photography

Last edited by debtz; March 29th, 2011 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling
Old May 6th, 2011, 08:34 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCD View Post
After 12 years of working in the music industry Im selling my business on April 1st and planning to take a mini-retirement for a year or two. Id like to do as much traveling as possible during that time. All of my friends still have jobs that they have to go to most days so I need to find other single travelers that would prefer not to pay the single occupancy rate and wouldnt mind sharing a room with me. Im up for any destination or duration. The longer trips (one week to one month) would probably be the most appealing to me. Id prefer someone that would like to hang out at least some of the time, but if youd rather just split costs and go our separate ways I can deal with that as well. Im not looking for a love connection here, just good company. So I dont care about your age, gender, sexual persuasion, or color. As long as you are fun and respectful we will get along. If you are interested then please dont hesitate to get in touch with information about yourself and your intended trip. I look forward to your response(s)

-ABOUT ME-

Non-Smoker

Social Drinker
5/8 Fla single senior gentleman seeking cruise companion for 7 day eastern Caribbean cruise, 10/8/2011 - NCL Sun leaving from Cape Canaveral . Cost - $500 per person. Itinerary - Nassau, San Juan, St Thomas, NCL private island. Divorced, 79 years young and active, been on 12 cruises. Into music, especially big band and instrumentals. Played trombone years ago. Like photography and historic sites.
Cruisinbill
Old May 6th, 2011, 09:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hey! I'm 25, male and going to australia!
There's a specific cruise I'm looking into and for a 4 bed cabin it's 1044 AUD each (about 1080 american I'd say)
here it is:
Vanuatu, New Caledonia and Australia Cruise - P&O Cruises

there's also the option of getting a 2 bed cabin.
I would opt for the inside cabins as they are the ones that are cheaper.
The cruise goes to some pretty cool places like New Caledonia and such.

Please please please do consider it! hahaha I'm just a student and I'm trying to go visit my boyfriend who works on that boat as a trapezist and they won't let us sleep in the same cabin... And a single cabin is like twice the price...

It's from the 29th of july to the 10th of august.
Old May 8th, 2011, 06:23 PM
Familiar Face

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saw your post. I just posted this --any interest?

Single 60 female seeks cabin mate for 8 day/6 tours on river cruise.
Includes all meals--Cost: $1153 pp. Viking Cruises is also offering $500 off p.p. on RT air.
Have not checked other air --Viking is $1195 from west coast. Must book by 5/31/11 to get this deal. Seek non-smoker, balanced travel companion--no strings or benefits please. Please email angelstouch_99@yahoo.com
Thank you.
Info from site: Find complete itinerary at Viking Cruises--
Combine the magic of Paris with the beauty of France’s Norman countryside and voil! Experience history firsthand at the Normandy beaches, site of the famous Allied invasion on D-Day in 1944. Delight in the Gothic architecture of Rouen, and see where Joan of Arc was tried and executed. Lose yourself in the exquisite gardens of Giverny, whose rich palette inspired Impressionist Claude Monet for many years. Walk the cobblestone streets of provincial Vernon and share the splendor of Paris, the world’s most romantic city. This fascinating 8-day journey has something for everyone.