CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Prairie Home Companion cruise July 9-16 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/382059-prairie-home-companion-cruise-july-9-16-a.html)

Portlander April 22nd, 2011 12:35 AM

Prairie Home Companion cruise July 9-16

I've just booked a large inside cabin for the Prairie Home Companion cruise on Holland America's Veendam. It's July 9-16, sailing from Boston around to the St Lawrence Seaway and ending at Montreal. Garrison Keillor will be aboard and there will be performances nightly. I've been on the waiting list and this one just opened up.

So I'm looking for a cabin mate to lower my cost. $2,400 apiece double occupancy or $2,000 apiece for three people. (The cabin sleeps three.)

I am single, female, 61. Quiet, well-travelled, long-time Garrison Keillor fan. I don't smoke, drink or party. But I love to see new sights and plan to spent a lot of time on deck watching the scenery. Except for Boston, this will be new territory for me. On-shore activities can be shared or not, as we choose.

ednotmilkman April 22nd, 2011 01:08 AM

Sounds like fun with Praire Home Companion, Portlander ! I've never seen the show on TV or live but do enjoy it on the radio a lot. I'm interested but will be doing other things in July.

You might want to clarify what type cabin this is, and also if you prefer female or would consider one of us guys.

Edwin

ruthlessboss April 22nd, 2011 08:41 AM

What's a Prairie Home Companion?

Portlander April 23rd, 2011 01:01 AM

Good suggestions. It's a large, inside K-class cabin that can sleep 3. Prefer female cabinmates.

ednotmilkman April 23rd, 2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruthlessboss (Post 1367359)
What's a Prairie Home Companion?

Hi again Ruthless, I'm sure you could find all the info you'd want with a simple query on your favorite, or default, search engine. The radio show is on, live I believe, every Saturday afternoon on NPR radio.

And Portlander, let me know later if you'd consider including me in case I could arrange to go. Might be fun as a mixed 3some; and I'd bring less stuff than your average girlfriend ;-) Ruthless and I get along OK on this site even though we've never met.

Edwin

ruthlessboss April 23rd, 2011 10:00 PM

Hi Ed! You mean I have to WORK to find the answer? lol

Portlander April 24th, 2011 12:17 AM

Fans of this long-running radio show would be very interested in the cruise. Others might be less interested.

Portlander May 3rd, 2011 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ednotmilkman (Post 1367604)

And Portlander, let me know later if you'd consider including me in case I could arrange to go. I'd bring less stuff than your average girlfriend ;-)

Edwin

Ed, I won't totally rule out a guy for the Prairie Home Companion cruise in July. (You'd probably spend less time in the bathroom.) I'll keep it in mind. I definitely want a non-smoker. And I'm the early-riser, breakfast-eater type.

Hope you're OK after the tornadoes.

Emily

Moiraine May 3rd, 2011 09:08 PM

I would so love to do this cruise and see Garrison Keillor live but there is no way that I can because of caregiver duties. Have fun and give us a report after, please.

cathieh May 16th, 2011 12:26 PM

Is your offer still available?

I am writing for my sister who has been on the waiting list for APHC.
She is very interested in sharing your cabin. She's a huge fan and is 62 years old.

Please reply to let her know if her dreams will come true this July!

Thanks!

Portlander May 28th, 2011 05:05 PM

Also sent my email:

Yes, I'm still looking for a cabinmate! (Sorry, I hadn't checked the cruisemates site lately.) The per-person cost to share this cabin is $2,400. It's a large inside cabin, large enough to sleep three, so I think two people would be comfortable.

Is your sister still interested?

TNova June 1st, 2011 02:39 AM

Hello! Are you still looking for a female cabinmate for the Prarie Home Companion cruise in July?

Terra

SanJoseCruiser June 3rd, 2011 09:56 PM

I am looking for a roommate in a E, large single, cabin, $3,200. I am male, non-smoker. I have been on a few cruises, including with PHC to Norway in 2007. I will check back from time to time, but the quickest way to get me is billw@wmwest.com.

gbrad June 7th, 2011 01:51 AM

Emily, Edwin

Quote:

Originally Posted by ednotmilkman (Post 1367604)
Hi again Ruthless, I'm sure you could find all the info you'd want with a simple query on your favorite, or default, search engine. The radio show is on, live I believe, every Saturday afternoon on NPR radio.

And Portlander, let me know later if you'd consider including me in case I could arrange to go. Might be fun as a mixed 3some; and I'd bring less stuff than your average girlfriend ;-) Ruthless and I get along OK on this site even though we've never met.

Edwin

Edwin- oh the bells I will have to sell to go on this, but would adore it!
The PHC actually had a show at our Civic Center, where I've primo seats, and go figure, I was on a Cruise!! This could be redemption for me, LOL
From what Judy has told me, she thinks you and I would get along well, perhaps we could convince Emily of that, and that she would be comfortable with us?
Worth a shot?
It actually might be a cute moniker, as the 3 Musketeers?
Emily, Edwin, Brad

Comment, as I'm gettin itchy about a cruise already this summer, at least pre October (Sept. prices are looking better.. but still not good)

Portlander June 8th, 2011 05:45 PM

Success

I've found a cabin mate. Thanks, all who posted.

ednotmilkman June 8th, 2011 08:43 PM

so it's only a two-some then ?

ruthlessboss June 9th, 2011 08:35 AM

I'm being nosey. Was the companion one of you who responded?
At least she had the courtesy to post she found a roomie (even if it's a twosome)

Portlander June 11th, 2011 01:11 AM

TNova, please check your Private Messages on this site.