Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2011, 02:45 PM
Familiar Face

Smile Cabin Mate Needed

Hi all you cruise lovers.
I have a couple of cruises booked for November 2011 & have been let down by my travelling companion. I am a Single White British Female, 57 Years old (58 by the time I go). I have done many cruises mainly with my son who alas is 17 & does not want to go on holiday with his mother anymore.
I am not a party person nor a party pooper. Love to dress up for dinner, love the sunshine & just enjoy the carefree lifestyle on board ship.
The cruise starts in Southampton, England on board Grand Princess inside cabin for 2 weeks & ends in Fort Lauderdale. From there, it is onto Oasis of the Seas (Wow, this is the one I wanted to do) with a park view cabin for a week. Flights back to Manchester (probably via Heathrow as they all seem to be that way these days.
Hope someone would like to do this as I really do not want to lose my deposit & I REALLY do not want to cancel.
Am always willing to provide more details etc if anyone is interested
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via Skype™ to Travellingman39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruising Carol View Post
Hi all you cruise lovers.
I have a couple of cruises booked for November 2011 & have been let down by my travelling companion. I am a Single White British Female, 57 Years old (58 by the time I go). I have done many cruises mainly with my son who alas is 17 & does not want to go on holiday with his mother anymore.
I am not a party person nor a party pooper. Love to dress up for dinner, love the sunshine & just enjoy the carefree lifestyle on board ship.
The cruise starts in Southampton, England on board Grand Princess inside cabin for 2 weeks & ends in Fort Lauderdale. From there, it is onto Oasis of the Seas (Wow, this is the one I wanted to do) with a park view cabin for a week. Flights back to Manchester (probably via Heathrow as they all seem to be that way these days.
Hope someone would like to do this as I really do not want to lose my deposit & I REALLY do not want to cancel.
Am always willing to provide more details etc if anyone is interested
Hi Carol,
My name is Brian, a 71 yr old widower who lives in Littleborough nr Rochdale (I am assuming you live in the Manchester area Carol?)
I've been on my own for 4 years now since sadly losing my lovely wife during Dec 2006. Since that time I travel quite extensively every couple of months or so. Naturally being a single traveller is far from ideal as you have no social company,or a partner to share the thrills of travel.
I have only done one cruise a couple of years ago with RC on the "Jewel of the Seas" which was a 7 day cruise from Boston to Canada. I didn't really enjoy it for two main reasons I guess. The first was paying a huge single supplement, and the second the fact that without a travel companion I felt like a fish out of water! Obviously you have to accept that 95% of passengers quite understandably are couples.
Anyway Carol, initially I was looking for a cruise just to get away somewhere warm for Christmas & the New Year. However, I spotted your request for some one to share a cabin and subsequently reduce overall costs, which is why we are all here in the first place I guess.
So here's hoping my initial query may be of some interest to you, if so perhaps you could forward more in depth details of the cruise. Thank you.

Kind regards

Brian Scott
Old May 6th, 2011, 06:15 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello, I could meet up with you in Fort Lauderdale? Please let me know if you are interested. Bye for now.