CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Southampton Transatlantic + Caribbean (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/382182-southampton-transatlantic-caribbean.html)

Cruising Carol April 27th, 2011 06:09 PM

Southampton Transatlantic + Caribbean

Hi all you cruise lovers.
I have a couple of cruises booked for November 2011 & have been let down by my travelling companion. I am a Single White British Female, 57 Years old (58 by the time I go). I have done many cruises mainly with my son who alas is 17 & does not want to go on holiday with his mother anymore.
Non smoker. Love to dress up for dinner, love the sunshine & just enjoy the carefree lifestyle on board ship.
The cruise starts in Southampton, England on board Grand Princess inside cabin for 2 weeks & ends in Fort Lauderdale. From there, it is onto Oasis of the Seas (Wow, this is the one I wanted to do) with a park view cabin for a week. Flights back to Manchester (probably via Heathrow as they all seem to be that way these days.
Hope someone would like to do this as I really do not want to lose my deposit & I REALLY do not want to cancel.
This was/is a good deal & am willing to either spend time together or just share the cost. Have priced this cruise as a single & is out of my price bracket
Would welcome feedback for this posting. Presume no replies as all viewers in the United States

anniegb April 27th, 2011 06:36 PM

Carol

What is the pricing?

That will help the response rate.

BTW I am from the UK but SOTON is a no-no.

Annie

Cruising Carol April 28th, 2011 08:14 AM

Pricing for the 2 cruises

As I didn't book it myself I am not sure of the exact pricing so will need to find out but know it was around £1500/£1600 each which I think has to be a good deal especially as the 3rd week is on Oasis!!
You said Southampton was a NO NO!! Presume because of the weather at that time of year?
Thanks for your feedback

cruiseN4life April 30th, 2011 06:33 AM

I would love to jump on this opportunity with you Carol. I am a big cruiser and reliable. I have mostly sailed solo and I am always looking for new adventures and enjoy meeting new people. Please tell me more about the details, etc. fitcruiser@gmail.com
This is a serious inquiry :)

cruiselady3 April 30th, 2011 05:33 PM

Oasis of the Seas portion of 3-week cruise

Am interested in sailing on the Oasis of the Seas - how much would that be per person for the week and in what type of cabin?

Thanks! 8-)

Cruising Carol May 1st, 2011 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruiseN4life (Post 1368658)
I would love to jump on this opportunity with you Carol. I am a big cruiser and reliable. I have mostly sailed solo and I am always looking for new adventures and enjoy meeting new people. Please tell me more about the details, etc. fitcruiser@gmail.com
This is a serious inquiry :)

Hi, only just got your message, will get in touch later by e mail

Cruising Carol May 3rd, 2011 05:05 PM

Hi
I have sent you 2 e mails but have had no replies so am wondering whether you are not interested or my e mails have gone astray. No worries if you are not interested.
Regards

Cruising Carol May 3rd, 2011 05:06 PM

CruiseN4life

Hi
I have sent you 2 e mails but have had no replies so am wondering whether you are not interested or my e mails have gone astray. No worries if you are not interested.
Regards

cruiselady3 May 3rd, 2011 06:34 PM

What is the cost of the Oasis portion? Thanks.

Cruising Carol May 4th, 2011 07:24 AM

Cruise cost

Hi

It was in the region of about £700 but I am waiting for confirmation from our travel agent as I did not receive any of the paperwork. I have to tell you that I am still trying to get someone to do the whole 3 weeks. I thought that I had someone interested but seems like they now do not even want to reply to me. I would just do the Oasis cruise BUT the flights are so expensive that it all works out too much for me for a ONE week cruise.
Will keep you informed.
Thanks

cruiselady3 May 4th, 2011 06:34 PM

cost of Oasis portion

That's about US$1,400 - that is per person or total cost of cabin? Thanks. :cool:

Cruising Carol May 5th, 2011 06:24 PM

The exchange rate is now only about 1.5 $ to the £. That is per person !!

Cruising Carol May 5th, 2011 06:24 PM

Exchange rates

The exchange rate is now only about 1.5 $ to the £. That is per person !!

morethanfurther May 20th, 2012 09:21 PM

Any plans for a 2012 cruise after May?

Cruisetoeurope June 7th, 2012 09:43 AM

Hi there ... I would be' interested the transatlantic cruise on the Grand Princesse... I have taken the same voyage before and have enjoyed it very much... Thanks! Emma

SwF , straight, young 52, have same interets as you :-)

Cruising Carol June 8th, 2012 08:51 AM

Am doing a transatlantic in November & Oz in April but always open to suggestions.
Send me your e mail & we can keep in touch

Cruising Carol June 8th, 2012 08:54 AM

Hi Emma

I put that post on last year so unfortunately, it has been & gone...I didn't do it in the end. I actually did RCI instead. Am doing Navigator in November alone.

Send me your e mail address by private message & we can keep in touch for any future suggestions.

Regards

theunicorn78 July 12th, 2012 02:44 AM

Southampton to NY QM2 september 14th

Hey!!

I'm from the USA and I've been living abroad in Europe since May. I was looking to travel back to New York via cruiseship since 1. Itís awesome 2. I don't love planes.

If you have the time and want to travel to New York in a different way, this may be a nice idea for you! I Live in southern California and planning to get there by car if you are interested.
The ship leaves from Southampton, which is why I am posting it here, although I'll be in Spain doing a summer research project/ working for the summer. The deal is, it is very reasonably priced if you are sharing a room, but since all of my classmates are traveling back around now, my only chance to pay for just half a room (about 500£/ 750 dollars per person plus tax in a double room) is to share with a roommate. That price includes all their posh meals aboard the cruise, and all the luxury ameneties (pools, hottube, etc.) The trip lasts 7 days and departs from Southampton on September 14th.

Cruise Results

Although I would prefer to room with a guy, I will consider all serious inquiries (I'm a 33 gay male guy drama and feathers free) I'll include a picture just to show I'm a real person, but once in touch, I'd appreciate if you'd leave me a phone number so I can call and confirm better Hope to hear from you soon! Best Regards. Federico Rolandi

NickMammoth August 17th, 2012 07:05 PM

Hi. I am in the same boat 9no pun intended). I have booked the Grand Princess from London to Fla, but my buddy says he can't go, I am a male, (gay), 65. in Los Angeles; if you hear of anyone that might like to share my cabin or whatever, get in touch.. thanks..

Nick

Cruising Carol August 20th, 2012 08:42 AM

Hi, I put that on last year.....pity I am not on the same ship this year....
Regards