Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:09 PM
Familiar Face

Default Southampton Transatlantic + Caribbean

Hi all you cruise lovers.
I have a couple of cruises booked for November 2011 & have been let down by my travelling companion. I am a Single White British Female, 57 Years old (58 by the time I go). I have done many cruises mainly with my son who alas is 17 & does not want to go on holiday with his mother anymore.
Non smoker. Love to dress up for dinner, love the sunshine & just enjoy the carefree lifestyle on board ship.
The cruise starts in Southampton, England on board Grand Princess inside cabin for 2 weeks & ends in Fort Lauderdale. From there, it is onto Oasis of the Seas (Wow, this is the one I wanted to do) with a park view cabin for a week. Flights back to Manchester (probably via Heathrow as they all seem to be that way these days.
Hope someone would like to do this as I really do not want to lose my deposit & I REALLY do not want to cancel.
This was/is a good deal & am willing to either spend time together or just share the cost. Have priced this cruise as a single & is out of my price bracket
Would welcome feedback for this posting. Presume no replies as all viewers in the United States
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2011, 06:36 PM
Admiral

Carol

What is the pricing?

That will help the response rate.

BTW I am from the UK but SOTON is a no-no.

Annie
Old April 28th, 2011, 08:14 AM
Familiar Face

Default Pricing for the 2 cruises

As I didn't book it myself I am not sure of the exact pricing so will need to find out but know it was around £1500/£1600 each which I think has to be a good deal especially as the 3rd week is on Oasis!!
You said Southampton was a NO NO!! Presume because of the weather at that time of year?
Thanks for your feedback
Old April 30th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Familiar Face

I would love to jump on this opportunity with you Carol. I am a big cruiser and reliable. I have mostly sailed solo and I am always looking for new adventures and enjoy meeting new people. Please tell me more about the details, etc. fitcruiser@gmail.com
This is a serious inquiry
Old April 30th, 2011, 05:33 PM
Familiar Face

Default Oasis of the Seas portion of 3-week cruise

Am interested in sailing on the Oasis of the Seas - how much would that be per person for the week and in what type of cabin?

Thanks!
Old May 1st, 2011, 10:09 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiseN4life View Post
I would love to jump on this opportunity with you Carol. I am a big cruiser and reliable. I have mostly sailed solo and I am always looking for new adventures and enjoy meeting new people. Please tell me more about the details, etc. fitcruiser@gmail.com
This is a serious inquiry
Hi, only just got your message, will get in touch later by e mail
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:05 PM
Familiar Face

Hi
I have sent you 2 e mails but have had no replies so am wondering whether you are not interested or my e mails have gone astray. No worries if you are not interested.
Regards
Old May 3rd, 2011, 05:06 PM
Familiar Face

Default CruiseN4life

Hi
I have sent you 2 e mails but have had no replies so am wondering whether you are not interested or my e mails have gone astray. No worries if you are not interested.
Regards
Old May 3rd, 2011, 06:34 PM
Familiar Face

What is the cost of the Oasis portion? Thanks.
Old May 4th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Familiar Face

Default Cruise cost

Hi

It was in the region of about £700 but I am waiting for confirmation from our travel agent as I did not receive any of the paperwork. I have to tell you that I am still trying to get someone to do the whole 3 weeks. I thought that I had someone interested but seems like they now do not even want to reply to me. I would just do the Oasis cruise BUT the flights are so expensive that it all works out too much for me for a ONE week cruise.
Will keep you informed.
Thanks
Old May 4th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default cost of Oasis portion

That's about US$1,400 - that is per person or total cost of cabin? Thanks.
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Familiar Face

The exchange rate is now only about 1.5 $ to the £. That is per person !!
Old May 5th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Familiar Face

Default Exchange rates

The exchange rate is now only about 1.5 $ to the £. That is per person !!
Old May 20th, 2012, 09:21 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Any plans for a 2012 cruise after May?
Old June 7th, 2012, 09:43 AM
Familiar Face

Hi there ... I would be' interested the transatlantic cruise on the Grand Princesse... I have taken the same voyage before and have enjoyed it very much... Thanks! Emma

SwF , straight, young 52, have same interets as you :-)
Old June 8th, 2012, 08:51 AM
Familiar Face

Am doing a transatlantic in November & Oz in April but always open to suggestions.
Send me your e mail & we can keep in touch
Old June 8th, 2012, 08:54 AM
Familiar Face

Hi Emma

I put that post on last year so unfortunately, it has been & gone...I didn't do it in the end. I actually did RCI instead. Am doing Navigator in November alone.

Send me your e mail address by private message & we can keep in touch for any future suggestions.

Regards
Old July 12th, 2012, 02:44 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Southampton to NY QM2 september 14th

Hey!!

I'm from the USA and I've been living abroad in Europe since May. I was looking to travel back to New York via cruiseship since 1. Itís awesome 2. I don't love planes.

If you have the time and want to travel to New York in a different way, this may be a nice idea for you! I Live in southern California and planning to get there by car if you are interested.
The ship leaves from Southampton, which is why I am posting it here, although I'll be in Spain doing a summer research project/ working for the summer. The deal is, it is very reasonably priced if you are sharing a room, but since all of my classmates are traveling back around now, my only chance to pay for just half a room (about 500£/ 750 dollars per person plus tax in a double room) is to share with a roommate. That price includes all their posh meals aboard the cruise, and all the luxury ameneties (pools, hottube, etc.) The trip lasts 7 days and departs from Southampton on September 14th.

Cruise Results

Although I would prefer to room with a guy, I will consider all serious inquiries (I'm a 33 gay male guy drama and feathers free) I'll include a picture just to show I'm a real person, but once in touch, I'd appreciate if you'd leave me a phone number so I can call and confirm better Hope to hear from you soon! Best Regards. Federico Rolandi
Old August 17th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Familiar Face

Hi. I am in the same boat 9no pun intended). I have booked the Grand Princess from London to Fla, but my buddy says he can't go, I am a male, (gay), 65. in Los Angeles; if you hear of anyone that might like to share my cabin or whatever, get in touch.. thanks..

Nick
Old August 20th, 2012, 08:42 AM
Familiar Face

Hi, I put that on last year.....pity I am not on the same ship this year....
Regards