Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2015, 11:14 PM
Familiar Face

A few year ago I tried looking for a cabin mate on this site. Ended up finding a mate from the 2nd party site of the trip I was going on.

We emailed and spoke on the phone. Younger girl. Professed to be mature. The agreement was that we would not be attached at the hip.

The cabin experience itself was fine. But uniquely, she drove me crazy with a fantasy she had about marrying one of the musicians on the music cruise we were on. She felt is was her fate. Which is fine as long as I'm kept out of the obsession, but she was unable to do that.

Needless to say I've now booked a single cabin. I still love people and think everyone deserves an opportunities. We're all human. I'm a perfect example of imperfection! But vacationing is a luxury I work hard for, and now prefer to 'turn in' at night on a cruise in peace. and awake to meet many lovely people on the ship.

Communicate with your new cabin mate. but there are no guarantees.
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=411681592334158
Old August 7th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Familiar Face

Default It worked great for me

Last spring I saw some real bargains on some Transatlantic sailings, but it wouldn't have been much of a bargain if I had to pay for the whole cabin by myself. So, I posted on here and talked to several people. Eventually I clicked with one lady and we booked a cabin together. It was a wonderful experience.

She and I were about 15 years apart in age, but got along beautifully. We did stuff together when our plans coincided, and went our own ways when we wanted that.

I will definitely look again here if the situation arises again.
Old September 30th, 2015, 11:54 AM
Familiar Face

Default Recently returned from Alaska w/buddy from CruiseMates:)

Hi everyone,

I'm a jolly, black female, over 50, that has posted some ads on this website & have had a few nibbles. I stated that I'm a solo cruiser looking for ladies that wish to cruise to the Caribbean, Alaska and other places on my bucket list. Well, many months ago, one dear lady (my same age & of another race) contacted me & asked if I was still interested in sailing to Alaska. I said sure! We took time to get to know more about each other by emailing each other maybe 3 to 4 times /week, sending photographs and calling. We set our trip up; confirmed every step with each other, from our flights to our limo contacts to our cruise ship excursions (which we did all but 1 excursion together). She wanted & did the white water rafting, I wanted & did the alaskan dog sled camp. On the ship, we enjoyed the same types of food, shows and events. We went to a trivia contest and won it as a team. We enjoyed meeting, chatting & dining with so many different folks while onboard. She and I enjoyed a few games of chess together. She smokes, I don't, but I didn't care. We bought each other a drink or two every now and then. In our cabin, we are both neat & clean people. We listened and sang along to country music that she had in her phone with the help a small external speaker that she brought. We both snore a little & since I am a very light sleeper, I brought ear plugs. While on land, we shopped together, stopped for a drink and took many photos of breath taking sites.

This was my first trip ever to Alaska (September 2015). I flew from Virginia to Seattle. She flew from Texas to Seattle where we met at the SEA-TAC airport.

Our entire trip was planned extremely well and went the same way from start to finish. I am proud to say that we are CruiseMates for life !!!

Our next cruise together = Bermuda (April 2016)

Any girly girls age 50+ wanna come along????? We are always looking for "the-more-the-merrier". Send me a message here.

Cheers,
CruiseNsnorkel
Old September 30th, 2015, 01:28 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

It is so nice to hear that cruising with someone you have never met and worked out great....So good, that you are planning another one. We see all the time, people looking for a cruisemate and never really hear if they found one and if so, how it went. Thanks for taking the time to tell us about your trip...

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 6th, 2016, 10:28 PM
Familiar Face

Beware if you go with someone that is overweight and they say they don't snore.....THEY WILL!!! It could possibly ruin your trip if you are a light sleeper.
Old January 17th, 2016, 02:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default A wonderful experience

I met a lady through this site and we spoke several times on the phone and by email. We had a lot in common and decided on an 8day to the Eastern Caribbean. We had the most fun getting excited and making our plans to do things on and off the ship. We had about 6 months of planning, talking almost weekly about everything from flights to hotels. It was like meeting family when we met in Lauderdale. We hit it off beautifully !! The trip was magnificent, we had so much fun together. Seems like we had known each other all of our lives. I have a new friend and cruise buddy !! We are hoping to take another cruise together soon. I would encourage anyone to ust this site for finding a roomie !!
Old January 17th, 2016, 05:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

iltutcruiser, so glad you had a great cruise and found a friend...Cruisemates is well know for finding cruise companions....hope you sail again soon.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 18th, 2016, 12:11 PM
First Mate

I just got back last evening from a 7-day western Caribbean cruise with another member of this great group. Both of us have found other cruisemates here in the past, so we pretty well knew how to handle it. She had warned me in advance that she both smoked and snored, and liked water excursions, while I'm slightly allergic to seawater. Anyhow, we hit it off better than I had expected, and had a very good time. YAY cruisemates!
Old March 23rd, 2016, 11:41 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Yes, agreed.
Old March 23rd, 2016, 12:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I am so glad things are working out for people here.

Just for the record, CruiseMates was started as a place for people to meet before a cruise on the same ship, but it was not meant to be solely a place for people who needed roommates.

It turned out, however, that a lot of people have come here looking for this and this is what they have found. I am so glad for you people who have made new friends here who can share your passion for cruises. It is not an inexpensive hobby, and being honest, having the right company makes a big difference.

Personally, I do not like to cruise alone. I don't mind have having a cabin to myself but I prefer to know I will have company for dinners especially. I do snore and have roomed with others who snore, but earplugs and eye masks work great for me. I have no problems getting along with roommates, and it sure helps to save money.

Paul Motter - CruiseMates editor
Old March 23rd, 2016, 05:46 PM
Admiral

For me CM has been good and not so good but there is no point to bring up the past.

I am thankful that being on CM gave me the opportunity to get to know and become good friends off line with TM and his wife.
I have also had the opportunity to become friends with some people who no longer post here ,Tom and Angie ,Todd and Venice .
I have had telephone conversations with several other people and have become e-mail friends with others such as LuAnne Russo .
Old March 23rd, 2016, 05:57 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

LF, what ever happeed to LuAnne?

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 24th, 2016, 01:42 PM
Admiral

Default LuAnne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna View Post
LF, what ever happeed to LuAnne?
LuAnne still posts on CM occasionally .I believe she posted last month or this past January.