CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Cruisemate needed for group Cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/383314-thanksgiving-cruisemate-needed-group-cruise.html)

The Flying Dutchman June 24th, 2011 11:27 AM

Thanksgiving Cruisemate needed for group Cruise

Hello,
I have used this site twice before to successfully find a cabin mate.
I am interested in the Cruisemates Group cruise on Thanksgiving week 2011 but need a cabinmate--- see the site info on this cruise, very nice.
I am a mature female,(yes, I know my "handle" sounds like I'm a man but it is an operatic reference...)
l having cruised many times and would be open to a considerate cabinmate of either sex to avoid the surcharge of a solo cabin.
I am respectful and sociable but perfectly able to be as independent of each other as is comfortable for both. I would be open to an inside or outside cabin, as midships as possible on any but the lowest deck.
I am an early riser, tidy in the cabin, social drinker, NON smoker, enjoy the onboard events, the pool, the spa, dancing, the dining room and am usually among the first off the ship and one of the last to return but never late! I have spent a lot of time in the Caribbean and know many of the islands pretty well.
Please contact me if you would like to share this cruise. If these dates don't work I would consider your alternate suggestion for another cruise.

Deal breakers for me: Smoker, heavy drinker, drug use, overnight "friends" in the cabin, general boorish behavior...I bring earplugs so if you are a moderate snorer I could handle it.
We could chat on the phone and I am open to discussing any and all concerns.
Thanks!
TFD

joanieg July 18th, 2011 06:01 PM

Hi,
I would be interested. I'm on break from school district from 11/19-27/11, so timing is good. From what I remember this is the cruise leaving from Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.
Can you fill me in on details. Also cost, etc.

I'm 60's, fun, easy going non smoker, straight female. Thanks.
Joanie

Trip July 18th, 2011 06:47 PM

This group cruise was canceled, due to a very large group of American Girl Doll fans, booked for that cruise. Many of the public spaces were going to be given over to this group, for private functions. There was a post about this a while back.

The Flying Dutchman July 26th, 2011 04:06 PM

Hello Joan,
I guess this one is out:(
*Thanks to "Trip" for bringing the news about the cancellation. I am not on this board very often except when I'm looking for a cabinmate...
I would love to chat with you and see what else we might find. It needn't be Thanksgiving, I could go many other dates. I like the Eastern and Southern Caribbean
routes and would consider large or smaller ships.
If you would like to discuss please PM me.

Regards,
The Flying Dutchman

Mike M July 26th, 2011 06:32 PM

There is a great Cruisemates Mediterranean cruise on board the Carnival Breeze on 6/27/2012.

It has a lot of extras including a free pre-cruise hotel in Barcelona.

You can find more information at:
CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums - Announcements in Forum : Seeking Cruise Companion

Take care,
Mike

ken45 July 27th, 2011 05:08 PM

Would you be open to an April 10 cruise on Celebrity's Silhouttee?

DebCruiser July 28th, 2011 02:10 AM

Would you be interested in another Thanksgiving cruise? I'm a 58-year old female looking to share a cabin with another female. I'd love to cruise over Thanksgiving and/or Christmas. I don't have a particular cruise in mind. I prefer cruises with more port days than sea days. Otherwise, I'm open about the itinerary and type of cabin. If anybody is interested, please let me know.

joanieg July 31st, 2011 05:16 PM

Hi,
As you may know the 20ll cruisemate cruise was cancelled. However I have a potential cruise, departing same date 11/19, Caribbean cruise, 7 nights from Miami.
If interested I can give you details.
Joanie
angelstouch_99@yahoo.com

joanieg August 2nd, 2011 03:34 PM

Thanks for the note--probably not.

maryf August 5th, 2011 11:35 AM

Hello, Dutchwoman,
We sound similar, and would probably be good roommates. Can you direct me to the info about the cruise? Thanks,
Mary F.