CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Last week in AUGUST!- GALVESTON, NOLA, or MOBILE (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/384415-last-week-august-galveston-nola-mobile.html)

golden185 August 18th, 2011 02:17 PM

Last week in AUGUST!- GALVESTON, NOLA, or MOBILE

After a year of working without any vacation time, I was unexpectly given the last week in August off. Dying to do something fun and have never been on a cruise so I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give it a shot.
I'll be leaving from the Houston area and would be willing to depart from Galveston, New Orleans, or Mobile for a 4 or 5 Day cruise to the caribbean. Looked up availability and cruise.com currently shows very reasonable rates for all those locations.
About me, I'm a very active 28 year old male, super down to earth and easy to get along with. Been socially conditioned so I won't do anything wierd like walk around in socks and tighty whities. If, however, by the very slim chance you find me offensive, you won't have to bare the task of entertaining me because I don't plan on spending much time in the cabin anyhow. The flip side, and much more likely result, is that we will hit it off, drink a ton, eat like pigs, get sunburnt, and become great friends. Let me know if you are interested!:D
Anyone by the name of jeffrey dahmer need not apply. I enjoy having my spleen intact.

kizzydc August 20th, 2011 07:03 PM

Hello there! I sent you a PM. If you are still looking and are open to a cruise leaving on Sept 1, I am definitely interested! Karen

songs48 August 20th, 2011 07:27 PM

Hello

What are the exact dates that u plan on going?

songs48 August 20th, 2011 07:31 PM

Hello

Hello

What are the exact dates that u plan on going?

ednotmilkman August 20th, 2011 10:22 PM

good luck Golden 185 !

I can't go cruisin' until the week of Sept 10 or 11, but I am wanting to depart from Mobile, New Orleans or one of the FL ports that has cheap airfare. So if one of you who reads this is interested ; let me know. Easiest would be a 5 nighter from Mobile since I can drive there in 2 hours. A 7 night cruise is OK but for the extra 2 days it would be more important to chat a bit to make sure we have a few likeable, social traits to get us through the week.

Unlike Golden185, I don't drink until I'm thirsty and I don't get sunburned unless my cabinmate refuses to put the lotion on my back ! Also I'm old enough to stay out of trouble (nearly 51), but can enjoy life on the edge of trouble. See some of my former posts for more about me if you have time to browse.

I'm interested in going with Jonathon or Jake that posted about a cruise from San Juan also, but we have not made any 1 on 1 plans so those 2 may be going together. If so, good luck to both of you and let us know here on the "board:"

ginge August 21st, 2011 10:46 AM

Mobile

I am 65 yr old married white male living in Little Rock, AR who would be interested in a cruise out of Mobile. I have been many times. I don't care where or when. Let me know. Thank you.

Paul