Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 24th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Familiar Face

Default Retired swm seeking cruisemate coral princess relo 11/22/11

I'm retired and looking for cruisemate to share a cabin on the Coral Princess that leaves Los Angeles on 11/22/11 and arrives at Ft.Lauderdale, FL on 12/06/11. Laid back, non-snorer, non-smoker and seldom drinker. I look forward to hearing from someone interested in this cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:57 AM
Admiral

Wish I could go, have often wondered about this type of cruise. Already booked on a cruise during that time. What was your impression of Allure? 2 friends just got back, they were a bit disappointed, mostly the food.
Old August 24th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Familiar Face

Allure is a great ship. I am prejudiced and it was a bucket list cruise along with a cruise on the epic the preceding week which was another bucket list cruise. The bucket list was to cruise on two of the biggest ships ever built. On both ships i was impressed by service, variety of experiences, dedication of crew and variety of food. I have to say one thing about the allure and that was the size of the theater. It was built to fill the ship and is impressive. The presentations are impressive
and designed to impress. The exercise facilities are first class and the jogging track is fantastic.
Old August 24th, 2011, 09:04 PM
Admiral

For the big ships, it will likely be Epic due to rates. Someday the other 2. Though I've not sailed those monster sized ships, I feel a smaller one will fit my wants better.
Hope you find an interested party to cruise with you.
Old August 25th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Familiar Face

Default Hope your friends tried 150 Park Ave

I was surprised that you did not ask about 150 Park Ave. You better make reservations to make sure you enjoy this culinary delight when you cruise on the Allure.

The chef who leads the kitchen of the signature restaurant onboard Allure of the Seas. Maureen "Molly" Brandt of Stillwater, Minn. has landed a one-year paid contract to be the Chef de Cuisine of 150 Central Park onboard Allure of the Seas.

Try this for a sample menu entry by Molly:
Chilled Lobster with fennel, carrots, citrus, caviar and tempura battered lobster mitt; Provencal Lamb Loin with Dijon potato puree, ratatouille, pattypan squash and olive tapenade; and Pistachio Cake with whipped rosewater crème fraiche and carbonated raspberries.

And she's dreaming up similar menus for Allure cruisers.

Pisachio cake what a treat, but, it's the little things that count with me and the Allure had pistachios and walnuts for cereal in the morning. And anchovies for Caesar salad and pizza at night.
Old August 25th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiable View Post
I was surprised that you did not ask about 150 Park Ave. You better make reservations to make sure you enjoy this culinary delight when you cruise on the Allure.

The chef who leads the kitchen of the signature restaurant onboard Allure of the Seas. Maureen "Molly" Brandt of Stillwater, Minn. has landed a one-year paid contract to be the Chef de Cuisine of 150 Central Park onboard Allure of the Seas.

Try this for a sample menu entry by Molly:
Chilled Lobster with fennel, carrots, citrus, caviar and tempura battered lobster mitt; Provencal Lamb Loin with Dijon potato puree, ratatouille, pattypan squash and olive tapenade; and Pistachio Cake with whipped rosewater crème fraiche and carbonated raspberries.

And she's dreaming up similar menus for Allure cruisers.

Pisachio cake what a treat, but, it's the little things that count with me and the Allure had pistachios and walnuts for cereal in the morning. And anchovies for Caesar salad and pizza at night.
Is Molly the that won the position due to a chef's competition that was televised? Or am I thinking of another ship? Foods sound good, but not familiar with "fine dining" terms. That pistachio cake sounds great! Agree, many times it's the little things that please the most.
My friends didn't mention 150 Park Ave., and I didn't ask. I really don't know what would have pleased them, I never got the impression they were fussy before. Maybe part of the whole thing was the price they paid for their location.
Old August 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Familiar Face

Ok. On the epic there were several great restaurants that i enjoyed. I have got to say that i was not disappointed on these ships as well as the celebrity solstice.
Old August 25th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Celebrity is good, been on 2, but not Solstice.
Any nibbles on a cabin share? We seem to have our own conversation going.
Old August 26th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Familiar Face

Sorry to say no nibbles, but that's okay because the cruise I selected is an extracuricular activity. I am looking at some backup cruises as we speak in the same time period.

It's interesting to hear from other cruisers who share there experiences on cruises. They can be very helpful. I was on the last cruise for one ship and commented to one of my fellow cruisemates the sad condition of the ship. He told me that the ship was being sold and that this was its last cruise; a fact I did
not know. On the other hand I went on one of the last Celebrity cruises out of Baltimore because I found out about it and the fantastic rate for this cruise from a fellow cruisemate who publicized it on this site. The ship was in great condition and everthing was first rate.

Also I have had successful cabin shares in the past and they were adventures. The last ones on the Epic and Allure were the greatest. My cruisemate is off on another cruise so he was not available for this one.

By the way when I don't have any nibbles on cabin sharing for a cruise with a good price, I start to get suspicious about the cruise. It's like the stock market when you see prices on a stock drop, look for the reasons.