CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   I want to find an older lady cruise companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/384673-i-want-find-older-lady-cruise-companion.html)

Rossalind August 31st, 2011 02:00 PM

I want to find an older lady cruise companion

I would like to find an older single lady to share cabin and expenses. I am a 68 year old healthy single female. I love cruising but cannot afford the single supplement. I am searching for someone in the same situation. I live on the west coast, but I am interested in any and all cruises. I generally select an inside cabin because of price. I do not smoke but enjoy a glass of wine.

I am not a party animal but I very much enjoy meeting people from different countries and backgrounds.

Adventuresome September 1st, 2011 01:51 AM

Hi Rossalind - I, too, am looking for a cruise mate. I'm 68, and live in Oregon near Portland. I am healthy, single, and straight. However, I would not be comfortable in an inside cabin. On some cruise in my life, I'd like to have balcony. I don't smoke, and rarely drink.

I have been trying to find a cabin mate for a cruise to the New England/Canada for fall foliage season this fall. Are you interested in that trip? If you are, I'd love to hear from you immediately because it's getting very late to be planning a cruise for this fall.

Please email me at hilaryhutch@yahoo.com Hope to hear from you soon.

mlbray September 1st, 2011 08:39 PM

Hi Rossalind, I'm in Victoria BC, 66 wwf, love to cruise. I have a cabin booked on Mariner of the Seas, Oct 3 from Rome to Istanbul & Athens. Woudl you be interested in that one? It is an inside, deck 7, cost to you would be $736 + tips, and you'd have to find your way to Rome & home. Let me know if you're interested at mlbray@saturnacan.net

Rossalind September 4th, 2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by april1212 (Post 1390844)
Hi Rossalind,
I am looking for the same as you are. Read my post April1212, I live in Los Angeles, CA.
How about you?

I live in San Diego and Arizona. Perhaps we could meet sometime and chat.

What do you think?

Huntington Beach September 15th, 2011 10:39 AM

Hello fellow traveler

Hello,

I'm an older lady but I'm a year younger than you. I lost my husband 14 years ago and since then have been cruising. I'm always looking for someone to cruise with.

I'm a non smoker and a glass of wine every now and then. I can pass a background check in a heartbeat, and I have.

I usually do inside cabins, but I'd like to go on the Panama cruise with a balcony, that is the only one I would spend the $$$ on, since you have to fight off all the foreigners to see the canal.

Drop me a line.
Diane

Rossalind September 15th, 2011 12:41 PM

Hi Diane,

nice to hear from you, Panama is pretty well over for this year, but perhaps next year?
keep in touch
cheers Irene

ruthlessboss September 15th, 2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huntington Beach (Post 1392575)
Hello,

I'm an older lady but I'm a year younger than you. I lost my husband 14 years ago and since then have been cruising. I'm always looking for someone to cruise with.

I'm a non smoker and a glass of wine every now and then. I can pass a background check in a heartbeat, and I have.

I usually do inside cabins, but I'd like to go on the Panama cruise with a balcony, that is the only one I would spend the $$$ on, since you have to fight off all the foreigners to see the canal.

Drop me a line.
Diane

Panama canal is great,but a balcony should not be a requirement. I've been there, not full transit, but took an excursion on a 2 decker boat and went thru the locks. It was like a private viewing at water level, could see in ALL directions, not just the side the balcony was on. Food for thought

Huntington Beach September 15th, 2011 04:02 PM

Hello Irene,
I was thinking Panama in April of next year. All my friends still work, and the ones that don't, don't have the money for a cruise :(. Do you live in California?
Here is my email address. diankas@yahoo.com
Diane

Rossalind September 15th, 2011 04:10 PM

Hi Diane

nice to hear from you. Next spring sounds good. Do you live at Huntington Beach?.
I live in Arizona and San Diego

let's keep in touch

cheers Irene

liketotravel September 24th, 2011 01:29 PM

Cruise companion

Dear Rossalind,

I fit into the same category. I am looking for a companion for a repositioning cruise leaving Barcelona Spain 11/7/2012 on Grandeur of the Seas and arriving in Miami on 11/21. The cost is about $557.

Cruising is a wonderful way to see the world. Let me know if you have other destinations in mind.

Helen Anderson
Alexandria, VA
helenanderson67@yahoo.com

ruthlessboss September 24th, 2011 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liketotravel (Post 1393998)
Dear Rossalind,

I fit into the same category. I am looking for a companion for a repositioning cruise leaving Barcelona Spain 11/7/2012 on Grandeur of the Seas and arriving in Miami on 11/21. The cost is about $557.

Cruising is a wonderful way to see the world. Let me know if you have other destinations in mind.

Helen Anderson
Alexandria, VA
helenanderson67@yahoo.com

She'd still have to pay for flights from the west coast to Europe, then Miami to west coast! I see some of those cruises, but weigh in the flights, not worth it, not when I can cruise closer and more times.

Ready September 26th, 2011 05:53 PM

I am looking for a female that likes to walk, talk, eat, drink alittle, and be happy. I want to take a curise to Bermuda this Oct.I have been told i snore, but i promise not to keep you up.

ruthlessboss September 26th, 2011 06:00 PM

Sounds like you west coasters can start your own cruising group;)

hgtuch50 October 19th, 2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossalind (Post 1390144)
I would like to find an older single lady to share cabin and expenses. I am a 68 year old healthy single female. I love cruising but cannot afford the single supplement. I am searching for someone in the same situation. I live on the west coast, but I am interested in any and all cruises. I generally select an inside cabin because of price. I do not smoke but enjoy a glass of wine.

I am not a party animal but I very much enjoy meeting people from different countries and backgrounds.

Hi,

I'm 62 - not much of a partier either, do enjoy talking with people - very easy going person. Live in FL - have cruise planned for 12/02/2012 - 12/18/2012 from Rome to Ft Laud, FL - 18 days - oceanview - $2000 plus airfare and any excursions you want - It's the Pacific Princess - you can see it online - would like to share cabin with female

eimatthews October 21st, 2011 04:54 PM

hello Rossalind

It sounds as if I'm in the same "boat" as you; I'm 62, recently retired Uni professor (but not terribly academic); Social Security does not permit paying twice for a cabin. I also usually travel inside (unless there's a superdeal on), and am interested mostly (right now) in Central America /Panama, or South America (there was an amazing price on Holland America to Australia, but that's now gone!). There are a couple of departures -- Cunard Queen Victoria, January departing Fla, through Panama to L.A. (15 days? about $1500 each or thereabouts), plus a nice Holland America round Cape Horn (Chile to Rio or Buenos Aires) in january/February, I think. (I've forgotten the details, sorry.) I'm also a nonsmoker, occasional glass of wine or Margarita. There was something else on HA from San diego but I've forgotten what that was, also. Most of these trips would involve getting back home to the West Coast, or out to Fla (I live in AZ.).

Let me know if you have any alternative ideas (Iceland?)

Irene

funtravelpartner October 22nd, 2011 10:07 PM

Hi Would you be interested in going to Hawaii over Xmas and New Years? I have a friend that wants to go also and we could get three in a handicap cabin--I have done it before
and there is plenty of room--as four can stay in one fine. We are two older straight women that just want to cruise and enjoy. Look up my profile and let me know =
Ann Allen 954-588-9878

TirelessTraveler November 1st, 2011 06:25 PM

Hi Rossalind,
I am a 63 year-old female who loves to travel. In fact, I have a reservation on a "South American Splendors" tour: Valparaiso to Rio De Janeiro, one level category above inside stateroom, February 7-21, 2012. I am looking for someone to share the fare and have until November 9 to say yes or no to the cruise and still get deposit returned. I realize that this is really last minute, but if you are interested, please let me know, and I will be most happy to send you more details. I am also healthy, a non-smoker, and enjoy a glass of wine now and then myself.

EnchantedNM November 1st, 2011 09:13 PM

I am a 61 yr old single female. I signed up for a Mah Jongg Cruise on Holland America Jan. 14-28. I was told I could probably be paired up with someone. This cruise spends 4 days in Hawaii and 1 in Ensenada, MX. Departs from San Diego. Cost is about $1600 each. I have a nice cabin (with obstructed view) reserved. If interested I can be reached by email at ecuagatas@comcast.net. Thanks.

EnchantedNM November 1st, 2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

I am a 61 yr old single female. I signed up for a Mah Jongg Cruise on Holland America Jan. 14-28. I was told I could probably be paired up with someone. This cruise spends 4 days in Hawaii and 1 in Ensenada, MX. Departs from San Diego. Cost is about $1600 each. I have a nice cabin (with obstructed view) reserved. If interested I can be reached by email at ecuagatas@comcast.net. Thanks.

eimatthews November 16th, 2011 08:45 PM

Hi Rossalind :

I think I've written to you before. I want to share an inside cabin on a Holland America cruise out of San diego January 20 disembark Florida February 3 (I think); current price 1299 pp but may come down. Through Panama Canal with some interesting stops on the way. Please reply direct if interested, since I can't remember how the message board thing works : elizabeth.matthews@nau.edu. Tks Irene

debtz November 17th, 2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Hi Rossalind,

I am a 60 yo non-smoking female with a cruise already booked on Princess. I am looking for someone to share an obs. view cabin, port side, Empress deck, going from Santiago, Chile (South America) and returning to San Francisco, California. Leaves March 3, 2012 so final payment is due in full early December. 16-days for around $1175/pp w/o insurance or air. Would you be interested? I am easy-going, well-traveled but this would be my first trip to S.A. Not a partier, respectful, and quiet when needed. Please let me know as I would really like to do this trip but would like to share the cabin expense-wise. Contact me at debtz@mail.com

gingie December 3rd, 2011 06:45 AM

Quote:

Hi,
I too am a "senior" divorced female and I take about 4 cruises a year. I am an outgoing person, don't smoke or drink but love to have a fun time. I would love to visit China in 2012 and include a Yangtse River Cruise of about 3 or 4 days.
I am originally from New York but now reside in Israel. Would love to hear from you if you have any interest in a China tour, etc.
Riki

sandy101 December 4th, 2011 04:34 PM

i am 62 and would like to go on a cruise. write me at sclearyy@yahoo.com and tell me more.

debcanon December 6th, 2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

I am writing this on behalf of my sister. She is 52 and scheduled for a cruise on Carnival Liberty out of Miami on 5/5 for 7 days. 1/2 of the cabin would be apx. 650.00. We have a group of several couples and she is the only single. She is laid back and easy to get along with - does not drink or smoke.

JoyceM December 10th, 2011 02:27 AM

Rossalind - your message sounds like I could have written it. How about a cruise on the Celebrity Equinox leaving Fort Lauderdale on March 15, 2012. I live outside of Sacramento and love cruising, sightseeing, traveling, being active. Joyce

cruisejunkie2 December 16th, 2011 04:52 PM

Your post title cracks me up "Older lady"! I was thinking 80's!! You are still a young'un!

I am open to a cruisemate as well. Most of the posts are from November and the cruises posted have already come and gone. At this point, I am flexible as to where and when I can go. I, am REALLY young tho - 61 :) . I am a non smoker, non drinker, don't party much but enjoy a fun group of people. Be happy to provide more details upon contact. I will only consider an outside cabin though. Many of the cruises are offering upgrades to oceanview or balcony at the lower price. I live in S.C. so can drive to any port in FLorida. Short notice is o.k. I love repositioning cruises! feel free to contact me and we can talk. I have no cruises in mind or reserved at this time.

claire-loves-cruising December 21st, 2011 08:52 PM

Quote:

Hello,
I am interested in Costa atlantica sailing on March 18 for 10 days - Western Caribbean..I am holding an inside cabin on deck 7. Senior rate is $599 plus $33.63 taxes ($632.63)
I cruise alot, am neat, quiet and not a party person, non drinker, non smoker. I am a 67 year old female, slim and live in northern Ca.
Are you interested?

christianonthego December 25th, 2011 11:35 PM

How bout a trans-atlantic (miami to spain) in April

Hey Ro,
I'm a 50 yr old that has the same problem. I am a non-smoker and a lite drinker. I have a passport and I want to use it. :D I am ex-Army and did not leave the country...soooo there is no time like now. The fare was $570 last time I checked

ednotmilkman December 26th, 2011 12:36 AM

Rossalind has not signed into this site at all since Sept. 15, so all the other pps. need to start a new thread or reply to someone else !

joanneocnnr December 26th, 2011 09:47 PM

I've booked 7 days on the oasis of the seas for eastern caribbean on feb 2012 from ft. Lauderdale. It's the biggest ship in the world and i have a superior ocean balcony cabin. It's also a beatle tribute cruise. Should be loads of fun.

It's $1192 pp without ins.

Check out the itinerary on royal caribbean website.

Call joanna (440) 327-2785