Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 7th, 2011, 11:59 PM
First Mate

Default I smell a few rats here tonight

I probably should get hold of my own life and take a cruise with Ruthless, if she would have me. However, we both take our role as unofficial "seeking" forum police, seriously.

Here's what I see; Sereja, Janina and Justyna look very much like the same person to me. All three joined within 2 days, they speak with the same poor English grammar and Sereja is claiming to be posting as a favor to her brother who is a Russian police officer living with her in Miami. Like why can't he do his own internet post?? Unless you are excited about going with this guy who may speak no English at best and has his sister arrange his dates for him. So if you contact them - watch out and guard your credit card .

However if my hunch is wrong, I apologize and hope you take more time to express yourself more clearly and maybe ask a native English speaker friend to proofread what you want to say before posting here again.

what's your take on this one Ruthless?

We are here to help
Edwin
Sponsored Links
Old September 8th, 2011, 12:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Unless they are using REALLY good proxies their IP's jive with their posts. So we'll leave it at that.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 8th, 2011, 02:50 AM
Familiar Face

Wots dis den. We hav rats in de bilge eh...Brings out the ropes laddies we is goin to be havin a keeelhalin...Know dont u be a leadin me along lassies or laddies or wotever ye may be ...dont be promisin no sea croose and then up and way anchor on me zip up the wallets and batten down the visa

Ah pay no mind to an old salty like me Just havin me wee bit off fun now ye hear. And you be a memberin its rape, pillage and then burn yer git it in the wrong order and Ill be a hauling ye afore the mast now formthat mess

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Crazy life for me
Old September 8th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
I probably should get hold of my own life and take a cruise with Ruthless, if she would have me. However, we both take our role as unofficial "seeking" forum police, seriously.

Here's what I see; Sereja, Janina and Justyna look very much like the same person to me. All three joined within 2 days, they speak with the same poor English grammar and Sereja is claiming to be posting as a favor to her brother who is a Russian police officer living with her in Miami. Like why can't he do his own internet post?? Unless you are excited about going with this guy who may speak no English at best and has his sister arrange his dates for him. So if you contact them - watch out and guard your credit card .

However if my hunch is wrong, I apologize and hope you take more time to express yourself more clearly and maybe ask a native English speaker friend to proofread what you want to say before posting here again.

what's your take on this one Ruthless?

We are here to help
Edwin
Mornin', I read those and shake my head sometimes wondering why they post that way, or even use spell check, or correct their own spelling. Incorrect use of the language is possible due to the complexity of the English language as far as wording goes, but spelling can be fixed easily. I guess my father drilled correctness into my head while growing up.
So many inquiries are not for real, they are posted and I guess they just want to see if there's a response. Most that are very low in posts are the worst offenders, and if you check their statistics, most never come back on line.
So, we've become the FORUM POLICE, it must be our destiny to be precise, yet in my real life, I make mistakes. I just wish posters would take a moment to think first. Some answer to posts years old, dig into archives of things gone by, dates gone by, yet say "I'm ready to go".
I guess I'd better stop, I'm getting off subject and on a rant.
Old September 12th, 2011, 12:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Deputy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
Mornin', I read those and shake my head sometimes wondering why they post that way, or even use spell check, or correct their own spelling. Incorrect use of the language is possible due to the complexity of the English language as far as wording goes, but spelling can be fixed easily. I guess my father drilled correctness into my head while growing up.
So many inquiries are not for real, they are posted and I guess they just want to see if there's a response. Most that are very low in posts are the worst offenders, and if you check their statistics, most never come back on line.
So, we've become the FORUM POLICE, it must be our destiny to be precise, yet in my real life, I make mistakes. I just wish posters would take a moment to think first. Some answer to posts years old, dig into archives of things gone by, dates gone by, yet say "I'm ready to go".
I guess I'd better stop, I'm getting off subject and on a rant.
You could "deputize" me, then I could do all the mundane stuff
21 Princess

"You may have less scars, but I'll have better stories"

facebook.com/buggystuff

Friend me if you like!
Old September 12th, 2011, 01:26 PM
Familiar Face

I guess my question is if I'm gonna look for a cruise companion, what would y'all suggest?

Sweet
loves to cruise!

Old September 12th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrad View Post
You could "deputize" me, then I could do all the mundane stuff
Oh, goodie! Now there's 3 of us
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Cruise mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsublissa View Post
I guess my question is if I'm gonna look for a cruise companion, what would y'all suggest?
I personally would state what trip, when, male or female (big contention here), age.
Then, what are your expectations? You want a companion for dinner? Excursions? Or are you OK on your own?

You know yourself better than anyone you're bound to meet online, so be honest with yourself and honest with your prospective cabin mate.

I for one, am flabbergasted at how much trouble finding a cabin mate can be. After all, this "IS" a site for people whom really enjoy cruising and whom really don't like paying more.
And, I find it odd, that of the many, many people that I meet on board, that are nearly always in great moods, friendly and easy going, that there could be so many that are difficult to get along with as evidenced by "some" of the comments here.

Just my bit, *sigh*
21 Princess

facebook.com/buggystuff

Friend me if you like!
Old September 13th, 2011, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Oh, oh, is that me? (now, where's that smiley with the quivering lip) (difficult, me?)
Old September 13th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Familiar Face

So say I find someone to share one with, how do you set it up and stuff? Anyone done this before. Myself I'm laid back, but I do snore so I think that would knock me out of the running for alot of folks, lolol

Sweet
loves to cruise!

Old September 14th, 2011, 01:35 AM
First Mate

so you want some advice Sweetsublissa,

First of all, you need to click on the "start new thread" button instead of making a reply under this odd thread title of "I Smell a Few Rats". Then ask whatever you want as Gbrad said, about where you want to go, who you would consider going with and when. In your specific case, bring along a couple of new pairs of top rated earplugs for you new cabinmate to try if they might have concerns with your snoring. If you are desperate, you could even bring an air mattress and sleep on the balcony if your snoring is awful and you book a balcony !

As far as setting up the payment. If one person has already paid for the cabin, it might be easiest to just let the 2nd person bring cash in hand when they meet before boarding. Then the 1st person can call the cruise line to see if they can add you at check-in or whether they have to do it beofore that. If they don't show or don't have the agree cash, they don't go with you.

If neither has paid yet , then you can tell the travel agent and they will arrange for both of you to call separately to pay your half, or whatever amount agreed upon.

In my opinion, most of the weird people you might not enjoy going with will be people who can't write an interesting paragraph to impress you in the first place. Or if you call them on the phone -listen for the same thing

If you wanna go with me, right now I'm only looking for a short trip from Mobile, or maybe New Orleans or Jacksonville so I won't have to fly. But I would like to chat first to make sure we are friends and not just another person to go so I can save $300 . I'm always interested in cruising other places, like Hawaii on NCL, but would be more picky about getting to know you before deciding to spend more time and money.
Old September 14th, 2011, 06:08 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetsublissa View Post
As stated above, just link with one agent and each supplies the agent with required info. I would not exchange too much personal info with a stranger.
The agent will link the booking and go from there,

I see you are going Conquest Oct 9, is that with hubby? If you post for companions, start with a post under seeking companions. State what you hope for, that you are married, what accomodations you booked or hope to book, smoking or not, etc
Old September 14th, 2011, 06:55 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
so you want some advice Sweetsublissa,

First of all, you need to click on the "start new thread" button instead of making a reply under this odd thread title of "I Smell a Few Rats". Then ask whatever you want as Gbrad said, about where you want to go, who you would consider going with and when. In your specific case, bring along a couple of new pairs of top rated earplugs for you new cabinmate to try if they might have concerns with your snoring. If you are desperate, you could even bring an air mattress and sleep on the balcony if your snoring is awful and you book a balcony !

As far as setting up the payment. If one person has already paid for the cabin, it might be easiest to just let the 2nd person bring cash in hand when they meet before boarding. Then the 1st person can call the cruise line to see if they can add you at check-in or whether they have to do it beofore that. If they don't show or don't have the agree cash, they don't go with you.

If neither has paid yet , then you can tell the travel agent and they will arrange for both of you to call separately to pay your half, or whatever amount agreed upon.

In my opinion, most of the weird people you might not enjoy going with will be people who can't write an interesting paragraph to impress you in the first place. Or if you call them on the phone -listen for the same thing

If you wanna go with me, right now I'm only looking for a short trip from Mobile, or maybe New Orleans or Jacksonville so I won't have to fly. But I would like to chat first to make sure we are friends and not just another person to go so I can save $300 . I'm always interested in cruising other places, like Hawaii on NCL, but would be more picky about getting to know you before deciding to spend more time and money.
Thanks! Was just curious how it would work. After our Oct 9 cruise, I won't be able to cruise till after the 1st of the year. I'm having surgery 3 days after I get back. Friends are always good though and I agree that you would have to know someone some what, otherwise it could be disastrous. So feel free to chat away :-)

Sweet
loves to cruise!

Old September 14th, 2011, 06:58 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
As stated above, just link with one agent and each supplies the agent with required info. I would not exchange too much personal info with a stranger.
The agent will link the booking and go from there,

I see you are going Conquest Oct 9, is that with hubby? If you post for companions, start with a post under seeking companions. State what you hope for, that you are married, what accomodations you booked or hope to book, smoking or not, etc
Yes Oct 9th is with my sweet hubby, We're redoing our honeymoon cruise! So excited! Thanks for the input on the seeking companions, great thoughts, I had no clue where to begin. :-)

Sweet
loves to cruise!

Old September 14th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Oh, oh, is that me? (now, where's that smiley with the quivering lip) (difficult, me?)
Ha ha ha! Freud would say "hrmm...guilty conscience?"
Nah, of course not!
But you didn't answer me if you were going to buy me a drink in Miami Oct 1?
I'll have my cruisemate along, I can buy her one, then she can buy you one?
21 Princess

facebook.com/buggystuff

Friend me if you like!
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrad View Post
Ha ha ha! Freud would say "hrmm...guilty conscience?"
Nah, of course not!
But you didn't answer me if you were going to buy me a drink in Miami Oct 1?
I'll have my cruisemate along, I can buy her one, then she can buy you one?
What if I float you a drink coupon? Miami..4 hour drive (if don't get lost)

Where you going? With who? What time will you be home? We Moms have to know
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:20 PM
Cruise Maniac

Cool

Quote:
What if I float you a drink coupon? Miami..4 hour drive (if don't get lost)

Where you going? With who? What time will you be home? We Moms have to know
Just a short 4 day freebie, and turning in miles for air. Key West, Cozumel.
I've met her, and cruised the same ship, but not together yet.
We got along famously so I'm sure this will be wonderful also!

I'll be home Saturday, don't wait up
21 Princess

facebook.com/buggystuff

Friend me if you like!
Old September 14th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Okay, I can relax now