Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 8th, 2011, 11:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default Looking for female cabinmate

Looking for a cruise leaving between Sept 21st-26th right now. The earlier the date the more days I can cruise. I am interested in the Bahamas or Caribbean. I don't care where it departs from but have seen cruises from JAX and MIA that interest me.

I am 26 years old and don't drink or smoke. This will be my first cruise and I am just trying to keep the price down by going with someone else. I realize it is kind of last minute but maybe this will work for someone.
Sponsored Links
Old September 9th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Is it very strict to be female??
Old September 9th, 2011, 05:10 PM
Familiar Face

yes, I am only looking for a female roommate. I guess I should have also mentioned I would prefer someone 35 or younger so I feel like I could relate to them more. Looking for someone to show me the ropes of cruising I guess, not that it would be required we hang out or anything.
Old September 10th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Familiar Face

Booked solo, feel free to delete this posting
Old September 10th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoskins123 View Post
What did you decide on? Going solo can be enjoyable, do everything on YOUR time.
Old September 10th, 2011, 06:47 PM
First Mate

Quote:

Just because you already booked solo doesn't mean you can't add a 2nd later ! if you find one that is.

Edwin
Old September 10th, 2011, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
Just because you already booked solo doesn't mean you can't add a 2nd later ! if you find one that is.

Edwin
Yup, you can add someone, taxes will be added. My solo didn't wind up a solo.
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:48 AM
Familiar Face

Oh I was not aware of that, so someone else could go with me for just taxes now? Does it still work that way if I got an interline rate? I am very interested if this is the case.

edit: I did the 4 night Bahamas from JAX on Sept 22nd with Carnival. Got it for $398 with taxes and a promise that if the price drops again before the cruise they will move me to "main deck" whatever that means for free.
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:50 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Oh I was not aware of that, so someone else could go with me for just taxes now? Does it still work that way if I got an interline rate? I am very interested if this is the case.

edit: I did the 4 night Bahamas from JAX on Sept 22nd with Carnival. Got it for $398 with taxes and a promise that if the price drops again before the cruise they will move me to "main deck" whatever that means for free.
The reason for taxes only is you've already paid for passenger 2, right? (even though there is none). I booked at senior rate, my friend isn't, it required only 1 to keep the rate. I've seen others look for roomshare and state they can get interline rates.
As for moving you from your lower deck to a higher priced deck. If rates drop, you can move to a normally higher price room for what you paid for a lower deck room. The room you got is likely an inside on a low deck, which is fine, I've had them going solo. It provided "my space" at a low rate, and I got to go to the same places the high priced cabins went.
Old September 11th, 2011, 03:54 PM
Familiar Face

I just let one of my friends know after confirming with Carnival, they did say it would only be around $50 for her to be added to the reservation. Might end up going with someone after all, thanks for the heads up.