Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Familiar Face

Thumbs down HELP! 56/Male needs cruismate-Miami to Jamaica and Cayman Oct. 22 -27 Total

Hello, I am a 56 year old white male. I won this cruise earlier this year. Now I have to pay $268 per person, sometime this week. Looking for a responsible, mature male or female(Female Preferred) I need help! I cant afford to pay for 2. This is a very nice cruise,I No drugs or heavy drinkers. I am a honest, caring, loyal person and I dont drink. CALL ME!

Last edited by Steveinflorida; September 11th, 2011 at 12:30 PM. Reason: forgot cruise sailing date
Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

May I suggest stating the ship, sailing date, itinerary and stateroom accommodation type to possibly receive more responses ?

Good Luck in finding a travelling companion

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:04 PM
Admiral

If you WON the cruise, what's the $268 for?
Old September 11th, 2011, 04:53 PM
Captain

probably port charges/taxes and processing fee's charged by whomever they "Won" this "Free" cruise with !

"January"
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 11th, 2011, 05:24 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2cruiz View Post
probably port charges/taxes and processing fee's charged by whomever they "Won" this "Free" cruise with !
That's likely it, and he fell for it. One can book a regular cruise for that!
Those scams are out there in full force, but some people really believe it. The ONLY way I'd pay that amount is if it was a suite. Way to high for port fees and taxes on what was briefly described.
Old September 11th, 2011, 06:13 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
That's likely it, and he fell for it. One can book a regular cruise for that!
Those scams are out there in full force, but some people really believe it. The ONLY way I'd pay that amount is if it was a suite. Way to high for port fees and taxes on what was briefly described.
I suspect it is a 5 - 7 night cruise based on the ports of call mentioned so in reality, they probably ARE getting the "cruise fare" for free (or almost). It may not be as bad a deal as you elude to without more info from the OP (if he cares to disclose everything) !

A 5 - 7 night cruise for that $268.00 p/p price is not really possible when factoring in the cruise fare, port charges and gov't. taxes and fees. :eek:

"January"
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Quote:
I suspect it is a 5 - 7 night cruise based on the ports of call mentioned so in reality, they probably ARE getting the "cruise fare" for free (or almost). It may not be as bad a deal as you elude to without more info from the OP (if he cares to disclose everything) !

A 5 - 7 night cruise for that $268.00 p/p price is not really possible when factoring in the cruise fare, port charges and gov't. taxes and fees. :eek:
Taxes on my 5 nighter (which is what the OP has) is $79 pp. Taxes on my 7 nighter is $90 pp.
Old September 11th, 2011, 08:52 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
Taxes on my 5 nighter (which is what the OP has) is $79 pp. Taxes on my 7 nighter is $90 pp.
Cruise fare and port charges i.e. non commisionalbe fare (whether you seperate them or bundle them together is no matter) are going to push well over that $268.00 when you factor in the taxes per your info above..... sorry, but a 5 or 7 night cruise cannot be done in most cases for that $268 p/p amount, even in an inside stateroom !

3 or 4 night cruise for those prices of $268.00 p/p.... maybe more of a possibility....but only in the off season !

Sorry to disagree with you.

In the end... that $268 p/p may in fact be a better deal than YOU realize !

"January"
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:44 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Cruise fare and port charges i.e. non commisionalbe fare (whether you seperate them or bundle them together is no matter) are going to push well over that $268.00 when you factor in the taxes per your info above..... sorry, but a 5 or 7 night cruise cannot be done in most cases for that $268 p/p amount, even in an inside stateroom !

3 or 4 night cruise for those prices of $268.00 p/p.... maybe more of a possibility....but only in the off season !

Sorry to disagree with you.

In the end... that $268 p/p may in fact be a better deal than YOU realize !
You are not disagreeing with me, we are on 2 planes of thought. I'm not speaking of cruise fare included. The OP states he won the cruise, it's a 5 nighter, that makes it free. I'm questioning the $268 charges pp he's being asked to pay for that "free" cruise. My 5 nighter is base rate plus $79 taxes pp. Why is his free but extra fees $268 pp ? I think he needs to read his paperwork.
Old September 12th, 2011, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Umm Time Share ?

Smells like a free cruise from a Time Share ?
Always beware of any thing free
BTW Where has the OP gone ?
Old September 12th, 2011, 04:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek520 View Post
Smells like a free cruise from a Time Share ?
Always beware of any thing free
BTW Where has the OP gone ?
He's around. Was online at 8:30 today.

Either the post was another flyby or we embarrassed him.

I think it was a timeshare thing, although they now advertise it's not. It falls under the word vacation club, still have to buy into it with annual fees.

Come back poster, we are behind a computer screen and won't attack you (physically). Remember, we are all anonymous.