Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2011, 10:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default tours of Luca/Pisa and Pompeii/Amalfi Coast

Hi, we are a couple from NJ and this is our first cruise on the Oceania. We're looking for some fellow cruisers to share a few tours:

We are on the Oceania Marina leaving from Rome on October 21.

We have started a group on Share a Shore Excursion in Italy for Pisa/Luca. Anyone interested can go to the website and find the Oceania Marina group for Marge D and sign on.

We also have a private guide for Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast who was highly recommended by friends. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send you information.
Sponsored Links
Old April 23rd, 2012, 03:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hmmm...I do not know about this "share a tour" website. Where is it and how do I get to it? Thanks!
Ronda/rondamike@msn.com
Old April 23rd, 2012, 05:50 PM
Admiral

Just a thought on the Pompeii tour, I would urge you to take a look into Ercalona/Herculaneum. It is a smaller site but unbelievably well preserved & still being excavated today.
2 of the many reasons to look here (apart from it's far less crowded) is that it is already in decay having only been discovered again in the 1980's or 1990's, so may not be around for your next visit, and there is a museum there which actually houses most of the artifacts from the Pompeii site. But check if that museum is now open to the public.

Please take a look at Herculaneum travel guide - Wikitravel and Herculaneum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, I think you will find it food for thought.

Alan & Katrina

Next: Queen Elizabeth December 2014
Followed by: Minerva April 2015

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(6), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

My life's dream was to see Pompeii, but, after speaking to the excursion desk, decided on Herculaneum, due to the site being smaller,and easier for me to get around. If anyone in the group, has any walking issues, this could be an option. Every inch was amazing and we were walking on history, literally...I was there last May,and loved every minute of our cruise. Enjoy your exursions,and have a great cruise.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; April 23rd, 2012 at 07:57 PM.
Old April 24th, 2012, 04:07 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trip View Post
My life's dream was to see Pompeii, but, after speaking to the excursion desk, decided on Herculaneum, due to the site being smaller,and easier for me to get around. If anyone in the group, has any walking issues, this could be an option. Every inch was amazing and we were walking on history, literally...I was there last May,and loved every minute of our cruise.
Hi Trip, I am glad to hear that you also found this 'gem' and rated it. Your comments about mobility are also very well made, Katrina's aunt & uncle went to Pompeii and despite both being fit found it too much (especially with no shade in the Summer heat) and came away with that negative memory rather than amazement. As you said, you are literally walking on the streets that you know the people fled along to what was the water front to try & escape - all very sad.

Alan.

Next: Queen Elizabeth December 2014
Followed by: Minerva April 2015

History :
Golden, Grand(2), Caribbean, Sea(4+1 aborted)
Adonia(4+2), Arcadia, Artemis(2), Aurora(5), Azura(2), Oceana(3), Oriana(11), Ventura(2), Victoria(5)
QM2(2), QE2(9), QV(6), QE, Caronia(2), Minerva II, Fred.Olsen(8), NCL Jade, =X= Eclipse, HAL Ryndam, Aza.Journey
Old September 27th, 2012, 08:58 PM
Familiar Face

Default Don't Miss Lucca!!!

Don't miss Lucca!! It's a 25 min (?) train ride from Pisa....but well worth it. I visited there in 2010 (a childhood friend now lives in Bangni di Luca). We met in
Lucca. Great place for lunch. Beautiful church. Awesome!

Susiestone