CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   SWF Seeking Christmas Cabinmate (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/385299-swf-seeking-christmas-cabinmate.html)

SeekingRoomate October 4th, 2011 10:02 AM

SWF Seeking Christmas Cabinmate

Hello, I'm a 22-year-old female looking for a cabinmate for a cruise my family and I are taking this December. Since I will be spending most of my time outside the cabin, I don't care about gender, sexuality, or age as long as you're respectful of me and my things and of sharing a cabin. That said, I'm an early riser (~5-7am), but will be very quiet if you're still asleep.

My family is looking at the Norwegian Gem departing out of Manhattan, NY on December 18th and returning on the 25th at 8am (7 nights). It's my parents and me, so I will need a roommate. The cruise is ~$450 for an inside stateroom and ~$499 for an outside (no balcony). I've posted the itinerary below and can PM you more details about the cruise if you're interested.

Thanks,
Sydney

ITINERARY

DAY DATE PORT
Sun Dec 18 New York (Manhattan), NY
Mon Dec 19 At Sea
Tue Dec 20 Port Canaveral, FL
Wed Dec 21 Great Stirrup Cay, Bahamas
Thu Dec 22 Nassau, Bahamas
Fri Dec 23 At Sea
Sat Dec 24 At Sea
Sun Dec 25 New York (Manhattan), NY

anniegb October 4th, 2011 12:53 PM

Christmas Cruise??

You disembark on Dec 25th - sorry I call that a pre-Christmas cruise. JMHO you are misleading folks unless Christmas is not Dec 25th in the USA.

Annie

SeekingRoomate October 4th, 2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anniegb (Post 1395434)
You disembark on Dec 25th - sorry I call that a pre-Christmas cruise. JMHO you are misleading folks unless Christmas is not Dec 25th in the USA.

Annie

Hi Annie,

I'm sorry that you felt my post was misleading, I didn't intend for it to be. I consider "Christmastime" to run from the day after Thanksgiving to January 1st (that's when I have my tree up), so didn't think twice about calling the cruise a "Christmas cruise." Even though the cruise disembarks on Christmas day, there are festive-themed decorations and activities on board.

I can see how the title could cause confusion though, I've never posted on this site before, so thank you for the advice. I've reposted my thread with a more descriptive title.

Happy sailing!
Sydney

James88 October 24th, 2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeekingRoomate (Post 1395466)
Hi Annie,

I'm sorry that you felt my post was misleading, I didn't intend for it to be. I consider "Christmastime" to run from the day after Thanksgiving to January 1st (that's when I have my tree up), so didn't think twice about calling the cruise a "Christmas cruise." Even though the cruise disembarks on Christmas day, there are festive-themed decorations and activities on board.

I can see how the title could cause confusion though, I've never posted on this site before, so thank you for the advice. I've reposted my thread with a more descriptive title.

Happy sailing!
Sydney

Have you found a cruisemate? I am so interested in travelling, and so, I would like to go with you if you have not gone.

I am over 40 gentleman with PHD and MBA degrees, and GM position in a research field. Now I live in Washington DC.

You can send me a email with Jameleo888@gmail.com.

So I hopy your reply to me ASAP.

Thanks.

James