CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Considering World Cruise for 2013 (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/385693-considering-world-cruise-2013-a.html)

Dave K October 27th, 2011 04:47 PM

Considering World Cruise for 2013

We would appreciate getting any advice/suggestions from anyone who has gone on a World Cruise within say the last 1 or 2 years. We've cruised to the Caribbean, New England/Nova Scotia and Alaska, but a WC seems like a much different animal. We would appreciate any help with which line, which time of year, destinations, types of accomodations, etc. We're starting from square one. Thanks in advance.

johnthed0g October 27th, 2011 05:00 PM

Where are you starting from?

earl October 28th, 2011 05:51 PM

Wish i could go on a world cruise, I would not be able to miss work for 3 months and Could not afford the price of a world cruise!

CarlYoungCPA September 4th, 2012 11:49 AM

I am interested in round-the-world out of Sydney 5/20/2013 for 104 days on Sun Princess. Do you want a cabin mate?

storybookcruises.com September 4th, 2012 02:25 PM

While we've never been on a world cruise ourselves, we've sold a few of these and after living vicariously through our clients, it's definitely on our bucket list.

There are several to choose from and it really depends on where you want to go and what you want to see since the itineraries are quite different.

For example, last year we had a client who wanted to spend 6 months traveling around the world. Since that's not doable on any one ship, we booked them on a 3-month cruise around the world on one ship, then transferred them to a different cruise line and ship for another 3-month itinerary. The first one did a more northern route, while the second one did a more southern route. They only hit a port two times on a couple of occasions, but they were entirely different itineraries making for a wonderful cruise.

The best advice is to book early! These cruises tend to sell out and the earlier you book, the better the pricing and the better your choice in cabins. And obviously for something like this, you want a good cabin in a good location.

And speaking of cabins, that really is a personal choice. (What one person likes, another will hate.) It depends on what you want, what you're use to, and of course, how much money you want to spend. Can you take 3 months in an inside cabin? Do you want to pay a huge difference just to have a balcony?

Lots of things to consider. My suggestion would be to begin by listing all the places you've always wanted to see. Then make a list of ports that do not interest you. Then give these lists to your agent and let them do the research for you and present some options for your consideration.

Pete

sailorman57 February 25th, 2013 07:59 PM

hi carl
i found a wc from ft lauderdale jan3 thru may 113 days on holland america
inside cabin was 20,000
im prepared to do a large segment of it alone i hate paying double i could afford the whole trip if i had a room mate
tom

AZCRUISER65 April 15th, 2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailorman57 (Post 1465610)
hi carl
i found a wc from ft lauderdale jan3 thru may 113 days on holland america
inside cabin was 20,000
im prepared to do a large segment of it alone i hate paying double i could afford the whole trip if i had a room mate
tom

I know some one that took the 2013 WC on the Holland America Amsterdam. I would love to go on the 2014 WC with Holland America. I would also entertain a cruise buddy. I am retired and active 72yo that loves to cruise. I do not smoke and only drink a glass of wine on special occasions. I am easy going and enjoy meeting people and seeing new places.
If you would like more info please email me at rl4309@powerc.net. I live in Arizona.
Bob