Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2011, 05:23 AM
Familiar Face

Smile Dag nabbit. Hey matey! Let's Go.

12 nights departing January 14, 2013 on
Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas

DAY DATE PORT ARRIVE DEPART
Mon Jan 14 Baltimore, MD 4:00pm
Tue Jan 15 At Sea
Wed Jan 16 At Sea
Thu Jan 17 Labadee, Haiti 8:00am 4:00pm
Fri Jan 18 San Juan, Puerto Rico 2:00pm 10:00pm
Sat Jan 19 St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands 8:00am 5:00pm
Sun Jan 20 St. Maarten 8:00am 5:00pm
Mon Jan 21 Antigua 8:00am 5:00pm
Tue Jan 22 Tortola, British Virgin Islands 7:00am 4:00pm
Wed Jan 23 At Sea
Thu Jan 24 At Sea
Fri Jan 25 At Sea
Sat Jan 26 Baltimore, MD 7:00am

I'm looking to escape the daily doldrums and save a little $$ by finding a like-minded cruisemate.

My short Resume:
Non smoker, non snorer, early riser, occasional drinker
Very mellow, respectful and easy to get along with.
A selective partier
Adventurous
Fun person
Wacky sense of the absurd
Limited baggage
Cunning intelligence
Education: Master of Innuendo and Snappy Comeback degree.
Single, straight, white, widowed, male seeks cruisemate. I do enjoy delectable dining, live music and watching the karaoke, enjoy the poolside relaxation and hot tubs, fun foods, outdoor movie screens, iconic scenes, secret beaches, exotic snorkeling and other essential luxuries. I really enjoy it all! I am flexible on arrangements. Just looking for another male or female adventure cruisemate - any age, no preference at all, to share and avoid single supplement cost of a cabin.
If you think this could be a match for a cruisemate. Let's do this and have a great time. Message me back if you would be willing embark on this adventure cruise.

P.S. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain
Sponsored Links
Old December 1st, 2011, 01:34 AM
Familiar Face

Default Checking my schedule will contact you. Send email address

Checking my schedule. Send email address.
Old December 1st, 2011, 04:23 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ken45 Send a message via MSN to ken45 Send a message via Yahoo to ken45

Would you have any other dates & would you be interested in a Celebrity cruise?
Old December 16th, 2011, 06:45 AM
Familiar Face

Do you still need cruisemate?

Tue Jan 15 At Sea
Wed Jan 16 At Sea
Wed Jan 23 At Sea
Thu Jan 24 At Sea
Fri Jan 25 At Sea

I'm looking to escape the daily doldrums and save a little $$ by finding a like-minded cruisemate.

My short Resume:
A selective partier
Adventurous
Fun person
Limited baggage
Cunning intelligence
Single, straight, white, widowed, male seeks cruisemate. I do enjoy delectable dining, live music and watching the karaoke, enjoy the poolside relaxation and hot tubs, fun foods, outdoor movie screens, iconic scenes, secret beaches, exotic snorkeling and other essential luxuries. I really enjoy it all! I am flexible on arrangements. Just looking for another male or female adventure cruisemate - any age, no preference at all, to share and avoid single supplement cost of a cabin.
If you think this could be a match for a cruisemate. Let's do this and have a great time. Message me back if you would be willing embark on this adventure cruise.

P.S. “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain
Old December 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesawastin View Post

Tue Jan 15 At Sea
Wed Jan 16 At Sea
Wed Jan 23 At Sea
Thu Jan 24 At Sea
Fri Jan 25 At Sea

My short Resume:
A selective partier
Adventurous
Fun person
Limited baggage
Cunning intelligence

---Mark Twain
single male aged 48 Indian healthcare professional happy to be cabin mate
please reply if interested.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:06 PM
Admiral

My question would be...If it's to escape the daily doldrums, why are you planning for over one year away?
Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:41 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
My question would be...If it's to escape the daily doldrums, why are you planning for over one year away?
Perhaps they already have cruises booked in 2012 ???
Really doesn't matter why they are seeking a companion in 2013 to me and I wish them luck in finding the purrfect cabin mate !

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:03 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2cruiz View Post
Perhaps they already have cruises booked in 2012 ???
Really doesn't matter why they are seeking a companion in 2013 to me and I wish them luck in finding the purrfect cabin mate !
True. Maybe they meant 2012 and it was a typo! But to wait over a year to escape daily doldrums sounds strange.
Old December 23rd, 2011, 09:35 PM
First Mate

It's obvious he means Jan 14, 2013 when you look it up on VTG. Just a bit early for most folks to buy into the offer, but then you would have time to meet the guy on land for something short.

Edwin
Old December 24th, 2011, 06:29 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
It's obvious he means Jan 14, 2013 when you look it up on VTG. Just a bit early for most folks to buy into the offer, but then you would have time to meet the guy on land for something short.

Edwin
First, I don't look up every cruise people advertise. Info should be up front with this in general.
My point was.....if he needed to get away, the way the post headline was written, why wait a year? It sounded like he was in a hurry!
I know many people plan in advance on some offers.
Old December 24th, 2011, 01:28 PM
Captain

Send a message via AIM to fun2cruiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
First, I don't look up every cruise people advertise. Info should be up front with this in general.
My point was.....if he needed to get away, the way the post headline was written, why wait a year? It sounded like he was in a hurry!
I know many people plan in advance on some offers.
And the travel date is right in your face in the beginning of the OP's post !

"January"
Blizzard Flavored Treat & Cake Of The Month
"Strawberry CheeseQuake"
Old December 25th, 2011, 09:59 AM
Familiar Face

First. I only suffer the doldrums very rarely. I figure I will have an attack of the doldrums in 2013 that's why I advertised for a cruisemate a year ahead. I also have to plan a full year ahead because my life is filled with activity and I live each day to the fullest.

Second. In order to gain the most responses from a listing the persons who prepare a cruisemate desired listing. This is another way to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Its called AIDA. A is for attention. You have to get attention. Next you have to develop Interest and draw the person into the message. The person who tells all in the heading loses the reader's interest in about two seconds. D is for desire make the person want it - make the proposal attractive. Show only the good side not the blemishes. Next get them to go to the Action stage. Most people just scan the listings look at the ship and the date and make the decision to proceed and take action. That's fine. So now the person doesn't know if there might be another cruise that the cruisemate might be interested in taking. Boo hoo the opportunity to find a cruisemate is blown. The next step is the problem of cruisemate compatibility. This gets into the listing of the good qualities of the cruisemate to make it desirable to cruise with this person. That's the answer to the critique of the person who only reads listings for cruises and the cruise dates.

Third. When you do a cruisemate listing that generates interest among the cruisemate board. You have top influencers commenting on the listing and "suprise suprise," as Gomer Pyle would say you leap to the top of the cruisemate listings and you get your listing more attention than if you simply had a dull listing. And the best thing about it is that it is like a monkey trap. If you ever want to catch a monkey in the Borneo jungle you get a coconut and you cut a hole in one end put some rice in the hole and tie the coconut to a tree. The monkey sticks its paw in the hole to get the rice and grabs the rice. It makes a fist to capture the rice. Unfortunately for the monkey it can't get the rice because it will not open its fist. So the monkey has to hang around waiting for the trapper. A good listing will trap the interested influencers who comment and they will continue to kick the listing to the top of the board.

Fourth. People read a cruisemate desired listing more thoroughly when it contains interesting and inviting information . A longer listing increases the opportunity for a better response.

Five. There is the residual effect or shrapnel effect of a long-time range cruisemate ad. Possible cruisemates will contact you throughout the year about the crusie and they may make inquiries about other cruise opportunities. I have found this out through experience.

Opps. I'm at the top of the cruisemate list again. I have to run and answer cruisemate inquiries.
Old December 25th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fun2cruiz View Post
And the travel date is right in your face in the beginning of the OP's post !
And I've seen people advertise here with the WRONG date. If you read them ALL, one read for a companion for a cruise date that had gone by. After it was brought to their attention, it was rectified!!!

So, keep your snide comments to yourself!
Old May 11th, 2012, 02:30 PM
Familiar Face

Default dag nabit

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesawastin View Post

Tue Jan 15 At Sea
Wed Jan 16 At Sea
Wed Jan 23 At Sea
Thu Jan 24 At Sea
Fri Jan 25 At Sea

My short Resume:
A selective partier
Adventurous
Fun person
Limited baggage
Cunning intelligence

---Mark Twain
I am interested in cruise. Send info in oct.