Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2012, 05:12 PM
Captain

Default So how would purchasing a cruise with an online roomie work?

Can the cruise line bill each of you separately, how does that work? I'm not particularly worried about finding someone I don't get along with but what if they don't show or can't pay or whatever...

Please excuse me if this is a dumb question lol

Last edited by aerospace; January 28th, 2012 at 05:38 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2012, 06:00 PM
Admiral

Hard to answer as there are many variables. My roomie was from another state, we linked with one vacation planner, he billed us separately. The variables are in timing of a cruise so payment is made by the other. We knew in advance when we were going, so had a buffer time to cancel if needed. She sent me the deposit, I started the process, but I was already acquainted with her. Another time with someone else, we booked with a 3 way conversation with the planner. Of course there has to be trust. I doubt if I really answered your question.
Old January 28th, 2012, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruthlessboss View Post
Hard to answer as there are many variables. My roomie was from another state, we linked with one vacation planner, he billed us separately. The variables are in timing of a cruise so payment is made by the other. We knew in advance when we were going, so had a buffer time to cancel if needed. She sent me the deposit, I started the process, but I was already acquainted with her. Another time with someone else, we booked with a 3 way conversation with the planner. Of course there has to be trust. I doubt if I really answered your question.

Ruthless

Good answer.

Use a TA - both parties pay the Cruiseline via the TA independently (that way you can keep your financial IDs private).

If one party has not paid by an agreed date -the other party can cancel without incurring any costs.

I would further advise if you have to make flight reservations, wait until after final payment date has passed.

But to echo what Ruthless says, trust is key.

Annie
Old February 4th, 2012, 10:54 PM
Familiar Face

Dont travel agents have a fee and are they able to get the same price for the cruise?
Old February 5th, 2012, 04:16 AM
Admiral

1. I have never paid a TA a fee.

2. I normally pay less for a cruise via a TA.

3. TAs earn commission on sales.

Annie
Old February 11th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to yuneekme

Hi. Thanks for asking those ?'s, I'm new to this. New to cruising even, let alone trying to find a roomie to share cost. I was also wondering how it worked.
Old February 11th, 2012, 05:36 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to scgamecock

I cruise with a buddy sometimes and we get on a 3 way phone call with our Carnival PVP. She gets my cc info, his cc info and books us. Another time, I had already paid for the cruise and he just brought me cash for his half.
Old February 12th, 2012, 09:55 PM
Familiar Face

hi! new also! never cruised but am actively looking for a cruise and someone to share the room. keep me posted if you find something good!
Old February 25th, 2012, 02:06 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi there,
I have cruised with 2 roommates I have found on-line. The cruise ship billled separately with no problem. Both of my roommates were good. I think it's important to get to know them a little first with email/phone calls to know what their expectations are.
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Familiar Face

Default Hi Siamese

Hi there,
I have cruised with 2 roommates I have found on-line. The cruise ship billled separately with no problem. Both of my roommates were good. I think it's important to get to know them a little first with email/phone calls to know what their expectations are.

In reply to your above response...where did you find your 2 cruise roomates? As I have had no luck finding someone who wants to plan a cruise so far. Just keep getting responses back from people who have already booked a cruise and want me to split their cost.
Old February 25th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilith View Post
Hi there,

In reply to your above response...where did you find your 2 cruise roomates? As I have had no luck finding someone who wants to plan a cruise so far. Just keep getting responses back from people who have already booked a cruise and want me to split their cost.
Flexibility is key to getting a response. If you have a specific cruise in mind or cabin category etc - you restrict your reponse rate.

I have room shared in the past but currently I can buy a cabin with very low or zero supplement. If I can continue to do that, I certainly would not cabin-share even though my experiences were good.

Annie