Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2012, 10:41 PM
Familiar Face

Default 62 yr old female looking for a cruise buddy

Hello!
My mother loves cruising. She does not like paying the extra price for a single room. She would love to find a cruise buddy.

She is 62 years old and loves beaches. She wakes up early; sometimes even catches the sun rise. She does enjoy sleep. She does not smoke and may only drink a glass of wine. She enjoys dinners and loves to veture off the ship to find beaches. She loves snorkeling and sitting on the beach reading her books. She also enjoys the jacuzzi and sitting on the deck reading her book or people watching. She does not walk a lot. She may be caught watching a comedy show or a game show. And may even go upstairs for the midnight buffet.

We live in central Florida and she is flexible with dates.

We would love to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2012, 01:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi,
My name is Sandy and I just saw the posts on cruisemates. I’m also looking for someone who just LOVES cruising. My friends who can afford to cruise either don’t like to go cruising (imagine that) or they are still working and would rather vacation someplace else.

My husband enjoys cruising every now and then but would rather spend his time outdoors climbing, skiing, and playing in the Colorado mountains. I want to go more often than he does so I need a cruisemate.

I’m 63, retired, and love the ocean; just watching the waves is peaceful. I don’t drink, smoke, do drugs or party. I enjoy reading, relaxing, and getting to know people and would like to visit with anyone looking for a shared cabin mate.

I keep thinking we on cruisemates should have an email list available to those who want a cruise buddy, because it seem as though the posts are for people who have a cruise booked and needs someone ASAP. Sometimes the airfare/ground transportation is higher than the cruise under the ASAP conditions. Just a thought.

sandysue212@hotmail.com
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:18 AM
Welcome Newcomer

I am a 60 year old divorced single from south florida and love to cruise. Always interested in sharing a cabin if possible. Please email me at ldyprofsr@aol.com for further discussion. Thanks.
Old March 31st, 2012, 10:07 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi. i am 60 years old and looking for a women to chare a cabin on a trasatlantic in april or may.
I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner some times but am not a drinker...dont smoke.
I wnt a balcony and work as a travel agent and can find good rates for this trip.
Email me at ezteak@gmail.com
Thanks. I would love to talk to your mom about this trip.
Thanks! Maureen
Old March 31st, 2012, 11:38 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Issella View Post
Hello!
My mother loves cruising. She does not like paying the extra price for a single room. She would love to find a cruise buddy.

She is 62 years old and loves beaches. She wakes up early; sometimes even catches the sun rise. She does enjoy sleep. She does not smoke and may only drink a glass of wine. She enjoys dinners and loves to veture off the ship to find beaches. She loves snorkeling and sitting on the beach reading her books. She also enjoys the jacuzzi and sitting on the deck reading her book or people watching. She does not walk a lot. She may be caught watching a comedy show or a game show. And may even go upstairs for the midnight buffet.

We live in central Florida and she is flexible with dates.

We would love to hear from you.
Hi,
Just read your post and your mother and I have similiar interests. I like to read, relax and enjoy dining and a glass of wine. I do not swim. I live in Philadelphia, PA. I am African American female (I only mention that in case it might matter to some), a widow, age 75 (more like 60) and very sociable. I would like to travel in July, for any 7 day cruise on any 5 star ship. Would love to hear from you if there is any interest at all.
zenobia_dancy@comcast.net.
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:02 PM
Familiar Face

Wink Aries29

I have a cruise booked, subject to cancle due to losing my friend recently, unless I can find someone willing to join me. Life is short and I love to cruise.
Already lost my husband and too many friends. I am a 60 yr old female widow. I am able to share time with others on the cruise or be on my own. I am both independent and flexible. I do enjoy meals with a cruise buddy and excursions if interests are the same. The cabin is a balcony and I promise the rate is cheaper than single inside. The room is no smoking, but the balcony allows smoking. I don't care if someone smokes or drinks. Just be a kind person. I have traveled with 5 different persons in past 3 years without a problem.

If interested, contact me. aries29@embarqmail.com

Here is the cruise:

Holland America - Westerdam, departs 10/4/12, 30 nights

Day Date Port or Activity Arrive Depart

Thu Oct 4 San Diego, CA 5:00pm
Fri Oct 5 At Sea
Sat Oct 6 At Sea
Sun Oct 7 At Sea
Mon Oct 8 At Sea
Tue Oct 9 Lahaina, Maui, HI 10:00am 11:00pm
Wed Oct 10 Honolulu, Oahu, HI 8:00am
Thu Oct 11 Honolulu, Oahu, HI 5:00pm
Fri Oct 12 Hilo, Hawaii, HI 8:00am 6:00pm
Sat Oct 13 At Sea
Sun Oct 14 At Sea
Mon Oct 15 Cross International Dateline (Cruising)
Tue Oct 16 Fanning Island, Kiribati 8:00am 5:00pm
Wed Oct 17 Cross International Dateline (Cruising)
Thu Oct 18 At Sea
Fri Oct 19 Rarotonga, Cook Islands 8:00am 5:00pm
Sat Oct 20 At Sea
Sun Oct 21 Raiatea, Society Islands 8:00am 6:00pm
Mon Oct 22 Bora Bora, Society Islands 7:00am
Tue Oct 23 Bora Bora, Society Islands 5:00pm
Wed Oct 24 Moorea, Society Islands 7:00am 6:00pm
Wed Oct 24 Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands 9:00pm
Thu Oct 25 Papeete, Tahiti, Society Islands 3:00pm
Fri Oct 26 At Sea
Sat Oct 27 Nuku Hiva, Marquesas Islands 10:00am 6:00pm
Sun Oct 28 At Sea
Mon Oct 29 At Sea
Tue Oct 30 At Sea
Wed Oct 31 At Sea
Thu Nov 1 At Sea
Fri Nov 2 At Sea
Sat Nov 3 San Diego, CA 7:00am
Old April 9th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Sandy,
I saw your reply to the other posting, and am in a similar situation. 64, love cruising, and need some one to share the cost of the room. I usually read, sometimes play bingo, talk, hang by the pool, and love the shows.

Was trying to plan something for late Mary or June, or even July this year, in Europe. There is also a transatlantic cruise on the Queen Mary 2 for about $700.

Mary
blehlwalsh@hotmail.com
Old April 12th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi !
I am seeking a cruise companion too,
uscruisercalifornia@yahoo.com
Old April 12th, 2012, 07:19 PM
Familiar Face

My mother is in Florida and is looking for a cruisemat to leave from the east coast. Are you interested?
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:19 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I was last on the Celebrity Summit out of San Juan; a week around the Caribbean islands.
I shared with a wonderful lady. She has gone off to Europe now. I am now interested in a cruise preferably out of New Orleans in the western Caribbean/Gulf.
To start with I'd appreciate a picture of your Mom. What I'm looking for is someone who is clean, has a sense of humor, is fairly active and is considerate of others.
My e-mail is salman1943@yahoo.ca
Old April 18th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Familiar Face

Hello, We live in Florida and she is hoping to find a cruise that leaves from our home area. I would love to provide you with some more information if you are interested in leaving out or Florida. Let me know. I hope you had a great time out of San Juan! We love P.R.
Issella
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello:
I love to cruise also. I am 72 but in good health and very active. Most of my friends
are in their early 60's.
I'm in Arizona, but will be going back to Montana next week. I am looking cruise companion, to share a room ~ but I don't need to be cared for. I'm a non smoker, non drinker, fun person to be with. Lets talk about it.
Thanks ~ Judy
Old April 19th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Familiar Face

Hi JSSOY,

Please let me know how I can contact you.

Issella
Old April 20th, 2012, 03:02 PM
Familiar Face

jsjoy -

I live in WA state & am interested in a China cruise in 2013. I sent a PM (personal message) to you.
Old May 7th, 2012, 05:51 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default hi from fort Lauderdale

i am looking for a female cruise mate
4 or 5 day cruises from fort Lauderdale or miami
let me know if you have an interest
richard
fortLaud1@aol.com
Old May 9th, 2012, 05:14 AM
Familiar Face

Hi,
I love to cruise also but can never find anyone to cruise with. I'm 55 and not a beach person but would like to find someone to be a cabin mate at least. I have done one solo cruise. I don't smoke, drink a little and I do snore! If she would be interested I am trying to find someone to cruise on a southern caribben cruise and to the western caribbean on the Allure of The Seas next year. I might only do one of them next year but it would be nice to not pay double. Thanks
PS: I also live in central FL
Old May 11th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Familiar Face

Hi!
Thank you for your response. How can my mother contact you. She is interested.
Issella
Old May 14th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Familiar Face

This is my general age group (female, 62, non-smoker, non-drinker) so I'll check in too. I've booked a cabin for this August from Amsterdam to Barcelona and am looking for a female cabin mate. This cruise is chartered by A Prairie Home Companion (public radio) with host Garrison Keillor and has several stops around Spain. I enjoyed last year's cruise and decided to go again. It tends to be a very nice group of people. The ship is the Holland America Ryndam. Anybody interested, please contact me.
Old May 15th, 2012, 07:55 AM
Admiral

I've been wanting to chime in on this posting for some time, I too need a roomshare. The problem is my current commitment to caring for my ex who has cancer and don't know what direction the disease will take, he's very ill.

My interests don't fall on beachy things, I don't wish to be joined at the hip, but yet still be connected to someone. I am a smoker, so needless to say, a balcony is my choice, but not JUST for that reason. I find the 4 and 5 nighters to work well for me, and preferably from Canaveral, but would consider all ports except Miami. Also, prefer not to sail in summer, I sweat it out enough here in central Florida.

So, maybe a future cruise is possible. My income is limited, so I'm a bargain hunter. I'd like to do a more exotic cruise, and might some day, but I don't want to return to going back to work to replenish my finances. I'm a retired 67 y.o. nurse.
Old May 15th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Familiar Face

I am a 68 year old female and enjoy traveling esp cruising. I am active and like doing almost anything. I live in Nevada. It would be enjoyable to haVE A CRUISE BUDDY.