Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2012, 06:12 PM
Familiar Face

Default Europe or transatlantic in fall 2012

Very young 60ish female, seasoned cruiser looking for roomate for a European or transatlantic in Oct to Dec 2012. Prefer small ship or luxury but will consider all if itinerary is good.
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2012, 02:42 PM
First Mate

Well, I have a possibility, though I have doubt whether you would consider the itinerary to be good. I did a transatlantic Ft. Lauderdale to Southamton in April on the Grand Princess and at the time intended to fly back and do the return trip on the same ship in November. However, I did not enjoy the cruise as much as I have other transatlantics on HAL, so I am debating whether to spend the money for the cruise, or just waste my return air ticket. My thought right now is to wait until the last-minute tickets go up for grabs in late July or early August, and see if I can get a deal. Even then I would need a cabin mate, though. Would you like to talk about it?
Old May 28th, 2012, 06:28 PM
Familiar Face

had a look at the transatlantic on Princess for this fall and they are all much higher priced than Celebrity ......which I would prefer in any case. I will not do "inside"

Nov. 30 Constellation oceanview $869.00 from Southampton
Oct. 27 Eclipse o/v $999 from Southampton
Nov. 26 Equinox o/v $1039 from Rome
Nov. 18 Reflection veranda $999 (cheaper than ocean view) from Barcelona
Dec. 01 Silouette Veranda $1278. from Rome

Not sure if you have to go on Princess but if not then one of the above might appeal.
Old May 29th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Transatlantics

Shipster is correct about Celebrity TAs. Best quality and deal out there. Was on Grand in its first year, not a quality product. Did Ruby TA couple yrs. ago when all the cheap seats on X were sold out.Food , lectures etc. just marginal.Try em!
Old May 29th, 2012, 12:23 PM
First Mate

The trip in April was my first on Princess, and as I said, I was not impressed. I had no way to know if what I didn't like was because of the ship, or systemic throughout the line.

I'm open to other lines; I've only been on Celebrity once, but enjoyed that one. It will cost me an additional $320 to change my air reservation, though, which pretty much negates any difference in cruise cost; and as a Carnival Corp. shareholder I get a nice shipboard credit on HAL or Princess.

Of the ones Shipster listed, the Oct. 27 would probably be the only one I'd be interested in. Between Nov. 15 and the end of the year my family has 8 birthdays and three anniversaries, plus Christmas of course. Busy time.
Old May 29th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Would a 12 day Black Sea cruise on Cunard QE interest you sept 30? Good rate right now.I'm a single 55 year old female. Let me know.
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Familiar Face

SisterSolo Please let me know if you do decide to take the Grand Princess return.
I am interested in this ship for the Trans Atlantic and then the 2 different back to back 7 day Caribbean to follow. I am waiting till the price drops though and do not plan to book until the time it does. Thanks.
Old May 31st, 2012, 09:08 PM
First Mate

Officially the Nov. 3 transatlantic on the Grand is sold out except for a suite, too rich for me. However, sometimes things become available once the "pay the balance" time arrives. I'll be watching, and if an inside or outside comes up I'll probably do it.
Old June 10th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistersolo View Post
The trip in April was my first on Princess, and as I said, I was not impressed. I had no way to know if what I didn't like was because of the ship, or systemic throughout the line.

I'm open to other lines; I've only been on Celebrity once, but enjoyed that one. It will cost me an additional $320 to change my air reservation, though, which pretty much negates any difference in cruise cost; and as a Carnival Corp. shareholder I get a nice shipboard credit on HAL or Princess.

Of the ones Shipster listed, the Oct. 27 would probably be the only one I'd be interested in. Between Nov. 15 and the end of the year my family has 8 birthdays and three anniversaries, plus Christmas of course. Busy time.
Sistersolo
turns out the 27th is too early for me...thanks for your interest
Old June 28th, 2012, 09:06 PM
Familiar Face

Default cruise

Telll me more about you and the cruise you plan to go on.

sclearyy@yahoo.com
Old June 29th, 2012, 12:58 AM
Familiar Face

sandy 101..the cruises that are of interest to me are:
Nov. 30 Constellation oceanview $729 (55 rate) from Southampton
Oct. 27 Eclipse Balcony $899 (cheaper than ovean view)from Southampton
Nov. 26 Equinox Balcony (cheaper than Ocean view)$1099 from Rome
Nov. 18 Reflection $899 ocean view (55 rate) $999 Balconyfrom Barcelona
Dec. 01 Silouette Balcony $999 (55 rate) from Rome

all these cruises end in Fort Lauderdale or Miami. These are great prices and may not be around for ever...so let me know if any interest you. My preference for dates are Nov. 26 and Dec. 01