Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:02 PM
Familiar Face

Default hi i need some help

i am 54 a widower, cruised 7 times but now by myself. going back out on sept 2 royal carribean freedom of the seas (great ship) from port canaveral looking for partner prefer female. no strings attached. just want to get back out there, and save money. i need some honorable advice. how can you get together with a partner and not be cheated in the seperate paying between the 2. how is that process usually handled. just asking thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

I can only give some advise on the business end: If you use a TA they could collect from the two individuals so neither would have to be the 'lead' contact. The Cruise line will not allow you to split the payment so one could get burned if the other didn't pay their share.

Good luck.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Dream-Caribbean-7/13/2014, Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Familiar Face

what is a TA thanks
Old June 30th, 2012, 11:45 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

TA = Travel Agent

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Dream-Caribbean-7/13/2014, Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:02 AM
First Mate

hi mountain top,

Snoozeman is right. It is no problem to give credit card info to a TA.

It's really not that hard to tell if the person you are thinking of going with is trustworthy unless they don't have the same language and background as you. Just talk and listen to them on the phone a lot, and also if they are a frequent poster on cruisemates THAT is a good clue they are for real unless they say weird stuff.

Lots of times one person, ( maybe you if you like to book early) books the room solo ahead of time so youthe 2nd person just promises to show up with cash in hand. Or after 1st person has indeed booked the room on the cruise line web site and added 2nd person to the booking, you2nd person could mail them a check.

Last edited by ednotmilkman; July 1st, 2012 at 12:09 AM. Reason: stupid me, didn't read snoozemans post carefully
Old July 1st, 2012, 07:07 AM
Admiral

I've booked with a roomshare. The booking was completed with use of a booking agent. Each person completed their own part of the transaction.

Another time, I went with a trusted associate. I started the process with an agent with the downpayments, she mailed me her check. I had previously met this individual while solo, we both needed a cabin share. We've since cruised twice. While on our shared cruise, we met other solos, and now my friend is going to Alaska with others.
Old July 1st, 2012, 12:05 PM
Familiar Face

I agree the best / safest option is to have each party pay seperately through a travel agent - banks will send checks through twice before notifying someone it is not valid. You potentially could not know that until after a cruise.

Also, the cruise line will generally put all room costs on the one credit card the initial cruise was booked under. Be sure on the First day, that you & your travel companion contact the front desk to be assured that each room card has a seperate Credit Card number attached to purchases.

NEVER front money to someone who "assures" you they will pay you back later - no matter how much you want to go on the cruise...would probably be cheaper to simply pay the Solo rate.
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:13 AM
Familiar Face

thanks for the time, and help
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:14 AM
Familiar Face

thanks for the time , and help
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:15 AM
Familiar Face

thank you for the help
Old July 2nd, 2012, 04:24 AM
Familiar Face

well thanks for the tips men. going out to have a good cruise no matter what. thought it would be better with someone. i just moved back to state of mi. most friends are still working, i have retired. i believe $650 will pay your way. plus room attendant. prefer a woman but not necessary. i no longer dress up. no strings attached, lets just enjoy the week for a good price. go our own way most times. create new times. anyone interested in this cruise???
Old July 2nd, 2012, 10:46 AM
Familiar Face

thanks for your time and help
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Admiral

have you checked to see if there is a reduced supplement rate for solos?
Old July 7th, 2012, 05:29 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountain top View Post
well thanks for the tips men. going out to have a good cruise no matter what. thought it would be better with someone. i just moved back to state of mi. most friends are still working, i have retired. i believe $650 will pay your way. plus room attendant. prefer a woman but not necessary. i no longer dress up. no strings attached, lets just enjoy the week for a good price. go our own way most times. create new times. anyone interested in this cruise???
Don't give up on a companion yet Mountain Top ! Come back once a week and add another reply to your original post saying you are still looking for a nice roommate. If I was you, I wouldn't say right off that you don't dress up any more though; bring one nice suit; that's one of the easy ways to make a memorable impression (dressing up and acting like you enjoy being on top of the world again).
Old July 7th, 2012, 06:17 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednotmilkman View Post
Don't give up on a companion yet Mountain Top ! Come back once a week and add another reply to your original post saying you are still looking for a nice roommate. If I was you, I wouldn't say right off that you don't dress up any more though; bring one nice suit; that's one of the easy ways to make a memorable impression (dressing up and acting like you enjoy being on top of the world again).
Oh, you're such a romancer
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Familiar Face

there is, but not alot. i am using a certificate for the 1st time. i am a member of crown and anchor with RC. i will save some. could save more with a partner. thanks!
Old July 8th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Familiar Face

i did enjoy the dress up. but it would depend on who i was going to be with. it will be someone new. extra packing for 5 hrs. thanks for the advice. i guess i will try again, and better explain myself, and the cruise. freedom of the seas is my ship. this will make 4 on the freedom.
Old July 9th, 2012, 05:43 AM
Admiral

Dress up needs only to include a pair of pants, shirt and perhaps shoes. ( Not a whole lot of extras), who knows who you'll meet on board