Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:44 PM
Familiar Face

Default lorsin's dream cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by atldavidw View Post
I'm not a female nor over 60. SGWM 56 interested in the meditteranean cruise.
Hi, I am 61, female, and really want to cruise the meditteranian, I live in Australia, and cannot find a site like this here, but like the idea of new friends from other countries, look up Royal Carabbean, out of Barcelona, for 12 nights, I have a quote for early September, 2013, through an American travel agent, which may be all booked up very soon, or looking at 2014, if that is the case. Interested?
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:36 PM
Familiar Face

Default Interested in Greece and Istanbul

Hello:

I'm 65, recently retired Mental Health Professional. Married (husband prefers
to stay home with the dog). I live near San Diego. Have been on 46 cruises.
I'm always ready to go to the Greek Islands, Hawaii and Mexico. Have not been to Istanbul or Lisbon, (but would like to). Been to Alaska 3 times, Europe
3 or 4 times. Know my way around Athens (including inexpensive great hotel).

I'm intereted in Culture, Lifestyle, Antiques, Shopping, Crafts, eating locally, and
comprehensive bus shore excursions. In good health and totally able to
enjoy walking a new city.

SusieStone
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Familiar Face

Hello:
Great Cruise choice! I've been to Greece/Greek Islands/Mediter. three times. Ready to
go again.
I'm 65, recently retired Mental Health Professional. 46 Cruises so far. I like Eating
locally, Art, Antiques, Crafts, exploring new cities on foot, bus, etc. Married, husband
prefers to stay at home with the dog.

Looking for a cruise sooner than 2014 2014.

SusieStone
Old October 8th, 2012, 03:45 AM
Familiar Face

Default lorsin's dream cruise

Well, i just lost my friend as a cruise mate, should not have got my hopes up, as she often procrastinates, so if any female interested in the royal carabbean, 4th/16th sept 2013; I think I shall have to go it alone, as have my heart set on going. 62 yrs young Aussie lady, non smoker, minimal drinker, love live theatre, reading, Tai Chi, site seeing, and looking forward to exploring the ship and all ports of call!
Old October 15th, 2012, 09:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Looking to share a balcony cabin!

I am a 60+ married female who loves to travel and cruise. As my husband would rather stay home to walk our 3 dogs, I am looking for a cruise companion who would share a balcony cabin.

I am easy going and love a great sense of humour. I am a smoker and a non-drinker although I don't mind if you drink socially. I am an avid backgammon player, love card games and reading. I really enjoy cooking and trying new foods.

I am retired from my own business and now enjoy living in the country by the lake. I have 3 grown sons and 3 grandchildren that I adore!

I am currently looking to book a 41 day cruise on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas leaving from Galveston on April 21, 2013 and ending in Singapore. Some of the ports include Madeira, Gibraltar, Barcelona, Egypt, Cruising the Suez, Dubai, India and Malaysia. I have found a very reasonable special promotional price which even includes airfare!

If this sounds interesting to you, please contact me.

Cheers!
Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile

Hello, I am a happy healthy retired single woman, age 62, widowed almost ten years, former stand-up comic, college administrator, social scientist, writer, editor, seeking someone who can share a two-bedroom or a large balcony suite (if the cruise has many "at sea" days); inside cabin OK (if the cruise is port-intensive); any destination is OK with me. A themed cruise sounds enticing as well. I always wanted to cruise with G. Keillor or Diane R., but never did get around to it. I love to eat and laugh and sing and meet and talk to new people, especially folks from around the world.

I'm entirely through with love (not in a bad way...it just so happens), so I won't be looking for love, romance or magic. It's OK if that's what you want to do. I'll back you up and protect you from the crazies if need be.

Can travel b2b for a two-week trip or longer or shorter, but not any shorter than a 7-day.

I like great bargains and can manage cruising last-minute when the prices plunge, and then bid on Priceline for the airfare. For now, preferred ports are any that are in Florida, because I can combine the cruise with a visit to see my family before or after (Eastern and Southern Carribean locales, Europe to include Rome). But any other port is OK, too. Wouldn't mind a repositioning cruise or transatlantic. Got my eye on inside passage cruise to Alaska, too, out of Seattle if possible, and would also love to return to Hawaii.

Just want to avoid the unseemly prejudicial single supplement and share hotel expenses (at least one night in embarkation port) as well as the costs for the cruise. I like doing my own thing in ports but of course would be willing to do things together, such as share meals and maybe enjoy a show or two together, but I'm mostly a solitary person and I like it that way. I'm neat, clean, considerate, generous, and flexible, not needy or demanding and hope for same in potential travel mates. My leanings are liberal, progressive, open-minded, global, tolerable and charitable.

When you wish to cruise: anytime but Jan-Feb-March
Where you hope to go: anywhere but not western Carib
How long a cruise you want to share: 7+
Your ideal roommate: good sense of humor, goes with the flow, kind, considerate, clean, respectful, generous, self-assured, independent, smart, mannerly, gracious and light of spirit
Personal details about you other people should know: good sense of humor, goes with the flow, kind, considerate, clean, generous, self-assured, independent, smart, mannerly, gracious and light of spirit. I love food, wine, fun, and bargains
Any other details (favorite cruise line, what you expect to spend, etc.): negotiable on both; I'm a huge planner, so if we decide on a cruise in the future (2014 or 2015), it would be my pleasure to look into excursions and research possibilities for us both.

I also think, once we decide you're not mean, nuts or stingy we might Skype so that we can size each other up even more.

Thanks, and I hope all good things come to you, whether our paths cross or not!
Old October 24th, 2012, 02:17 AM
Familiar Face

I am replying to the post from Shantih on the first page.:Please let us know how your cruise was if you went, and if you got a cruisemate. I would have LOVE to gone but at the time wasn't possible darn. Maybe next year!

Hit reply to post and didn't realize there was another page to this LONG thread!

Last edited by cruisejunkie2; October 24th, 2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:10 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddashin View Post
I am looking for one or two people interested in going on the Carnival South American cruise. The first one leaves Los Angeles on February 5th. The second leaves on February 20th.

The cruise is very reasonable and I want to do all of the cruises if I can. My cabin mate does not have to do both but can if they wish.

Please email me privately because I do not always get notice that messages have been posted.

Thanks

Maddashin
I am already booked on the first leg of that cruise, Feb 3-20, in a fairly cheap cabin, and my friend has backed out. It would cost you about $1200 AND you would have the cabin too yourself the last 5 days as I am getting off in Lima on Feb 15. You would have to decide soon, because I cannot pay for this on my own and need to cancel by Nov 7th. I am a young 63 female, non-smoker, average weight, self-employed in a seasonal business. I would not expect you to do any activities with me, but would be open to collaboration! Please contact me ASAP.

Last edited by SHERRI49; October 26th, 2012 at 11:12 PM. Reason: I am new to this website, so I am not sure how this works
Old October 26th, 2012, 11:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Cool Looking for companion feb 3-20 long beach to chile

I am new to this website, so I'm not quite sure how this works. I am already booked on the first leg of a repositioning cruise that ends in New York. I have a fairly cheap cabin, Feb 3-20, and my friend has backed out. It would cost you about $1200 AND you would have the cabin too yourself the last 5 days as I am getting off in Lima on Feb 15.

You would have to decide soon, because I cannot pay for this on my own and need to cancel by Nov 7th.

I am a "young 63" female, non-smoker, average weight, self-employed in a seasonal business. Graduate degree. Social drinker. Straight, liberal. Love to meet new people & do new things. I would not expect you to do any activities with me, but would be open to collaboration! Please contact me ASAP by direct email.

Last edited by SHERRI49; October 26th, 2012 at 11:33 PM. Reason: This is Carnival Splendor, Long Beach to Santiago, Chile
Old November 18th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Familiar Face

Cruise & Maritime Voyages Cruise Holidays.. Fantastic Deals and Offers Available Now
Iceland and Faroe Islands 11 nights out of Edinburgh June 19, 2013.
I like an outside cabin. This is on the Marco Polo, a former icebreaker.
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:26 PM
Familiar Face

Like this 60+ option of posting for cruisemates.... retired and can take longer cruises .. looking at South America and Australia and NZ in the near future. Some good deals out there. Get in touch with me if interested.
Hanna
Old December 10th, 2012, 05:26 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi - looking for a cruise mate, F, 45, from FL (work Disney) ... had a broke BF who I finally kicked to the curb & tired of waiting for fam or friends who say they want to go but can't commit when I find a great deal. I'm still fairly new to cruising (RC & Disney) but really enjoy it. I'm in much need of a break from stress at work. Any interest in a Jan/Feb 2013 cruise?
Old December 14th, 2012, 09:58 PM
First Mate

Default Let's go to Rome in April

I'm looking for someone to pair up for an eastbound transatlantic, Apr. 14, fifteen days on Celebrity --- cabin type of your choice. Right now insides are $699, up to $999 for a concierge-level balcony (that's a bargain). Approx. $120 in taxes/fees additional, but $150 OBC per person. It's an interesting itenerary, but of course will include a week of continuous sea days.
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:24 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyceenergtic View Post
I am a single female aged 79' but fit and active. I would like to go to the Easter Carribean, flying from UK, for about 14 days in February/March 2013. I am a non- smoker, like a glass of wine, love exploring but would be happy to just share a cabin or share activities. One of the cheaper options on cabins.
Joyce Kerslake
message to JOYCENERGETC

I am planning a cruise thru the Panama Canal, ending either in California or in Florida during March or April 2013. Is that something that would interest you? I am also coming from Europe.
Gingie
Old December 22nd, 2012, 03:36 AM
Familiar Face

Default Cruises from singapore or hongkong to japan

Is anyone interested in this destination? The ports include Beijing, Shanghai and South Korea. It should be a much less exhausting vacation than travelling thru China on Tour busses.

I am a 65+ retired female and looking to share the cabin expenses. I am a non-smoker and I don't drink, but I love to dance and have a good time.
I am very independent and don't mind doing excursions on my own.

If you are interested, would be happy to hear from you.

Gingie
rikihart@gmail.com
Old December 27th, 2012, 09:07 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi, I am a 66 year old white male non-smoker, non-snorer and social drinker looking for a roommate, male or female for the 36 day cruise from Los Angeles to New Zealand, returning to Los Angeles on the Queen Elizabeth. Discounted rate right now, under $100 a night. It leaves Feb. 4th, 2013. It stops at many Pacific Islands besides 4 stops in New Zealand. Are you still interested in taking a South Pacific Cruise. Please let me hear from you. Thanks, Jim
Old January 6th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi

I am sbf, and I would like to when you plan to take the trip, and the cost, any other particulars that a cruiser needs to know
Old January 11th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyceenergtic View Post
I am a single female aged 79' but fit and active. I would like to go to the Easter Carribean, flying from UK, for about 14 days in February/March 2013. I am a non- smoker, like a glass of wine, love exploring but would be happy to just share a cabin or share activities. One of the cheaper options on cabins.
Joyce Kerslake
Hi joy
How does. Flying from London to caribbean and joinng the Azura on 21 nights back to. Southampton 14 march 13. Inside cabin 1199 pp including flights. I,m widowed non smoker can drink but choose not to. Like a laugh, clean.considerate, independent, if interested.
Angie
Old January 20th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Familiar Face

Default Hawaii Princess cruise February or later

Anyone interested in a Princess cruise LA to Hawaii in February or perhaps other Princess cruises at a later date?
Am a 64 year old friendly and easy going lady - love cruising.
Please email to discuss how we may be able to make a match.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Galapagos anyone???

M/W/F rapidly approaching 60 would like to go to Galapagos/Ecuador this Aug/Sept. I enjoy people, snorkeling, nature & learning. I am easy going, respectful & up to any adventure. Anyone interested?
Old February 2nd, 2013, 03:14 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello ladies - I am a 53 yo female widow (like to hang out with older folks). I would love to find a lady to share room expense for a cruise in May. I'm looking at the Norwegian Pearl 7 day pacific coast followed by 7 day Alaska. I tend to be quiet, but love adventure, enjoy dancing, oldies music, and an occasional glass of wine. I have not booked anything yet so would be open to another cruise in this time frame (May 1 through 24).
Old February 5th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Oya-Sophia.
I just read your post ,and I think we would be a perfect fit.
I am 60,and live in S. Fl.
Old February 13th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyaSophia View Post
I'm 53, female and retired. My best buddy, with whom I have been cruising for the last 15+ years, is no longer able to travel, unless she brings her 2 year-old granddaughter. So, I'm in search of a new cruise partner.

I'm interested in anything from a short 3-4 day cruise to the Bahamas - all the way to a world cruise. (I would want us to try one or two shorter cruises first, just to be sure we're a good fit.)

I'm fairly fit, but I don't do super active excursions like zip lines, scuba or rock climbing. But I'm also perfectly happy for my roomie to go off and do those things on her own. I would like to have a fairly consistent dinner companion, though I enjoy anytime dining and joining other groups for variety and meeting new people.

I don't smoke. I drink wine with dinner on some nights.

I am Platinum on Princess. I have also cruised with Royal Caribbean. I'm open to other cruise lines, particularly if you are at a level that affords us some extras.

I enjoy reading, playing cards, crochet, Bingo, cooking classes, conversation, history, historical sites, museums, markets, gorgeous views and laughter.

In my work life, I was in higher education administration. I also served as an alcohol & drug counselor and provided marriage and family counseling. In my retirement, I try very hard not to administer anything or counsel anyone. But obviously, I would prefer to travel with someone who does not have issues with alcohol or drugs and is fairly stable and low key.

If you think we might travel well together, please send me a private message.

Thanks!
Hi,
I have just returned from the Westerdam and would like to book a cabin on the 11night Greek Isles cruise on the Eurodam. Hope to hear from you.
Marilyn from CT
Old February 19th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default How about 90 fabulous days cruising the world ladies!

Hi, I am looking for a nice, fun buddy to join me on the Dawn Princess in July 2013 - a fantastic cruise for 90 days. The cruise goes from Sydney to Sydney and has an amazing itinerary. If you are not an Aussie resident, this is a wonderful opportunity to combine a cruise with the chance to experience beautiful Sydney as well (I would be happy to show you around). If you are an Aussie resident - what are you waiting for?!!

I am pretty laid-back and just enjoy having a good time, whilst respecting other people's privacy, space, choices and opinions. I am looking for a cabin/travel buddy who is of a like disposition. I am not a needy traveller, but it is nice to do stuff together and to enjoy a drink, meal etc, it just makes the trip more enjoyble and memorable.

Have managed to get an amazing deal on an inside cabin for this cruise, so why not go into the Princess Cruises site and have a look then, if you like the idea, you could contact me.
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:42 PM
Familiar Face

Default I'm near Port Canaveral

I will be 60 in July and would like to take a cruise soon, out of Port Canaveral. I am a 3 time past cruiser on Carnival but would like to try another cruise line. I do not drink or smoke and am tidy. I mainly want to go to do some photography, since that is my profession. I also like to work out for about an hour either daily or every other day, depending on how much food I have consumed. I do not snore and am fine going my own way or doing something together.
Old February 21st, 2013, 05:44 PM
Familiar Face

jimfwilliams: I believe this thread is for women.
Old February 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM
Familiar Face

Who cares if he is a man. I don t think he is looking for love. He is over 60 and seems to be decent. I spoke with him.

Maybe a cruise with him and a womoan on the board whould work out and the link could be called the love boat!

I have been contacted with some pretty questionables. Plus, gotten stuck so i am cautious now.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Seeking cabin mate NYC to Caribbean in Spring

I'm thinking of NCL but am flexible. Am quiet, 60, but love to attend activities, excursions, classes.
Old March 3rd, 2013, 02:38 AM
Welcome Newcomer

hello jules. I have come across your post while also looking for a cruise buddy,the cruise I wanted to be on is Sea Princess world tour it leaves 20th may 2013 also does sydney to sydney but goes via america, haevnt checked out the prices as i didn't think i would find a buddy, but here you are. how about a chat to see if we can work something out, I will be 65 in april, not the overactive type, but easy going clean and tidy give anything a go, and really need company to do this trip, especially for the cost, also some one to go out and about with.look me up on facebook(much easIer)Joy Endicott Ulludulla nsw.please respond so i know you have read this thankyou Joy
Old March 6th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorsin View Post
Hi, I am 61, female, and really want to cruise the meditteranian, I live in Australia, and cannot find a site like this here, but like the idea of new friends from other countries, look up Royal Carabbean, out of Barcelona, for 12 nights, I have a quote for early September, 2013, through an American travel agent, which may be all booked up very soon, or looking at 2014, if that is the case. Interested?
Hi,
I am about to book a cabin on the Dawn Princess World Cruise leaving Sydney 3/7/2013. This tour covers quite a lot of the Mediterranean with two whole days in Venice, which is the main reason I want to go. The tour is 90 days and covers 40 ports and is value for money due to discounts but can only get inside or restricted view cabins. I am looking for a female 50 - 70 non smoker preferably.
Whitmona