Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Deals. Cruise Questions and Answers! > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2018, 07:01 PM
Familiar Face

Default Dec 8 2018 Carnival Breeze

Seasoned cruiser, needs roomie to split the cost. I am mwf, does not snore, enjoys everything the ship has to offer, as well as the ports of call. Does not have to be joined at the hip, just wanting to avoid the solo charge. cinderellafwb1@yahoo.com
Old March 5th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Familiar Face

Default World cruise 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannier View Post
I'm also looking for a Cabinmate for a World Cruise. I'm a widow, 63, in good health and retiring in 5 months. I'm looking at the HAL 113 day trip in January 2019 or 2020. I don't drink or smoke. Someone to eat meals with would be good. Maybe a short trip together first would be good.
Are you still looking to do a world cruise? Queensway64@yahoo.com
Old March 14th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulAction View Post
Thank you for posting his thread. I will be seeking a cruise mate for world cruise in 2019. Most likely on the Cunard line, leaving from SF or Honolulu for about 3 months. Hope to find someone 60's who enjoys recreation and nature, easy going, and loves to cruise!
Looking to do a world cruise in Jan 2020, is that too late fior you? Cathy
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshachey View Post
Hi my name is Kathleen Hachey, 52, straight female, actually married with four kids. Based out of Vancouver, BC
Would love to go on any 7 day cruise preferably departing from the west coast. Otherwise, wide open to travel suggestions!
Thx!
Hi Kathleen. I'm interested in cruising out of the west coast as well. I'm a retired 61 years young straight female, married with 3 children and 2 grandchildren. I'm based in the Vancouver area as well. Hubby hates cruising and I love it so looking to share the cost of the cabin. I'm independent and like to do my own thing but would enjoy sharing meals or outings if convenient. Also open to other travel suggestions and can usually leave last minute. Feel free to email me at fangio405@gmail.com. P.S. I am told I snore sometimes but I don't believe it. Also, I'm a non smoker, social drinker and my roommate would have to be a non smoker as well as I am sensitive to smoke.
Old March 20th, 2018, 12:25 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Viola, I just found this site today My name is Yasmin. I had plans to go on a 29 day cruise on Oceania starting on September 27 , 2018 with a friend but she decided she cant do it at this time. It starts in Vancouver (Alaska portion) than California, Mexico, Panama Cannal , Cuba and ends in Miami. I am a widow 61 y old love crusing, love Alaska, like smaller more personal ships. Looking to share a cabin inside or outside- This cruise with the OLife choice ( which includes free internet and air travel and either 7 excursions per person or $700.00 credit per person is around $7200.00 p/p. Open to other cruises/ possibilities- just let me know what you have in mind. I live in Los Angeles. Thank you,
Old March 20th, 2018, 08:26 PM
Familiar Face

Default Carnival Breeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by iltutcruiser View Post
Seasoned cruiser, needs roomie to split the cost. I am mwf, does not snore, enjoys everything the ship has to offer, as well as the ports of call. Does not have to be joined at the hip, just wanting to avoid the solo charge. cinderellafwb1@yahoo.com
Hi

What category cabin are you interested in? I am a widow who loves to cruise that hates the single supplement. Love the Breeze but need at least a oceanview would rather a balcony.

Have nothing booked for this year spent some time in Europe last year with NCL but really enjoy Carnival.

Email me at Pat208SC@Gmail.com and we can chat

Pat
Murrells Inlet, SC
Old April 5th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Looking to go on a world cruise leaving Jan 2020. Checking out itineraries and pricing now. Many cruise lines don't have the 2020 itineraries posted yet so I am going off 2019

Looking for a room mate to share cabin expenses. I am 54 and single and want to embark on this round the world adventure. Not looking for a companion. Only for someone to share costs. I don't intend to be in the cabin much at all. I would even consider a male cabin mate depending on circumstances.

The cruises I am looking at range from 99 - 120 days and inside cabin share price starts at $17k - $24k depending on cruise line an itinerary. I am not considering the cruises that are above that in price.

Any one interested?
Old April 8th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default 10day Baltic Cruise

May 4, 2019
Baltic Area
10 days
MSC Posia
Im very flexible so I could room with about anyone.
I am a 63 year old widow. Non-smoker who loves to travel. I am interested in pretty much everything. Maybe not super physical activities but anything else! Looking for a cabin buddy and we could hang out or go our separate ways.
Old April 20th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Looking for a cruise partner. I live in Florida and would love to do 1 or 2 a year from Miami or Ft Lauderdale. Non-smoking, disabled cabin. I have a little difficulty walking but reasonably active in my early 60s. Did the zip line last cruise. Love the pool deck and trying all the different restaurants on ship.
Old April 22nd, 2018, 11:37 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default seeking roommate for HAL 32 night Baltic Jewels and Viking Passage

I am looking for a someone to share a room on Holland America's 32 night Baltic Jewels and Viking Passage.
This departs Rotterdam, Netherlands on June 16, 2018. First there is a loop around the Baltic and then it heads over the northern Atlantic stopping in Iceland and Greenland amongst other places, then finishing in Boston.
Currently the pricing is around $4000 per person, I have a credit card deal that might get me 10% off.

At this time I am not looking at any other cruises.

If you are interested, please message me.
Old April 23rd, 2018, 12:17 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duella View Post
I am interested in sharing a cruise with someone to save on singles fare. I have several in mind but have not made up my mind. I will be 70 next month, still work but on the schedule I choose. I have cruised about 40 times and love it! I don't care to pay for any cabin higher than OV, unless it is drastically reduced in price. I would rather save that money for another cruise. I don't smoke nor drink. I have been told I snore. Nothing seems to bother me getting to sleep, so C paps are not an issue. Nor snoring, I guess. I have sailed on Carnival, Holland America, RCCL, Princess, and one time on Celebrity. I try to be frugal on my trips. If anyone is interested, let me know!
Old April 23rd, 2018, 12:22 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Cabin mate

I am in my early 60's and have cruised several times, all solo. I do not like paying the single supplement and am looking for a cabin mate.
Old April 27th, 2018, 08:52 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Auntie, I am in my 60s and also looking for a cabin mate. I live in Florida, where are you?
Old April 30th, 2018, 02:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default December cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnyone View Post
Hi Auntie, I am in my 60s and also looking for a cabin mate. I live in Florida, where are you?
Hi Sunnyone, I am a married female also in my 60s and have booked an 8 day on the Carnival Sunshine Dec 1-9. Departs from Port Canaveral, going to St Kitts, St Maarten, San Juan and Grand Turk. Would you be interested ? I booked an interior but would consider changing to balcony or suite. If interested please respond to cinderellafwb1@yahoo.com
Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:48 PM
Familiar Face

I'm looking for someone to share a cabin on a Canada / New England cruise in August, September, or October. Thank you, Julie
Old May 7th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Marypeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
This is a STICKY message that will always be at the top - for as long as you are seeking a cruise companion leave your post up here. If you want to cancel just contact me by email (editor@cruisemtes.com) and I will delete your post.

Single ladies 60+ years (or close to this age, it is not a set rule) - please post here with the following information:
  • When you wish to cruise
  • Where you hope to go
  • How long a cruise you want to share
  • Your ideal roommate
  • Personal details about yourself that other people should know (do you snore, etc)
  • Any other details (favorite cruise line, what you expect to spend, etc.)
There is no need to post email addresses or phone numbers. People can contact you through private messages by clicking on your username in the upper right hand corner and selecting "send a private message to [Screename]".

If there is a post here that does not belong then click on the button in the upper corner of the post called "report a post" (to the right of the word "permalink") and tell us if it contains remarks that don't belong here.

Please don't use this board for chit-chat. There are other boards for that. Only use this thread to post specifics about yourself and the cruise you want to share if you are a solo-cruising lady 60 or older.

For a fast way to find this board; look for the "seeking cruise companion" link in the "Cruise Forums" drop-down on the front page (in the navigation bar under the logo).

This is now a sticky thread and it has become quite useful. Please remember to be specific, about whom you may be replying to, when you want to cruise, and always remember this is just a first step, the next step being the telephone and then meeting in person if at all possible.
Old May 7th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Marypeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
This is a STICKY message that will always be at the top - for as long as you are seeking a cruise companion leave your post up here. If you want to cancel just contact me by email (editor@cruisemtes.com) and I will delete your post. Hi I am seeking the ideal roommate easy-going non-smoker does not snore Moderat to non drinker no drama I am a retired flight attendant and free to travel anytime I am single do not smoke and a moderate drinker I wish the cruise 2018 to 2019 7 to 14 days on the Queen Mary can get a great deal but for two in a room with airfare back paid would be interested in planning a cruise or can be very spontaneous I have found that last minute deals are usually the best

Single ladies 60+ years (or close to this age, it is not a set rule) - please post here with the following information:
  • When you wish to cruise
  • Where you hope to go
  • How long a cruise you want to share
  • Your ideal roommate
  • Personal details about yourself that other people should know (do you snore, etc)
  • Any other details (favorite cruise line, what you expect to spend, etc.)
There is no need to post email addresses or phone numbers. People can contact you through private messages by clicking on your username in the upper right hand corner and selecting "send a private message to [Screename]".

If there is a post here that does not belong then click on the button in the upper corner of the post called "report a post" (to the right of the word "permalink") and tell us if it contains remarks that don't belong here.

Please don't use this board for chit-chat. There are other boards for that. Only use this thread to post specifics about yourself and the cruise you want to share if you are a solo-cruising lady 60 or older.

For a fast way to find this board; look for the "seeking cruise companion" link in the "Cruise Forums" drop-down on the front page (in the navigation bar under the logo).

This is now a sticky thread and it has become quite useful. Please remember to be specific, about whom you may be replying to, when you want to cruise, and always remember this is just a first step, the next step being the telephone and then meeting in person if at all possible.
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:13 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duella View Post
I am interested in sharing a cruise with someone to save on singles fare. I have several in mind but have not made up my mind. I will be 70 next month, still work but on the schedule I choose. I have cruised about 40 times and love it! I don't care to pay for any cabin higher than OV, unless it is drastically reduced in price. I would rather save that money for another cruise. I don't smoke nor drink. I have been told I snore. Nothing seems to bother me getting to sleep, so C paps are not an issue. Nor snoring, I guess. I have sailed on Carnival, Holland America, RCCL, Princess, and one time on Celebrity. I try to be frugal on my trips. If anyone is interested, let me know!
Old May 11th, 2018, 06:22 AM
Welcome Newcomer

HAL lost my luggage. Carnival never fixed broken bathroom light. Still like to cruise, and agree ocean view is my choice. Paying double for balcony suite doesn't make sense to me. I am not a smoker or drinker, but enjoy so many food options, and prefer early seating. I get Florida resident, over 60, law enforcement, and educator discounts. Prefer a week or longer for duration, NOT interested in Grand Turk, but would consider any other.
Old May 15th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Any interest in a cruise to New Zealand? I'm newly retired and planning a trip down under to include a cruise. Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity all have Itineraries. I am from Orlando so it's possible we could meet up and plan.
Old May 15th, 2018, 09:36 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I'm interested in going to New Zealand in the fall or after the holidays. Any interest in that. I'm newly retired and planning a trip to Australia to include a cruise. We could do a cruise/tour if you are interested as well. let me know.
Old May 15th, 2018, 09:39 PM
Welcome Newcomer

I might be interested in the word cruise would need details. I am particularly interested in Australia and New Zealand does it have stops there?
Old May 19th, 2018, 01:24 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Mature Australian Lady Looking for Travel Companion

Hi my name is Caroline. I am a non-smoker, non-snoring early riser seeking similar lady to share on a South American holiday, from 18th Feb
to 14th March 2019.

Join me for either a 10 days land tour, 14 days cruise Buenos Aires to Santiago, or both land and sea.

I plan to do 10 days touring Buenos Aires, Iguazu Falls, Rio, Beunos 18th Feb'19

I then board a 14 days inside cabin on the Star Princess from 28th Feb'19

I will be flying from Sydney Australia to Buenos Aires on 18th Feb 2019. Then returning Santiago to Sydney when cruise finishes on 14th March 2019.
Old May 27th, 2018, 03:31 PM
Familiar Face

Hello,
My name is Claire. I am an avid cruiser, senior, get along well with most people. I just posted a repo on Dec. 7-22 on NCL Sun from Mia to Santiago. I am doing a b2b staying on the ship and sailing from Santiago Dec 22-Jan 5 to Buenos Aires. I have an accessible inside cabin. If interested then please email me at clrbn1@yahoo.com.
Old May 27th, 2018, 03:40 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Dr. Joan,
I have a repo on Dec 7-22 from Mia to Santiago on NCL Sun inside accessible cabin. I am doing a B2B on same ship and cabin from Dec 22-Jan 5, 2019 from Santiago to Buenos Aires.
I am a senior wsf, avid cruiser, n/s, non drinker, non snorer, friendly and respectful.
If interested, contact me at clrbn1@yahoo.com. Thank you
Old June 2nd, 2018, 02:18 AM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmbachmann View Post
Looking to go on a world cruise leaving Jan 2020. Checking out itineraries and pricing now. Many cruise lines don't have the 2020 itineraries posted yet so I am going off 2019

Looking for a room mate to share cabin expenses. I am 54 and single and want to embark on this round the world adventure. Not looking for a companion. Only for someone to share costs. I don't intend to be in the cabin much at all. I would even consider a male cabin mate depending on circumstances.

The cruises I am looking at range from 99 - 120 days and inside cabin share price starts at $17k - $24k depending on cruise line an itinerary. I am not considering the cruises that are above that in price.

Any one interested?
I am looking at a world cruise for Jan 2020 on the MSC line 116 days, departs from Barcelona coningvin st about $19000 Cdn is that something of interest to you? Im a young at heart 64 widow, healthy, not a drinker, love photography and cruising, done 15 I think,
Old June 9th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Familiar Face

It would be easier to contact someone if they were willing to leave an email address...you can add a separate email just for cruising if you don't want to use your normal email...just a suggestion to all.
Old June 9th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Familiar Face

Hi all -

Female, 67, no physical limitations, non smoker, lite drinker (Happy Hour), a yearly cruise traveler who enjoys sightseeing & photography seeks long-term Female 'Cruise Buddy' - someone to equally share the planning & experiences of travel. Not required to be joined at the hip - but someone with mostly compatible interests for excursions.

I am happily divorced, decidedly Democrat, straight, casual in dress & attitude, a non-complainer (important) who neither stays up too late or rises too early; am not a sun worshipper or party animal. Generally book middle of ship, low floor, Oceanview.

I research and plan independent tours & look for someone who enjoys & participates in doing the same (will do cruiseline excursions when it's the best option). Budget minded with a plan to "See the World" in bits & chunks, prefer longer cruises interspersed with some shorter less expensive travel. As I plan many longer cruises, a compatible cruiser would need the finances necessary. I have been to 69 Countries & spent over 300 nights cruising.

Am Elite on Celebrity & Diamond on RCCL & 3* HAL but have cruised most 'name-brand' lines depending on itinerary (HAL seems to be the best in that category).

Live near Seattle. If interested, please contact: lj2cruise@aol.com
Old June 14th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default is a lady interested in sharing a cabin for a transatlantic voyage starting aug 26th

I am thinking of booking a sheltered balcony cabin on deck 5 on the cunard queen mary 2 for a transatlantic crossing of 14 nights starting from new york on aug 26th 2018. If i can find a like minded lady to share the space that will bring down the costs.

I am 56, a semi retired professional who has worked with governments in india. my husband and father, my usual travelling companions, are busy with other things and unlikely to join in this trip. however i still want to take this trip to connect with the oceans - i have never travelled on the seas or interacted with them, except small visits to the sea shore in india.

I would like someone to share the cabin who generally likes being as silent as i plan to be within the cabin. ofcourse we would individually or sometimes together, converse with our dining companions or the ship's staff. sometimes such conversations turn out to be in-depth also. but by and large, my purpose is to be silent and be with the ocean, the sunsets, marine life, and the wind as much as possible.

perhaps we can divide the general waking hours 7 am - 11 pm into 4 tranches of 4 hours each. i could choose to be out dining or observing at the decks about 7-11 am and again 3-7 pm. if my companion in the cabin wld choose to be out generally 11 am - 3 pm and then 7-11 pm, we would generally each have the cabin to ourselves. ofcourse there is no hard and fast to it, and we would each share the space equally. but this kind of general arrangement will allow us to be alone quite a bit which i would like. when in the cabin i am generally working on my laptop or reading, and like to be alone for better focus.
Old June 14th, 2018, 12:53 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default i forgot to include email in my post above.