Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2014, 09:18 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to Vanilla Sky
Default Sorry not to sure what happened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistersolo View Post
For Mitch6381 (Sheri): I sent you a PM but have not seen anything from you since. I'd be interested in the Panama cruise if you're still looking for a partner. You can e-mail me at VivfromNH@aol.com.
I find the replies a little bit confusing and probably wasn't sure who you were replying to.

The Panama Canal Cruise is the HAL 28 Mexican Riviera + Sth Caribbean its sold as back to back cruises and leaves from San Diego through the Panama Canal onto Florida then again from Florida doing the Sth Caribbean. I think may be I didn't reply because you said in your original thread reply to me that you were looking in Nov 4 as I cant do that date and can only travel in Dec 2014 or Jan 2015. And this cruise leaves on the 8 Dec 2014. Let me know if you are still interested.
Old July 6th, 2014, 11:10 AM
First Mate

For Vanilla Sky ---

I was responding to "mitch6381", as it said. It would be a lot easier to keep track of things if posters regularly started responses with an indication that the post actually IS a response and not a new item. As far as I know, you and I have never before had an exchange.

December is no good for me; I have 4 family birthdays and 2 anniversaries in that month, besides Christmas. One way or another I will be doing a cruise in early November, just not sure which one yet. Next year, even January, I haven't yet given thought to.
Old July 7th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Hello ladies...

I deleted many of the older, non-specific posts, but I do not want to delete them all as there might be someone from the past whom you wish to contact.

The "secret" to using this message board is to be SPECIFIC in using the name of the person (username they used to post) in your reply to that person. The people I see complaining the most about using the site are the people who don;t do the simple and logical things I suggested in the very first post.

When replying, say "To [username]" - then be specific about which cruise you want to discuss. Remember - the messages can be read by everyone. If you want to send a private message click on a username and select "send private message" - if you want to read your private messages - click on your own username in the upper right hand column.

Just to be clear - I know the name of this site is "CruiseMates" - but this whole "seeking cruise companion" idea just happened, it is not the reason we created the site. We have this message board as a courtesy to you, so please use it as much as you wish, but try to follow the guidelines.

Happy Cruising Ladies - of all ages.
Old July 14th, 2014, 03:40 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Cruise Companion in December with Female just over 60 years.
I am seeking someone to share the cost of a Mini-Suite Cabin Cruise, originating from a Port in the USA, preferably to South America or Europe. Duration between 14 and 17 days.
Old July 18th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Looking for Hawaiian Cruise Cabin Mate

Hi All - I have booked a 15 day round trip LA - Hawaii cruise on Dec. 4, 2014. Seeking non smoker, social drinker, interested in doing some excursions. I am female, 62 y/o and have cruised 6 times before. Cost will be about $1,000 for interior room - I would consider an upgrade cabin.
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:52 PM
Familiar Face

58 female looking to go back to australia....there is a 14 day cruise on nov for 1299 interested?
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:56 PM
Familiar Face

looking for cruise mate 58 female anyhere is good..
Old July 19th, 2014, 11:58 PM
Familiar Face

norwegin jade has this cruise dec 3rd for 409.00 need a cruise mate?
Old August 20th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Familiar Face

Smile Cruise the Meekong, Vietnam/Cambodia

Hi I am an Australian, retired Mid 60's Lady, non smoker, very light drinker, don"t snore, and I am looking for cabin share for
Scenic tours, 22 day cruise/land tour;
Uniworld 15 day cruise/land tour ; for late 2015 or early 2016.
These ships are lovely river cruisers, with hotel stays and all tours included.
I think the best way to see a lot of these places in style and all in the one trip, so I really like the 22 day trip, but would settle for the 15 days. Lorsin
Old August 26th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Oct 6, 2014 Copenhagen-Miami $399 14 nights Norwegian Star

My husband of 45 years and I are having separate adventures this year while we are both healthy and eager for new experiences. He's going back to University while I cruise, so I am looking for a room-mate for this amazing deal and maybe others as I find them.

I am 69, in good health, neat, non-smoking, considerate, relatively quiet. Open to conversation but need quiet time too. Don't drink or gamble but don't care if you do. I have a master's in computer science and have been working with computers since 1966. I love crafts, puzzles, and talking to people about their passions in life.

I'm open to other cruises anywhere in the world. Looking forward to meeting you online or on skype or on ship!

rochelletr@yahoo.com

Last edited by RoyalBee; August 26th, 2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old August 27th, 2014, 02:34 PM
Welcome Newcomer

marciaha, looking for a female roommate for a 12 day cruise in December leaving out of NYC already booked going to the Caribbean. Are you interested???
Old August 27th, 2014, 02:42 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianLowd View Post
My name is Marian and I am a 68 year old female. Looking for a female cabin mate for a cruise leaving from either Boston, New York or New Jersey anytime between March and June 2014. I'm very flexible with the dates but prefer the Norwegian Gem sometime in May 2014. I'm not really looking for a 'hanging' buddy and plan on doing my own thing during the cruise. I'm mainly looking for someone to share a cabin with (but you never know, that could change).
Old August 27th, 2014, 02:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarianLowd View Post
My name is Marian and I am a 68 year old female. Looking for a female cabin mate for a cruise leaving from either Boston, New York or New Jersey anytime between March and June 2014. I'm very flexible with the dates but prefer the Norwegian Gem sometime in May 2014. I'm not really looking for a 'hanging' buddy and plan on doing my own thing during the cruise. I'm mainly looking for someone to share a cabin with (but you never know, that could change).
To: Marianlowd
looking for a roommate for a cruise I have already booked leaving out of New York on Dec 1 on Norweigan Gem for 12 days. Are you interested?
Old September 1st, 2014, 05:09 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default I fell like a newbie cruiser again

I have not cruised for years since I lost my cruiser friend . Want to start looking into 2015 cruises ... I am a non smoker easy traveler not into drama over 60 gal ... I have done back to back cruises and have enjoyed them .. find them more laid back ... especially when you find great deals ... I would either like to plan some cruises or an extended visit to Europe ( Portugal,Spain and Italy) or combine the two .... I like great deals... if there is any interest out there ... would like to hear ideas ... that interest you ..
thank you ...
Old September 9th, 2014, 08:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Great last minutes deal!!!

Hi ladies,

I'm a fun, polite, laid-back girl in her 60's looking for a female roommate (of any age) to share a nice BALCONY stateroom on board the Carnival Splendor going to Canada/New England this Saturday. A 7 day cruise. The cost per person is $1066.46 but you only need to pay $800.00 since it's last minute. The cruise is from 9/13 to 9/20, departs from NYC and visits Boston, Portland, Saint John CA, and the beautiful Halifax CA. I'm a great travel companion. Considerate and respectful. My husband couldn't go and is happy to give you his spot!
Old September 15th, 2014, 11:30 AM
First Mate

Might any of you ladies be interested in joining me for a 9-day Celebrity cruise in the Caribbean, departing Nov. 29 from Ft. Lauderdale? Or, alternatively, a 7-day one departing Dec. 6 from Miami?
Old October 11th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Familiar Face

Which cruises are they SISTERSOLO?

Need to see the ports
Old October 11th, 2014, 07:45 PM
Familiar Face

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorsin View Post
thanks Jeannie for taking a chance on me, see you in December!
2 months out from the cruise to Burma and Beyond! excited and more than ready to set sail,
Old October 12th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Welcome Newcomer

70+ female. Very healthy and presentable with no annoying habits seeking male or female cruise mate to share cabin expense only. Definitely not looking for relationship or anything else. Destination and length of time of trip is very flexible. Most likely will always depart from Florida port. Will always consider a good deal. Silver Life Master bridge player (but not necessarily looking for a bridge partner.) Judy
Old October 12th, 2014, 01:59 PM
First Mate

Maddashin, I'm no longer available for Nov. 29; Dec. 6 or 7, Celebrity has cruises out of both Fort Lauderdale and Miami, eastern Caribbean. Rather than list all the ports for several different cruises, I figured anyone interested in those dates would just check the Celebrity website.

JudyP, would you be interested in either of those dates? (I don't play bridge!)
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:19 PM
Familiar Face

Hello-- I am a retired teacher from Florida. I am a SWF married for 30 wonderful years. Love to cruise. I am a non-smoker, casual drinker and love to be on cruise adventures. In addition would like to go to Prague, Hungry and Budapest if interested let me know.
Old October 21st, 2014, 08:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Tulips and Windmills

I would like to share a cabin with woman on the Viking river cruise in Holland April 21 or 22nd 2015. Trip includes airfare from DC. Cost is $3047.00. I am a non smoker, social drinker 75 yr old female who loves to travel.
Old October 26th, 2014, 02:29 PM
Familiar Face

That is good. Glad you are leaving many up since it is the ability to get in touch with others in case you have a cruise in mind.
Old October 29th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Familiar Face

Hello- I am a SWF, retired teacher who lives in Florida. I am a non-smoker, casual drinker and love to travel and cruise. Like you, I need a companion to cut the cost down. so lets try get together by email and begin an adventure. In addition I am looking at a cruise Wed Jan 26th from Bristol England and back 25 days later on Feb 25th. If interested look up on vacations to go.com #10864--email--vamoonbeam@comcast.net, I love balconies mid-ship
Old October 29th, 2014, 02:19 PM
Familiar Face

Hello- I am a retired teacher from Fort Myers Florida. I am looking for a travel companion for cruiseing. I am a SWF , non-smoker, casual drinker and just love to travel. In addition I am looking to go to Budapest, Hungry and Prague. If interested in joining me, let me know, I am open. Love to travel Jan thru June 2015
email--vamoonbeam@comcast.net
Old November 7th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hello,
I am looking for a cruise mate to share room/cost on a Latin America trip which leaves from Ft Lauderdale, cruises through islands into Brazil, Argentina - Ushuaia, and comes back up through Chile, Peru, Mexico ending in Los Angeles. It is from January 31st, 2015 to March 21st arriving in LA. I speak both Spanish and Portuguese. I have some minor business to take car of in Argentina (my country of birth). I am in my mid 40s, non smoker, non snoring person. Would you be interested in this trip?
Old November 7th, 2014, 09:47 PM
Familiar Face

Smile SWF early 60ís looking for Cabin Mate for Splendor Nov 30th sailing

Hi all! I am wondering if anyone would like to join me for a cruise departing out of Miami on November 30, 2014 on the Carnival Splendor. It is a 7 night cruise with the eastern caribbean itinerary. I have booked an Ocean View cabin on the Riveria deck. It is category 6B. It is in a stateroom that is not a connecting room and there are no rooms right across from it.

Cozumel, Belize, Mahogany Bay, Grand Cayman are the ports.

I also picked the 8:15 dining which could be changed.

This is really cheap! It would only be $350.00 which includes taxes and port charges, you would just be responsible for your tips.

About me: I am in my early 60ís, from the sales profession but not currently working and I love to travel! I donít smoke, drink or do drugs. I am outgoing and friendly, well educated and well traveled. I have a wide variety of interests (dogs being one of them!) I am pretty easy going, I tend to stay up late and sleep in a little, but when I am traveling I like to get going in the morning. I donít think I snore I am pretty tidy and a little on the picky side.

Send me an email if you might be interested and we can set up a Skype! I would need to know pretty soon.
Old November 15th, 2014, 06:44 PM
Welcome Newcomer

hi, I am interested in this same cruise. Maybe we can share. Robert 68 years.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 04:26 AM
Familiar Face

Default Female cabin mate for Panama Canal Cruise in Dec 2014

I am a retired fun loving female cruiser looking to share a cabin with a female to the Panama Canal on any one of the following cruises:
Dec. 19 From Ft. Lauderdale for 14 nights at $999 on HAL Maasdam
Dec. 19 From Ft. Lauderdale for 25 nights at $1699 on HAL Maasdam
Dec. 26 From Ft. Lauderdale for 17 nights at $1099 on HAL Zuiderdam
Dec. 29 From Ft. Lauderdale for 11 nights at $[B]699 on Island Princess

I can be contacted at rikihart@gmail.com
gingie
Old November 27th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to MagScriven Send a message via Yahoo to MagScriven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
This is a STICKY message that will always be at the top - for as long as you are seeking a cruise companion leave your post up here. If you want to cancel just edit your post to change your plans.

Single ladies 60+ years (or close to this age, it is not a set rule) - please post here with the following information:
  • When you wish to cruise
  • Where you hope to go
  • How long a cruise you want to share
  • Your ideal roommate
  • Personal details about you other people should know
  • Any other details (favorite cruise line, what you expect to spend, etc.)
There is no need to post email addresses or phone numbers. People can contact you through private messages by clicking on your username in the upper right hand corner and selecting "send a private message to [Screename]".

If there is a post here that does not belong then click on the button in the upper corner of the post called "report a post" (to the right of the word "permalink") and tell us if it contains remarks that don't belong here.

Please don't use this board for chit-chat. There are other boards for that. Only use this thread to post specifics about yourself and the cruise you want to share if you are a solo-cruising lady 60 or older.

For a fast way to find this board is to look for "seeking cruise companion" link in the "Cruise Forums" drop-down on the front page (in the navigation bar under the logo).

This is now a sticky thread and it has become quite useful. Please remember to be specific, about whom you may be replying to, when you want to cruise, and always remember this is just a first step, the next step being the telephone and then meeting in person if at all possible.
Hi - I'll be 58 soon, good for something, at least, I hope !
I would like to take a cruise out of Baltimore sometime in the next couple of months. My schedule at this moment is flexible. There are some very good deals for January and that might be good. I have sailed on both the Royal Caribbean and the Carnival and I like them both. I am married but my husband cannot go.

I am a non-smoker, light drinker, and like to rest and read. Not much into the partying or clubbing on board; I love the nice dining experiences and do some port touring if the weather cooperates (haven't had any success with that in a long time.) I love the beach and some sightseeing. I don't walk very far so I don't do extensive excursions that require a lot of walking. I love the shows and games on-board. I am an early-to-bed, early-to-rise person, very neat. I use a C-PAP so I won't snore!