Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2012, 08:07 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Smile Looking for woman to share cabin on European 12 night cruise June 16th 2013 Carnival

Hi fellow cruisers!

I am new to being single and thus new to single cruising, although I have been on many cruises with my ex and kids.

This is the cruise I need to do to fit in with my dates and I am hoping to find a friend to share a cabin I am a 46 year old Aussie single mum who will be child free and hoping to just having a fun and relaxing time. Happy to share with a woman of any age, and happy to do my own thing or do things together if you want. I am pretty quiet, not out too late, and won't be bringing men back to my room.....the cabin will be a male free zone

This cruise is on Carnival Spirit and starts in Venice and ends in Barcelona from 16th June 2013 for 12 nights. Prefer a cheaper room as on a budget. The cheapest room works out at about $1200 each which includes taxes etc.

Email me on glendap@gameparents.com

Thanks!
Glenda
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2012, 04:38 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Best time?

Just wondering....what is the best time to find a cruise partner? Do most look for partners close to the sail date? What cabin type is it easier to find a cabine mate for?

Glenda
Old August 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmicmum View Post
Just wondering....what is the best time to find a cruise partner? Do most look for partners close to the sail date? What cabin type is it easier to find a cabine mate for?

Glenda
Hi Glenda

With so many cruise bargains around this year, may I suggest that people may hold out for price reductions before commiting themselves?? I know late booking does not suit everyone but I have seen that as a trend.

Annie
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:22 PM
Familiar Face

I agree I tend to book last min specials as well. But it doesn't hurt to start looking for a cruisemate now and get to know one another first.

Also being kid free now I like to travel off season as opposed to summer months when more families are vacationing.

Good luck and happy cruise planning!!
Laura
Old August 5th, 2012, 06:54 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Thanks Annie and Laura

I can't help it, I'm a planner . I will probably end up just booking now and then looking for someone to share closer to the time. Because I need to book flights and things now, and am working around my kids visiting their dad in the USA (I am in Australia), I need to make sure I dont miss out on cheap rooms on the one cruise where the dates suit me. Better to have to fork out the extra 1000 than have to pay more for the room later. I am not sure what specials would be offered for the summer months anyhow, and I was too late to check out what was available for the same time this year which was a shame.

If anyone can offer advice on whether there are any/many summer specials that would help...I am figuring not so much.

Thanks for your help
Glenda
Old August 5th, 2012, 07:42 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmicmum View Post
Thanks Annie and Laura

I can't help it, I'm a planner . I will probably end up just booking now and then looking for someone to share closer to the time. Because I need to book flights and things now, and am working around my kids visiting their dad in the USA (I am in Australia), I need to make sure I dont miss out on cheap rooms on the one cruise where the dates suit me. Better to have to fork out the extra 1000 than have to pay more for the room later. I am not sure what specials would be offered for the summer months anyhow, and I was too late to check out what was available for the same time this year which was a shame.

If anyone can offer advice on whether there are any/many summer specials that would help...I am figuring not so much.

Thanks for your help
Glenda
I understand your predicament.

If it helps I met Aussies on my late summer cruise last year who booked their flights and then picked up a cruise (at cheaper rates) later on.

The economy in Europe is still in the doldrums and we do not see much uptuen in the next 12 months. So many UK cruisers are holding out for bargains

Annie
Old August 7th, 2012, 08:47 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Yeah I get that....but I keep being told that the best thing to do with Carnival is to book the early bird rates, because you can get refunded if the price drops later on....this seems to make sense

Lorrie
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:05 AM
Admiral

I don't sail Carnival so you could be correct.

All I tell you just now is that there are bargains in Europe across all the lines.

Living in Europe, I avoid the months of June-mid Sept - simply too hot for me

Good luck

Annie