Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2012, 02:45 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via MSN to lhunath
Default Sharing Cabin QM2, SH - NY, Oct. 14

I'm looking to travel from South Hampton to New York on October 14th (Queen Mary 2). My wife is actually already on this cruise in her own cabin but there's no space for me! Only 4 allowed per cabin and we have 3 kids.

That leaves me with buying a full-price cabin for a single person and it's just too expensive. Anyone looking to enjoy this cruise alone and on a budget is welcome to share a cabin and pay half the singles cost.

I may purchase from here:
Vacations To Go

I'd prefer a balcony cabin.

FYI, I'm 28, a software developer, I don't smoke, and I will probably not be in your way too much as I'll be exploring the ship in the company of my wife.
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2012, 10:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just curious...why don't one of your kids share your cabin??? Seems odd for 4 people to be in one cabin and only one person in another...you ought to split it up.
Old July 28th, 2012, 02:58 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Since I have one 4-year old daughter and two infants, the two infants travel free of charge but only if they're the third or fourth in the cabin.
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Yikes! I would suggest that you leave the infants home with the grandparents. A luxury ocean liner is no place for babies and your fellow passengers will appreciate not having children so young around to disturb the elegant ambience of this beautiful ship. Plus, you and your wife will enjoy the trip so much more without having to constantly care for and watch them; it will be enough with the 4-year old.
Old July 28th, 2012, 04:59 PM
Welcome Newcomer

That's a little hard considering we're moving house. ;-)

We're emigrating from Belgium to Canada.
Old July 29th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

It would be much easier...and quicker...for all involved to make the trip by air; also less expensive and more considerate for fellow passengers...
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Excuse me, but you're being rather presumptuous. The Queen Mary 2 is perfectly outfitted for families traveling with children. There's even daycare services throughout the day where we can drop the kids of for free so we can go somewhere on our own and not annoy fellow passengers like you.

Also, I'm guessing you've never had children of your own or certainly haven't had to cross the Atlantic with any by air. If we were to travel by air, it would be a terrible experience for all involved. That includes us and the passengers onboard the plane. Stuck in a tiny can with no space to move, barely any bathroom space to change an infant, and no services. Certainly no room to be on your own or away from your fellow travellers. Would you rather be stuck in that with an infant crying on the seat next to you, or on a city of a boat where you or the parents can extract themselves or actually take care of and cheer up the poor child?

I imagine you haven't given any of this any thought before you made your presumptuous comments. I imagine you're likely the type of person who sits in their corner complaining about how inconsiderate other people are for disrupting your otherwise perfect holiday.

It would be quicker. That is all. Not even any cheaper. But don't worry, I don't expect we'll be on the same cruise.