Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2012, 02:35 PM
Familiar Face

Default Creeping Feeling??

I find many old men from this site gives me the creepy feeling. Personally, I've exchanged few PM and e-mail conversations and I still cannot shake this feeling away. Maybe I am paranoid, but I've always trust my instinct.

Never been on a cruise with any male from this site, but I've cruised with at least five seasoned divorced females from this site. From my personal observation, I find many of the people from this site came from dysfunctional family/background, but it's not my business to judge nor is it my business to poke into their background. I am extremely grateful these ladies showed class and elegance. It was an eye-opening experience to cruise with strangers....albeit, I had one problem with one female in which she took money from the cabin safe, but from that experience, I learned to put all the money into my personal "cruise account" which no cabin guest(s) can access it except yourself.
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2012, 08:51 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Feedback based on my observation in the field

I stumbled upon this site last night, and I have to say that I am shocked that strangers would want to travel together on a cruise. I just returned from my first cruise and stayed in cabin with my daughter's mother-in-law. According to my experience, travel is just not as much fun unless you can share it with someone you love or really are close to. It's kind of like being forced to share a room with a co-worker @meeting.
Old August 10th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Familiar Face

I've traveled around the world by backpacking and I always considered youth hostel for the following reasons: first, it's inexpensive; second, the people I meet at the hostels are mostly in my generation; third, people are fun, adventurous, and unpretentious. On that note, I am open-minded and do not mind sharing housing/living arrangement with no expectations other than a cordial coexistence. There are certain basic etiquette and rules in which we all have to respect, but those rules are really common sense. Many hostels consist up to eight beds per room, so sharing housing/living arrangement with strangers can cause discomforts to some. However, when you don't have enough resource/money for standard hotel, then you must be willing to "share" the housing/living arrangement in order to meet your travel budget. Having said that, this is no different from sharing a cruise cabin, but I find it difficult and high discomfort feeling sharing small living arrangement with old men. Personally, I've met many old men (at least 50 years old) on the cruise and they looked at 20 years old girls like creepy perverts. Some even took pictures of them and I find this behavior extremely creepy. I find this inappropriate behavior usually lead men to pay for sex with young girls in Central America or Asia.
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:46 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Your post and ego give me a creepy feeling. Get counseling!
Old August 10th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have to agree, as a 50+ year old man - keep your unproven "feelings" to yourself. Men are men and people are people - it is rude to stereotype anyone for any reason. By age 50 the vast majority of men are past being "creepy," especally compared to younger guys full of testosterone.

I think it is just the age factor you find creepy and that is a form of '___ism"
Old August 10th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Captain

I agree with Paul here. I am also over 50. I have been happily married for 35 years - and I like to look at young women - but just look! I have no evil intent but what is wrong with appreciating an attractive young female?

Of course the married men reading this know that if I were to do anything else but look my darling beautiful wife - would beat the crap out of me!
Old August 10th, 2012, 09:29 AM
Admiral

Default Insulted

I am trying to work out which group of people you have not insulted??

You are of the opinion that many people on this site come from dysfunctional backgrounds - does that include you??

I have found roomies on this site (male and female) - never had any issues. In fact we are still in touch. I even keep in touch with someone who I eventually did not cruise with.

On my last two cruises I have had my own cabin - at bargain basement pricing.

I agree I have corresponded with 1 or 2 potential roomies - my instincts were not good - so I ended any discussion. However I would never call them either dysfunctional or creepy - I have no evidence.

Annie
Old August 10th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Familiar Face

Mr. Motter,

I beg to differ, sir. With all possible respect, Mr. Motter, that's a lame excuse to say men are men and people are people. This is like saying, I don't feel like waiting in a long line, so I am just going to cut in front of these people. Is that appropriate action for a grown adult? Of course, not, right? If you're a grown matured adult, then act appropriately. Personally, I was taught to respect elder people and people in general. If I have different views and/or disagreement with grown adults, then I will convey my disagreement in civility. I do not stereotype. My personal observations are factual and accurate -- actions say many things about a person's character. If a person professing to be a Christian, but his/her actions do not share the values of a Christian, then what conclusion can we draw from this observation?

There's a lot to be said for the culture we live in today...I personally think we are in a culture of narcissism in which people "feel" they can do whatever they want without consequences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
I have to agree, as a 50+ year old man - keep your unproven "feelings" to yourself. Men are men and people are people - it is rude to stereotype anyone for any reason. By age 50 the vast majority of men are past being "creepy," especally compared to younger guys full of testosterone.

I think it is just the age factor you find creepy and that is a form of '___ism"
Old August 10th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Familiar Face

There's nothing wrong with admiring young and/or seasoned attractive females, but staring is impolite. Additionally, taking photo of young females without permission is inappropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsdude View Post
I agree with Paul here. I am also over 50. I have been happily married for 35 years - and I like to look at young women - but just look! I have no evil intent but what is wrong with appreciating an attractive young female?

Of course the married men reading this know that if I were to do anything else but look my darling beautiful wife - would beat the crap out of me!
Old August 10th, 2012, 01:06 PM
Familiar Face

what do you recommend for therapy/counseling? drugs or liquor? Or, both? which works best for you?

If you have more intelligent comment, then I will return the same courtesy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim212 View Post
Your post and ego give me a creepy feeling. Get counseling!
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Familiar Face

As an educator I learned long ago it's very hard to reason with ignorance; and when you combine ignorance with righteousness, it's virtually impossible to get through.

Can't Forget
X Summit-Infinity / Sapphire Princess / Carnival Elation-Splendor-Pride / RCI Serenade-Voyager-Radiance / NCL Pride of Aloha
Old August 10th, 2012, 02:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

I find it rather odd that you burned so much energy watching and judging older men.

You have certainly taken a bit of time to decide anyone over 50 is creepy.

I have no idea how you decided the people on this board come from disfunctional families or how that makes a person "creepy" or automatically erodes a persons values.

I did come from a disfunctional family and I have to say my moral compas is screwed on strait. So I have a hard time with the conclustions you draw.

You post is just this side of a person attck on any man over 50.

Old August 10th, 2012, 06:25 PM
Admiral

Don't you know a troll when you see one? I reprted this post as soon as I saw it.
Old August 10th, 2012, 06:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

I resemble that acusation

Oh you mean the OP.

Old August 10th, 2012, 07:11 PM
Admiral

Default Troll ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnthed0g View Post
Don't you know a troll when you see one? I reprted this post as soon as I saw it.

JTD

Not sure OP is a troll. The person has posted several times.

Annie
Old August 11th, 2012, 09:40 AM
Captain

Smile

I am over fifty and the day I stop looking at the pretty girls is the day I die. Whats wrong with checking out a thing of beauty? Its human nature.
Old August 11th, 2012, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

These days it's so hard to tell the ages of girls..... I don't know if I am a dirty old man or a pervert
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 11th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I find this statement a bit presumptive: I find many of the people from this site came from dysfunctional family background, but it's not my business to judge. YA THINK?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator