CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Room mate matching program (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/391230-room-mate-matching-program.html)

cruisetooz August 13th, 2012 07:21 PM

Room mate matching program

Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if the Royal Caribbean Cruises offer these Single share room mate matching program. If so do you know a site that I can go through to book this. I'm looking into maybe taking a cruise from Honolulu to Sydney for Sept.24(17 days). Any help would be great:D

Im also looking into Holland America Cruises from Vancouver to Sydney, I've noticed that they do offer the program but I hear its hard to book and I don't know how to go about it

Rent-A-Cruz-Bum August 13th, 2012 11:23 PM

I do not think any cruise lines offer this service. lawsuits potential. If there were such program, they wouldn't be much profit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cruisetooz (Post 1442120)
Hi I was wondering if anyone knows if the Royal Caribbean Cruises offer these Single share room mate matching program. If so do you know a site that I can go through to book this. I'm looking into maybe taking a cruise from Honolulu to Sydney for Sept.24(17 days). Any help would be great:D

Im also looking into Holland America Cruises from Vancouver to Sydney, I've noticed that they do offer the program but I hear its hard to book and I don't know how to go about it

aerospace August 14th, 2012 05:41 AM

Holland had it on 2 ships last I checked though it's risky to use. You are required to pay book price for a single travelor, then if they find you a match you will be rebooked at current prices.

When I looked: 35 day trip 3400 double price, 6000 single, 8000 through match program. If you do it early I guess you could pay deposit and cancel if they dont find a match.

Best bet is to find a roommate through this site or others. You can book through any travel agent and they will split the cost and send documents to both parties.

aspengal August 14th, 2012 11:28 AM

HAL Beware

I investigated HALs share program several yrs. ago due to their excellent long itins.I reached a sympathetic agent who really explained the program as a giant RIPOFF, as OP has said. She said I may end up as a caretaker for an elderly female. Families have been known to use the share as a service for relatives who still love to cruise. Since then I went on a 14N HAL inCaribbean. It was filled with elderly cruisers most over 75. The longer the cruise the older the cruisers. Food was geared towards this age group, awful. Go with a younger focused cruise line. Both Royal and Celebrity go over to Australia and back. I am planning on Celebrity Solstice 2013 Fall with a lady I met on this site. We will book later as fares come down.Both have a more diverse passenger base.Keep posting on this site for CruiseMate.

gbrad August 26th, 2012 04:28 PM

Vacations to go singles cruises have a matching program, same sex