CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Panama, San Diego to Florida (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/392355-panama-san-diego-florida.html)

robert59 October 9th, 2012 11:56 PM

Panama, San Diego to Florida

Retired male straight non-smoking teacher/coach looking for a someone to share a inside cabin on a cruise from San Diego thru Panama to Florida. Trip takes 14 days with stops in Mexico and Central America and leaves Dec. 4. I like traveling, gym workouts, sightseeing,sports,kayaking,dinning, dancing, social drinking and reading. I will be renting a car in FL. and driving to DC to visit my daughter for Christmas and can also share ride to north east area. Male or Female OK.

SoCalGringo October 10th, 2012 03:16 AM

pancanal east.

howdy robert,

what's the ship and the cost/taxes, etc. are you stationed in san diego, or flying into lax and driving down? please advise. thank you.

s/f

vr/chandler.

over...

robert59 October 12th, 2012 03:08 PM

The ship is Celebrity Century, cost is $999, I don't know the taxes yet. Its for 15 days and stops 6 times in Mexico,Guatemala,Costa Rico,Panama and Colombia. I live in Colorado but will probably drive from my winter home in Mexico to San Diego. Do you live in Calif.and have you taken other cruises.

robert59 October 15th, 2012 07:23 PM

More info. the price has dropped to $819 and may go down again by 2nd week of Nov. Gets in FT Lauderdale Dec. 16tth. Has some great excursions at Panama if you are into nature.

SemperPup October 16th, 2012 01:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robert59 (Post 1451054)
More info. the price has dropped to $819 and may go down again by 2nd week of Nov. Gets in FT Lauderdale Dec. 16tth. Has some great excursions at Panama if you are into nature.

hey robert: taxes are like $300 - 400 (for canal passage) on top of cruise price. i'll tell'ya upfront, i've got a dog [rex] who comes with me. i'll shoulder the extra charges for him if there are any, but i wanted to be straight with you--'cuz a dog might be a deal-breaker for some folks.

to your questions: i'm stationed in california (long beach) and nope, i never been on a cruise before--but i'd like to take several in the next year. it would be good to find a bud for trips and cutting out the singles' supplements + kinda show me the ropes (or not, if you're only lookin to share a rack & head. straight & white here, considerate non-smoker--i don't drink unless it's free; even then, i'm a lightweight.

anyhow, let me know if rex the dog is a deal breaker--if not, you/me can go from there. seems like there are a lot of good deals. i have good flexibility with time/location -- but like to keep my total daily expenses down if possible. don't know if this pc cruise would work, because (until my civilian passport comes--mid/late november) i need to go in/out of the same u.s port (r/t san diego; r/t ft lauderdale, etc) but after my pp comes, i can go anywhere, that i can pay for.

you been on a cruise before? how does having a vacation home in mexico work out for you? close to the water, etc. name's chandler.

ps: if you wanna hit me direct (without going through the message board) e-dress is SoCalGringo@gmail.com.

s/f

vr/chandler

over...

robert59 October 19th, 2012 11:22 PM

Panama cruise

Hello Chandler, sorry but I have a little problem with hairy critters ( dogs and cats ) after a day or two I get watery eyes and runny nose. Mexico is great, I have been there every winter for 16 years. I go there to get away from the bad winters in colorado. I live about 2 blocks from the beach lots of great people, fishing and kayaking. Good luck on your search for a cruise mate. Robert

CRUISERUN October 21st, 2012 08:35 AM

did you check with the cruise lines to see if they even take a dog been on over 20 cruises never saw a dog on board any ship

Cerros October 25th, 2012 12:01 PM

Hi Robert, Please take a look at your private messages.

robert59 October 26th, 2012 10:29 PM

For some reason I can't get my private messages to come up on my computer ????? Please send me an e-mail I can reach you

robert59 October 26th, 2012 10:32 PM

For some reason I can't get my private messages to come up on my computer ?????? could you send me an e-mail that I could reach you.

PeterFLA October 30th, 2012 11:20 AM

Panama Canal Cruisemate

Hello: I'm interested in your Panama Canal cruise. I am a 60 y.o. old male, considerate, and easy going. Please give me a call at 727-545-3416 and we can discuss it. Best Wishes, Peter Richard