Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Panama, San Diego to Florida

Retired male straight non-smoking teacher/coach looking for a someone to share a inside cabin on a cruise from San Diego thru Panama to Florida. Trip takes 14 days with stops in Mexico and Central America and leaves Dec. 4. I like traveling, gym workouts, sightseeing,sports,kayaking,dinning, dancing, social drinking and reading. I will be renting a car in FL. and driving to DC to visit my daughter for Christmas and can also share ride to north east area. Male or Female OK.
Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2012, 03:16 AM
Familiar Face

Default pancanal east.

howdy robert,

what's the ship and the cost/taxes, etc. are you stationed in san diego, or flying into lax and driving down? please advise. thank you.

s/f

vr/chandler.

over...
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Welcome Newcomer

The ship is Celebrity Century, cost is $999, I don't know the taxes yet. Its for 15 days and stops 6 times in Mexico,Guatemala,Costa Rico,Panama and Colombia. I live in Colorado but will probably drive from my winter home in Mexico to San Diego. Do you live in Calif.and have you taken other cruises.
Old October 15th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Welcome Newcomer

More info. the price has dropped to $819 and may go down again by 2nd week of Nov. Gets in FT Lauderdale Dec. 16tth. Has some great excursions at Panama if you are into nature.
Old October 16th, 2012, 01:33 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert59 View Post
More info. the price has dropped to $819 and may go down again by 2nd week of Nov. Gets in FT Lauderdale Dec. 16tth. Has some great excursions at Panama if you are into nature.
hey robert: taxes are like $300 - 400 (for canal passage) on top of cruise price. i'll tell'ya upfront, i've got a dog [rex] who comes with me. i'll shoulder the extra charges for him if there are any, but i wanted to be straight with you--'cuz a dog might be a deal-breaker for some folks.

to your questions: i'm stationed in california (long beach) and nope, i never been on a cruise before--but i'd like to take several in the next year. it would be good to find a bud for trips and cutting out the singles' supplements + kinda show me the ropes (or not, if you're only lookin to share a rack & head. straight & white here, considerate non-smoker--i don't drink unless it's free; even then, i'm a lightweight.

anyhow, let me know if rex the dog is a deal breaker--if not, you/me can go from there. seems like there are a lot of good deals. i have good flexibility with time/location -- but like to keep my total daily expenses down if possible. don't know if this pc cruise would work, because (until my civilian passport comes--mid/late november) i need to go in/out of the same u.s port (r/t san diego; r/t ft lauderdale, etc) but after my pp comes, i can go anywhere, that i can pay for.

you been on a cruise before? how does having a vacation home in mexico work out for you? close to the water, etc. name's chandler.

ps: if you wanna hit me direct (without going through the message board) e-dress is SoCalGringo@gmail.com.

s/f

vr/chandler

over...
Old October 19th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Panama cruise

Hello Chandler, sorry but I have a little problem with hairy critters ( dogs and cats ) after a day or two I get watery eyes and runny nose. Mexico is great, I have been there every winter for 16 years. I go there to get away from the bad winters in colorado. I live about 2 blocks from the beach lots of great people, fishing and kayaking. Good luck on your search for a cruise mate. Robert
Old October 21st, 2012, 08:35 AM
Familiar Face

did you check with the cruise lines to see if they even take a dog been on over 20 cruises never saw a dog on board any ship
Old October 25th, 2012, 12:01 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Hi Robert, Please take a look at your private messages.
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:29 PM
Welcome Newcomer

For some reason I can't get my private messages to come up on my computer ????? Please send me an e-mail I can reach you
Old October 26th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Welcome Newcomer

For some reason I can't get my private messages to come up on my computer ?????? could you send me an e-mail that I could reach you.
Old October 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Panama Canal Cruisemate

Hello: I'm interested in your Panama Canal cruise. I am a 60 y.o. old male, considerate, and easy going. Please give me a call at 727-545-3416 and we can discuss it. Best Wishes, Peter Richard