Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > People > Seeking Cruise Companion
Register Forgot Password?

Seeking Cruise Companion For people looking for share cruise expenses as roommates. Sexual or suggestives posts will be deleted.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2013, 02:31 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default SWF, 46, seeking female cabinmate for transatlantic journey, QM2, departing NYC 6/1

Hi there,

I am an experienced solo transatlantic cruiser, looking to share a cabin this time around in order to avoid the single supplement, and perhaps get a much nicer cabin! (I usually wait until the last minute when the price goes down, and then buy the cheapest cabin available, but if I had a roommate I could afford--and would prefer--a balcony cabin.)

I am a college professor on sabbatical, travelling overseas to give a paper at a conference, and then meet my long-time partner (male), who (like a reasonable person) is just going to jump on a plane and fly to Europe. I have a severe flying phobia and prefer the long and scenic route.

I have my eyes on the QM2, leaving NYC June 1, arriving London June 8 and Hamburg June 10. I'd like to take it all the way to Hamburg, but if you are only going to London, that's fine. The QM2 continues from Hamburg on to the Norwegian fjords for another round trip before returning to its London/NYC route. I would be interested in staying on board for the Scandinavian segment as well, if I had a roommate.

I would also consider travelling on Oceania Cruises' Marina, departing NYC May 26, arriving London June 11. More expensive, longer, and fancier, but if you're up for it I would be, too.

I am a non-smoker and non-drinker. I'm quiet, friendly, polite, open-minded, and self-contained, but I also enjoy dancing and having fun when the mood hits. Despite being a professor (I teach theatre history and dramatic literature), I am young at heart and have a pretty good sense of humor.

I've never sailed with a roommate I don't know, so I'd want us to chat a bit and maybe meet if you are in the Northeast. Age, race, and persuasion are unimportant to me, but you must be female, a non-smoker, and not planning to watch too much television (especially during the day). I tend to sleep in, read, go to the spa and gym and library, swim, take yoga classes, go to lectures and movies, etc. I am happy to be on my own or do stuff together if it works out. I will not be dependent on you for a social life, and you should not be dependent on me, though if we hit it off and want to hang out: Great!

Please message me if you're interested. We have a bit of time to wait and watch the prices go down, but I don't want to wait so long that the trip sells out.

Looking forward to hearing from potential cabin-mates!
Sponsored Links