CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Seeking Cruise Companion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/)
-   -   Carnival - Russia & Scandinavia cruise (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/seeking-cruise-companion/395346-carnival-russia-scandinavia-cruise.html)

S.E.Texas Cruiser March 30th, 2013 08:07 PM

Carnival - Russia & Scandinavia cruise

Don’t know that I will have a lot of luck here but it's worth a shot…
Just curious to see if there's anybody else that would be interested in going on a European cruise in July or August, 2013. I'm considering going, but don’t have anyone to share a cabin with, and I am looking to avoid the massive single supplement. The cruise leaves out of London (Dover), England travels to Copenhagen, Denmark; Berlin (Warnemunde), Germany; Helsinki, Finland; St. Petersburg, Russia; Tallinn, Estonia; Amsterdam, the Netherlands; and back to London. The details are available on the Carnival website look for “Russia & Scandinavia cruise”. As of this posting, the cruise can now be booked for $750-$950, depending on sailing; a significant drop over the pricing a few weeks ago.
A little about me: I am an educated, SWM, mid 30’s, I live near Houston. I am new on this messageboard, but not new to cruising, as I have been cruising in some capacity, since the late 80’s. Although this is strictly platonic, I would prefer a female cabinmate; HWP, educated, my age or younger. Due to the fact this sailing is fast approaching, and the costs of the cruise & air travel are going to limit potential cabinmates, I would consider other travelers; male, older female, etc. It would be great to find someone in Houston or the surrounding area, so we can meet in person, before buying any tickets, but again, I am flexible. Please contact me if you are interested or want more details. Thanks.

aerospace March 30th, 2013 11:23 PM

I have been considering a cruise that visits Russia for some time. Are you set on the time frame as I would like to go sooner like April/May/June.

32/m/Dallas. I have been on 21 cruises so far and would like to schedule the next. The main benefit of going sooner is to cruise to europe first and most ships go over in that time frame. I could use a different cruisemate or go solo for that portion if your not interested or don't have the free time available.

Let me know your thoughts
Michael

S.E.Texas Cruiser April 13th, 2013 11:28 PM

Update:
Prices have increased slightly on this sailing, but still a good deal. As long as pricing stays reasonable, I am still looking to go.
I realize airfare to London is a killer for a lot of people, but there has to be someone willing to go.
If anyone is considering this sailing, please let me know, even if you are not my “ideal” cabinmate.
Thanks

S.E.Texas Cruiser May 3rd, 2013 07:18 PM

I'm still looking. Is anybody seriously interested in this itinerary?

NickMammoth May 4th, 2013 01:41 PM

Princess has a cruise to those ports leaving Southampton July 13 for 14 days, inside cabin about 1300. I am serious about booking it . I am a separated bi sexual 70 year old male. Not looking for sex, just to let you know. I live in Loa Angeles.

NickMammoth May 5th, 2013 11:58 AM

Pst scripti

Have the July 13 Baltic cruise on hold till tomorrow (Monday ) night. Inside cabin. With taxes it'sBout 1400 per person, with 100 ship credit. Let me know

Mark91324@gmail.com.

S.E.Texas Cruiser May 27th, 2013 11:10 PM

Update: I am still looking... 7/3/13 sailing is only $700, but time is getting short for me to schedule time off. Later sailings are $850-$1000; I am still open to one of those. There has to someone on here who wants to go! If you are interested but the airfare is stopping you, contact me anyway; I may be able to comp you some frequent flier miles or something...

NickMammoth May 28th, 2013 11:30 PM

I have the Princess cruise booked. Inside cabin, I can compensate you for the increase. I think you would only have to pay 1100 to join me. It's 14 days on the Crown Princess. Much nicer than Carnival. Leaves Southampton July 13.

Mark91324@gmail.com